Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nessy182

Hi, I passed my interview for the reserves in august time and placed in the top 10 for dublin I rang today to see about the medical and was told they've no time frame for it but was told in august it would be October and haven't heard a thing....Has anyone else heard anything back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Trackerjacker

Nessy182 wrote: »
    Hi, I passed my interview for the reserves in august time and placed in the top 10 for dublin I rang today to see about the medical and was told they've no time frame for it but was told in august it would be October and haven't heard a thing....Has anyone else heard anything back?

A few people have done medicals already, but not many. When they say things like they don't have a time frame take that as its going to be ages before ya here from them. I'm 5 years waiting . I applied back in the 2013 campaign passed everything and didnt get a medical and training till 2015 , then training was cancelled and everyone was just put on a waiting list till the next class which was meant to be "in the new year" !!! They are full of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

DO you have to redo your medical

gem112 wrote: »
    DO you have to redo your medical

I do indeed. Had to redo the Sergeant and inspector meetings as well. ****ing joke. In 5 years its been the same ****.. There hasn't been a class of reserves since 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

A few people have done medicals already, but not many. When they say things like they don't have a time frame take that as its going to be ages before ya here from them. I'm 5 years waiting . I applied back in the 2013 campaign passed everything and didnt get a medical and training till 2015 , then training was cancelled and everyone was just put on a waiting list till the next class which was meant to be "in the new year" !!! They are full of ****.

Guess thats this campaign kissed goodbyeðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

SO7378 wrote: »
    Guess thats this campaign kissed goodbyeðŸ‘

Well I don’t think it is I rang HQ yesterday and he said my process is at the final final stage last few little checks. He said as regards to training I’m at the doorstep so hopefully we will be getting dates soon enough.

Hyneser03 wrote: »
    Well I don’t think it is I rang HQ yesterday and he said my process is at the final final stage last few little checks. He said as regards to training I’m at the doorstep so hopefully we will be getting dates soon enough.

My application has moved alot faster for the full time than the reserves.. Its like talking to a wall when talking to them in HRM

Was on to HRM.... they are waiting on dates for medicals hope to have them by the end of the month... they have alot going through for full time and hope to run us through asap....

Was on to HRM.... they are waiting on dates for medicals hope to have them by the end of the month... they have alot going through for full time and hope to run us through asap....

Hopefully ye get them soon cause they need to get a class in of reserves could be summer at this rate.

Hopefully ye get them soon cause they need to get a class in of reserves could be summer at this rate.

It will be summer !!! Mark my words. And before people say I'm being negative , I just no this lot by now.haha

• Advertisement

It will be summer !!! Mark my words. And before people say I'm being negative , I just no this lot by now.haha

Ya man ur right by the looks of it at this stage it’s going to be summer

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Hi Everyone.. I applied for both the Garda Reserves & Garda Trainee campaign last year.. I was lucky enough to get to stage 3 on the Trainee campaign. However, I failed by 4 points! I was so gutted! I also got to stag 2 of the reserve but was foolish enough to not go. Now I’m out of both pictures.

I heard that there’s another recruitment campaign is this for the Garda trainee or Garda reserves also? Just wondering? Anyone know a timeframe when applications will be launched.

Kind regards,
    Cian

Nah you aint being negative.. Atleast most of us only have to do a stupid medical which im sure we will all fly .. So stupid.. Theres no students in the college at all.. Was up there on sataurday... And its not like the reserves take up much room these days as some stations (mainly HQs) like sligo regional HQ for example can facilitate training so it free's up the college... The college is smaller than i thought haha

Nah you aint being negative.. Atleast most of us only have to do a stupid medical which im sure we will all fly .. So stupid.. Theres no students in the college at all.. Was up there on sataurday... And its not like the reserves take up much room these days as some stations (mainly HQs) like sligo regional HQ for example can facilitate training so it free's up the college... The college is smaller than i thought haha[/quote
    Ur right man do ya mind me asking why you were up at the college. Was up there myself bout five years ago wondering has it changed since

Nah you aint being negative.. Atleast most of us only have to do a stupid medical which im sure we will all fly .. So stupid.. Theres no students in the college at all.. Was up there on sataurday... And its not like the reserves take up much room these days as some stations (mainly HQs) like sligo regional HQ for example can facilitate training so it free's up the college... The college is smaller than i thought haha[/quote
    Ur right man do ya mind me asking why you were up at the college. Was up there myself bout five years ago wondering has it changed since

Was up the for the physical/information day for the full time.. Biggest waste of time.. Drove 3 hours from sligo.. Wasnt alowed to run the obsticle course or try the push pull machine and im seeing some people on here saying they got to try everything.. One rule for some and another for others and this waiting game for the reserves is just a pain..5 months and no medical.. And an empty college.. Better off joining the MET or PSNI at this rate

Another week goes by and still no word. I just want to come on and reiterate how full of **** I think they are..

That will be all... Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jamie83

Got called today to attend superintendent interview next week applied back last may hopefully medical will be shortly after

Another week goes by and still no word. I just want to come on and reiterate how full of **** I think they are..

That will be all... Ha

Aye its a circus

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭2016claire

Hey everyone,

Has anyone who did the interview and test in the mid August has been called for medical or anything at all? I did my test & interview then and im still waiting for call

2016claire wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Has anyone who did the interview and test in the mid August has been called for medical or anything at all? I did my test & interview then and im still waiting for call

Well ya I done mine in august I have all meetings and medical done just waiting to be called for training.

• Advertisement

Same as just waiting on medical

I think this was discussed on here before about how the training will be done this time around. Well I found this online, see how it say various locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Rebelkid

Any word on medicals coming soon?

I think this was discussed on here before about how the training will be done this time around. Well I found this online, see how it say various locations.

Yeah idk where you got that but my local Chief Super mentioned somthing briefly about that to me... Would be handy .. And surely free up the college..but even still.. The ball aint rolling ...

Just got my date for my medical....

Just got my date for my medical....

Fair play man. What date did u get ?

1st....in the am

1st....in the am

That’s great man It’s about time their started again hopefully this shows that they are moving quicker with the process and that training dates will be announced soon.

I suppose they need 40ish for a class to make it worth while

• Advertisement

I suppose they need 40ish for a class to make it worth while

Ya that would be plenty hopefully it will be soon I can’t wait like it’s goung to be good. It’s going on a while now they should have them in soon enough like

Advertisement