Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jb969665

gem112 wrote: »
    I suppose they need 40ish for a class to make it worth while

Good to hear you have a date for the medical..I phoned HQ today just to get an update on my Medical and they told me the Reserve section has now moved to Harcourt Street(Community Bureau Section)..I'll call them tomorrow as the office was closed at 4..Has anyone heard of them moving from HQ?Maybe it's a good sign as there's a specific dept now looking after recruitment??

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

Anyone else hear about medicals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Trackerjacker

Unfortunately not.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

Speaking of medicals.. Im exactly on par with the full time and reserves.. Just a medical.. Got an email this morning from HRM for medical for the ful time.. Idk whats going on.. Circus

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

SO7378 wrote: »
    Speaking of medicals.. Im exactly on par with the full time and reserves.. Just a medical.. Got an email this morning from HRM for medical for the ful time.. Idk whats going on.. Circus

Oh really man what date u get ya defo go for the full time one anyways ur better off. Jesus they better have a class of ye reserves in by summer if not they should just forget about it then.

• Advertisement

Did anyone else pass their medical on the 29th of November and waiting to be called for training ?

Hyneser03 wrote: »
    Oh really man what date u get ya defo go for the full time one anyways ur better off. Jesus they better have a class of ye reserves in by summer if not they should just forget about it then.

They gave me the 1st Feb its up in Dublin.. I honestly thought they had copped on a bit and that they would have pushed the reserves like they said they would.. But i dont get it .. Theres no students in the college atm and they are training reserves in stations now and not templemore.. Idk

SO7378 wrote: »
    They gave me the 1st Feb its up in Dublin.. I honestly thought they had copped on a bit and that they would have pushed the reserves like they said they would.. But i dont get it .. Theres no students in the college atm and they are training reserves in stations now and not templemore.. Idk

Ya exactly man it’s so stupid maybe they might get it rolling now fingers crossed

Ya exactly man it’s so stupid maybe they might get it rolling now fingers crossed

Agh they have too... They announced they have the budget for it i suppose itll just take time

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

jb969665 wrote: »
    Good to hear you have a date for the medical..I phoned HQ today just to get an update on my Medical and they told me the Reserve section has now moved to Harcourt Street(Community Bureau Section)..I'll call them tomorrow as the office was closed at 4..Has anyone heard of them moving from HQ?Maybe it's a good sign as there's a specific dept now looking after recruitment??

Did you ring again today......

• Advertisement

I'm still waiting on vetting . I have lost the little bit of hope that I did have.

So slow

Did you ring again today......

Yeah I rang them..There is an office in Harcourt street but that only deals with existing reserves..Transfered me to the wrong office at the time
    So I phoned HQ back and he just said I'm on the list for next round of medicals,whenever that might be..I'd say early Feb, hopefully

Yeah I rang them..There is an office in Harcourt street but that only deals with existing reserves..Transfered me to the wrong office at the time
    So I phoned HQ back and he just said I'm on the list for next round of medicals,whenever that might be..I'd say early Feb, hopefully

I thought someone said the next round was on February 1st

I thought someone said the next round was on February 1st

What do you mean the next round?Just waiting on dates for medicals..No specific date has been given for medicals

What do you mean the next round?Just waiting on dates for medicals..No specific date has been given for medicals

The next medicals for Reserves is on the 1st. Another user said that's the date he got.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

I'm still waiting on local meetings, any idea what the hold up their would be?

vardy98 wrote: »

Laziness

Well guys a friend told me that a fella he knows in cork area has got a date for training for the reserves around Easter time. Has anyone else got dates for training because I’m still waiting?

Hi guys, does anyone no if I email hq would I find out what stage my vetting is at or if it is in my local station yet? Thanks.

Hi guys, does anyone no if I email hq would I find out what stage my vetting is at or if it is in my local station yet? Thanks.

Have u all the other stages done medical and all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kinglong

When did you do your interview I am still waiting since last May

Have u all the other stages done medical and all?[/quote]

I have everything done bar the medical and local station meetings.

When did you do your interview I am still waiting since last May[/quote]

I done my interview back in october

I done my interview back in october[/QUOTE]
    That's not to long ago process can take a long time some horror stories on boards people nearly their and then it all just comes to a stop.

I done my interview back in october[/quote]

I done mine in august I have all stages passed

I done my interview back in october

I done mine in august I have all stages passed[/QUOTE]

Any I idea why in works that way it does'nt make sense I spoke HRM they said it can take that long to do vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jonnymurphy

I done interview for reserves in august still havent heard anything and no medical. I have medical for full time end of feb just wondering could the medical do me for both campaigns if i pass ? thanks

I done interview for reserves in august still havent heard anything and no medical. I have medical for full time end of feb just wondering could the medical do me for both campaigns if i pass ? thanks

I would not think so, it looks like at the way things are done seems to be a line of protocol that has to be followed ie reserves are reserves full time is full time.

So much for the "reserves expecting to start training in 2018" already going in February and still nothing finalized.

• Advertisement

So much for the "reserves expecting to start training in 2018" already going in February and still nothing finalized.

Ya man agreed actually they were suppose to have 300 in last year 2017 so there way behind. If they haven’t got a class going in my May they should just forget about it.

Advertisement