Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

I also read there the numbers of reserves and there is only 634 at the moment which is low

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Trackerjacker

Hyneser03 wrote: »
    I also read there the numbers of reserves and there is only 634 at the moment which is low

It's actually probably lower then that now.

What I can't understand is why they keep saying it and just never doing anything about it. Mid 2014 was the last time Reserve Garda were trained. And since the end of 2015 they have been harping on about doubling the reserve and getting 300 trained a year by 2021.... Just ****ing do it already ...

It's actually probably lower then that now.

What I can't understand is why they keep saying it and just never doing anything about it. Mid 2014 was the last time Reserve Garda were trained. And since the end of 2015 they have been harping on about doubling the reserve and getting 300 trained a year by 2021.... Just ****ing do it already ...
    Agree with you 100 percent as I said if there isint a class gone in by summer this year then they should just forget about it

Agree with you 100 percent as I said if there isint a class gone in by summer this year then they should just forget about it

I'd ring in and ask but I know I'll get the same **** answer

I'd ring in and ask but I know I'll get the same **** answer

Ya I might give them a ring this week and see

• Advertisement

Ya I might give them a ring this week and see

Lets us know how ya get on.

It's scary how quiet it is on here.... No movement as usual I take it.. anyone get medical dates or training dates ?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

It's scary how quiet it is on here.... No movement as usual I take it.. anyone get medical dates or training dates ?

No, I was just thinking the same today, I'm still waiting for station interviews and medical. How long would vetting take on average?

Well no I have all stages done just waiting for training dates. Have u all done to? Ya a few people have said they got medical dates for February so wondering how they got on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

Had the medical the other day....All went well except BMI have 3months to grow a foot or loose 1 1/2 stone.....so I'm on hold till then......so it's off to get my legs lengthened 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Advertisement

vardy98 wrote: »
    No, I was just thinking the same today, I'm still waiting for station interviews and medical. How long would vetting take on average?

Anywhere from 2 months ta 2 years . Depends on if they pull there finger out and actually get your file done.

Well no I have all stages done just waiting for training dates. Have u all done to? Ya a few people have said they got medical dates for February so wondering how they got on ?

Still waiting on a medical...

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

Ive kinda given up at this stage ... Been waiting on Medical for 6 months almost now.. And within that space of time ive completed stage 3 and stage 4 successfully for the full time and ive also been to an open day at the college. . and now have my physical date.. So whats the point. Muppet show.

SO7378 wrote: »
    Ive kinda given up at this stage ... Been waiting on Medical for 6 months almost now.. And within that space of time ive completed stage 3 and stage 4 successfully for the full time and ive also been to an open day at the college. . and now have my physical date.. So whats the point. Muppet show.

Same here, just the same **** different day with them in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

gem112 wrote: »
    Had the medical the other day....All went well except BMI have 3months to grow a foot or loose 1 1/2 stone.....so I'm on hold till then......so it's off to get my legs lengthened 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass due to the BMI,but just work hard and get it down.it can be done.Were there any others there for Reserve medical the day you were there?Still waiting on vetting to clear here.Very frustrating,as this will be 4th time to get vetted over the years.I must be the most vetted person in Ireland.Really think that the small number of us who made it to training back in 2015 have had a raw deal by making us go through the whole process again.

It's aload of ****ing **** this recruitment. And what really pisses me off is when I read or hear TDs saying " Due to start training soon" they have been saying that for 2 years. The last day I seen a video and it was like join the GR before ya do full time!!! I feel like saying what are ya ****ing talking about ya gob****es sure aren't we all here ****ing waiting on ye lazy bastards to pull your finger out and get us training.

It's aload of ****ing **** this recruitment. And what really pisses me off is when I read or hear TDs saying " Due to start training soon" they have been saying that for 2 years. The last day I seen a video and it was like join the GR before ya do full time!!! I feel like saying what are ya ****ing talking about ya gob****es sure aren't we all here ****ing waiting on ye lazy bastards to pull your finger out and get us training.

Couldn’t agree more man my friend is in the full time process and she is getting dates for stages very quickly and I’m just waiting here to get a date to start training like.

I rang HQ today and they said mine just has to be signed of by a superior officer and I’m good to go so why isint there more people the same ?

Anybody no a email address I could email to find out about my vetting to see what's the story? Thanks.

Anybody no a email address I could email to find out about my vetting to see what's the story? Thanks.

They won't reply ... Trust me on that. You will have to ring them. I rang recently and they just said there is still outstanding vetting on my application. I also ask if there was any dates set for more medicals/training and they just they didn't no. The recruitment process is a joke... They don't care.

• Advertisement

They won't reply ... Trust me on that. You will have to ring them. I rang recently and they just said there is still outstanding vetting on my application. I also ask if there was any dates set for more medicals/training and they just they didn't no. The recruitment process is a joke... They don't care.

OK thanks for that, I'll try giving them a ring next week.

Anyone here anything about more medicals or training.? Very quiet on here these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 issagenius88

Anyone here anything about more medicals or training.? Very quiet on here these days.

Waiting for the same here — Did my interview last July

Waiting for the same here — Did my interview last July

Have you done your sergeant & inspector meetings yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Rebelkid

I'm waiting on medical too have all my meetings done thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

They seam to be doing the full time medical before they do there station interview.....

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kinglong

I am still waiting since May interviews to see local sgt.

kinglong wrote: »
    I am still waiting since May interviews to see local sgt.

It's moving ridiculously slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kinglong

It's moving ridiculously slow.
    What stage are you at.

• Advertisement

kinglong wrote: »
    What stage are you at.

I'm waiting on a medical.

Advertisement