Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kinglong

I'm waiting on a medical.
    Your way ahead of me FFS it's like the slow boat to China.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Trackerjacker

kinglong wrote: »
    Your way ahead of me FFS it's like the slow boat to China.

Ahhh stop it's madness. Like there is no timeline on when training will be. Was watching a dail debate about the decrease in Garda numbers in Dublin and they stated that the Reserve has just completely collapsed , if they know they why the **** are they not doing anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kinglong

Ahhh stop it's madness. Like there is no timeline on when training will be. Was watching a dail debate about the decrease in Garda numbers in Dublin and they stated that the Reserve has just completely collapsed , if they know they why the **** are they not doing anything about it.[/QUOTEHave you heard of many waiting since May.

[/QUOTEHave you heard of many waiting since May.[/quote]

I haven't heard much of anything when it come to this recruitment tbh. I think one or two other on this are in the same position.

Any news anyone ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

Any news anyone ???

NOPE.Not a thing.

donman wrote: »
    NOPE.Not a thing.

I thought as much 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ahan83

donman wrote: »
    NOPE.Not a thing.

I've interview with the local super tomorrow. Any advice???? How Did the rest of u get on with interviews?

Would ye work in this weather if ye where Reserve Gardai now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

I would ya anyway I could help particularly in this weather when they are under resourced. This is why they need more recruited

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

Hmmm lets get trained first

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

SO7378 wrote: »
    Hmmm lets get trained first

Now there’s a positive comment but yes I would.For Leo and Country.I’m sure they’d really appreciate it,lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Panjandrums

This post has been deleted.

It's actually lower , here is a more recent post from Kildare street. There is 589.

https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2018-01-30a.655

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

It's actually lower , here is a more recent post from Kildare street. There is 589.

https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2018-01-30a.655

That’s ridiculous says there that expected reserves in early 2018 I don’t see any gone in yet

Hyneser03 wrote: »
    That’s ridiculous says there that expected reserves in early 2018 I don’t see any gone in yet

The word "early" was removed in the most recent posts by the minister. Take a look.

https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2018-02-27a.700&s=Garda+reserve#g704.r

In this you tube video about Garda numbers in Dublin city he states that Garda Reserve numbers have "completely collapsed"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=135s&v=Hjcl23Jfimo

It's now March with no more medical dates given out and not even a rough idea about training so I can't see anyone getting training soon. Hopefully something happens for End of May or June.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

Medicals and background checks expire after 6 months so those people who did medicals last year keep it in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭rookie1470

Anyone with a PSA license successfully gain entry to GR?? Whats the procedure for handing back PSA license??

Cedric87 wrote: »
    Medicals and background checks expire after 6 months so those people who did medicals last year keep it in mind.

How are you getting on with the process Cedric87?

rookie1470 wrote: »
    Anyone with a PSA license successfully gain entry to GR?? Whats the procedure for handing back PSA license??

Handed mine back in 2015 when I thought I was getting training. Just send it in a letter saying you have joined the Guards.

• Advertisement

Handed mine back in 2015 when I thought I was getting training. Just send it in a letter saying you have joined the Guards.

Cheers, If you didn't hand it back would An Garda Siochana do??what would happen I wonder??

Any news anyone ???

I completed everything about 2 years ago and once full time recruitment started. Only 2 weeks ago I go email from GR asking if I was interested in continuing with my application I was to resubmit my BR form again which I did.

Cheers, If you didn't hand it back would An Garda Siochana do??what would happen I wonder??

Not sure what would happen tbh man. Like ya can chance it but if your caught it doesn't look good.

I completed everything about 2 years ago and once full time recruitment started. Only 2 weeks ago I go email from GR asking if I was interested in continuing with my application I was to resubmit my BR form again which I did.

They where fairly slow asking ya did ya want to continue . I got asked when they announced the recruitment last year. Can't see anything happening now till the summer.

Not sure what would happen tbh man. Like ya can chance it but if your caught it doesn't look good.

Its just a pain handing it back then things don't work out and having to reapply to PSA to get license back. Do you know of anyone who got GR and didnt hand their PSA license back??

They where fairly slow asking ya did ya want to continue . I got asked when they announced the recruitment last year. Can't see anything happening now till the summer.

Yip always was and will be a slow process.

Its just a pain handing it back then things don't work out and having to reapply to PSA to get license back. Do you know of anyone who got GR and didnt hand their PSA license back??

I don't unfortunately, but I tell ya one thing don't hand it back tell ya get training and that could be a long time yet so worry about it then. I handed mine back when I got medical in 2015, I was fairly sickened when training got cancelled and was left with no PSA license .

Yip always was and will be a slow process.

5 years in the process this March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

5 years in the process this March.

No movement haven't even had local meetings. Waiting on a call to head in to meet the Sargent.

Advertisement