Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

2016claire wrote: »
    Hi All, I did my stage 2 since august 2017 and i haven't heard anything. anyone else same as me ? any advice of what should i do? Thanks

I believe after stage 2,if everything is all good,then your file is passed to appointments.I’d ring PAS for an update.That way you’ll know for sure or you could ring Appointments and if they have your file,then again,you can get an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Rebelkid

Finally got called for medical end of May. Anyone else here get an update?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kikimull

Rebelkid wrote: »
    Finally got called for medical end of May. Anyone else here get an update?

Oh realy. Congrats . Im still waiting for mine. I havnt heard anything since the email that i passed my interview and to await for garda vetting and a medical. Im place 6 in wicklpw. Where are u based

Kikimull wrote: »
    Oh realy. Congrats . Im still waiting for mine. I havnt heard anything since the email that i passed my interview and to await for garda vetting and a medical. Im place 6 in wicklpw. Where are u based

Cork, have you your local meetings done with the sergeant and super?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 KimsMom

Hi folks,

Public jobs has just posted a new ad for full time Garda recruitment. I wonder will these guys get through the process before us lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Trackerjacker

KimsMom wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Public jobs has just posted a new ad for full time Garda recruitment. I wonder will these guys get through the process before us lol

Most definitely. Haha I honestly can't see there being a class of Garda Reserves this year again. Tbh I'd say they will keep putting it of until they are made do it. And that could be ages away.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

Most definitely. Haha I honestly can't see there being a class of Garda Reserves this year again. Tbh I'd say they will keep putting it of until they are made do it. And that could be ages away.

Ur right man I can’t understand like they need 2000 by 2021 so they will need to have them in bybthis summer to get the bell rolling like.

Hyneser03 wrote: »
    Ur right man I can’t understand like they need 2000 by 2021 so they will need to have them in bybthis summer to get the bell rolling like.

The government said they would like 2000 by 2021 but AGS don't want GR at all. Because if they did they would just recuirt them. Well they usually have to give people 2-3 months notice before starting a class because of making sure people can get work off. Were nearly in June. Could possibly be September or November if one does happen. I'd be less surprised to here they disbanded the Garda Reserve then recuirted more.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

It's a bit disheartening a year later and still nothing!! Fair play to you 2014 lads for your patience. Wish I wasn't too old for the fulltime.

It's a bit disheartening a year later and still nothing!! Fair play to you 2014 lads for your patience. Wish I wasn't too old for the fulltime.

I've actually been in the Recruitment for the GR since the beginning of 2013 haha Ya I have gave up on the GR now. Full-time is the only way to get in these days. But they will still be making ya wait years .I have a friend waiting 2 years.

• Advertisement

Its actually amazing not one class has been organized yet. Love to know why they bothered doing that recruitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

I applied for the full time the same as the reserves and ive everything done, just waiting to be signed off, yet i havent even got a medical for the reserves, what a circus show.

SO7378 wrote: »
    I applied for the full time the same as the reserves and ive everything done, just waiting to be signed off, yet i havent even got a medical for the reserves, what a circus show.

I officially gave up yesterday... To long waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Tommy_utd16

The numbers are way down for the full time and it's a priority at the moment. No disrespect to the reserves but they need to be accompanied by a full time member so it wouldn't be the right time to recruit reserves, even if they did those reserves would find themselves sitting in stations with no one to go on the beat with in most stations. I don't mean that in a bad way but when the numbers are up then reserves will be recruited in high number - just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 11 issagenius88

Got a phone call to meet local Sergeant after a year of waiting, went well after 15 min chat with him

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Hi, I have my meeting with the seargent tomorrow, what should i wear, shirt and trousers? And what should I expect to be asked? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 issagenius88

vardy98 wrote: »
    Hi, I have my meeting with the seargent tomorrow, what should i wear, shirt and trousers? And what should I expect to be asked? Thanks.

I had my meeting last week and was in casual wear, just a pair of jeans and tshirt .

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Crusher82

Hi what way did the meeting go ??? What way u dress after ??

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Hi what way did the meeting go ??? What way u dress after ??[/quote]

Went really well thanks, met bother seargent and superintendent todayou, so they said they will approve my application so only have to wait for a medical date now. I wore a shirt and trousers.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Crusher82

Hi what way did the meeting go ??? What way u dress after ??

Went really well thanks, met bother seargent and superintendent todayou, so they said they will approve my application so only have to wait for a medical date now. I wore a shirt and trousers.[/quote]

Well done hopefully I'll have mine soon ...I think they really need to get moving or people will b dropping out by the new time ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

Passed the medical resit this am.... all good to go...

gem112 wrote: »
    Passed the medical resit this am.... all good to go...
    Brilliant news gem112.Congratulations.Were there any others there today for their Reserve Medical?

There was deffinalty one other

5 full time and 2 reserve at 0930....more people coming in at 11 when I was leaving

I passed my medical aswell at the end of May, 1 other reserve in there with me. Must be close to enough numbers now to make a class?

Was talking to a Dublin super.... he said he has interviewed at least 12 in the last 6 months.... he said he most of his reserves have gone to the full time... and they will be taking a class this year

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jb969665

I am directed by the Minister for Justice and Equality, Charlie Flanagan
    T.D., to refer to your correspondence dated 24 January 2018 regarding your
    application to be a Garda Reserve.

Reserve members make a very valuable contribution to the communities they
    serve throughout the country and I would like to take this opportunity to
    thank you for your interest in joining their numbers.

The "Programme for a Partnership Government" includes a commitment to
    double the Garda Reserve to act in a supportive role undertaking local
    patrols and crime reduction measures. In line with this, the Government has
    in place a plan to achieve a Reserve strength of 2,000 by 2021.

The recruitment process for the Garda Reserve is governed by the Garda
    Síochána (Reserve Members) Regulations 2006. The Public Appointments
    Service (PAS), on behalf of the Garda Commissioner, manages the initial
    stages of the process with the final stages being managed by the Garda
    Commissioner. The Minister has no direct involvement in the matter. With
    the plan to reach 15,000 Garda members well on track, it was possible for
    the Commissioner and the PAS to undertake a new recruitment campaign for
    Garda Reserves last March. That competition attracted 2,394 applicants of
    whom 498 successfully completed the initial stages carried out by PAS.

The time frame for completing the final stages can vary due to a number of
    factors. These include the length of the vetting process which may, for
    example, be more time consuming if the applicant has resided abroad.
    Positions for training to become a member of the Reserve are only offered
    when all stages of the application process are completed. There is also, of
    course, a need to ensure there are sufficient candidates for a class to
    enter training in the Garda College. It is expected that the first class
    from the current competition will commence training in the coming months.

In conjunction with the major expansion of the Reserve over the next number
    of years, we must ensure that it is used to optimum effect to support
    effective policing. To inform future decisions around the use of the
    Reserve, An Garda Síochána is conducting a strategic review as a matter of
    priority with a view to completion in the first half of the year as set out
    in the Policing Plan 2018.

As a first step, the Garda Executive has taken a decision to transfer the
    management of the Reserve to the Assistant Commissioner with responsibility
    for Community Engagement. This is intended to ensure that its development
    and deployment is viewed more broadly through a community policing lens.
    This is a very welcome step as it is my strong view that the greatest
    dividend to be gained from the Reserve is in terms of a visible presence on
    the ground and engaging with local communities.

I would like to wish you well in your future endeavours.

Intresting reading

Is there many in here that have done their medicals......

• Advertisement

gem112 wrote: »
    Is there many in here that have done their medicals......

Did mine at the end of April.

Advertisement