Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

There has to be more then just the 2 of us

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

gem112 wrote: »

Ah yeah,of course there is.The day I was down there were 3 others who were at reception waiting(1 for Reserves & 2 for Fulltime).I asked them if any of them were on Boards.They never heard of it,lol,so there could be plenty out there already done but not on here.

Very true..... i know of 1 lad in cork who has passed the medical....

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kikimull

Passed my interview and place number 6 in wicklow. Completed all forms and sent them back and iv heard nothing. Rang phoneix park just after xmas and was told my application was still pending and looked ok. Have heard nothing since. No phone call from local skipper or anything. Is there anything more i can do as i see a few people on this getting there medicals etc etc ?

Kikimull wrote: »
    Passed my interview and place number 6 in wicklow. Completed all forms and sent them back and iv heard nothing. Rang phoneix park just after xmas and was told my application was still pending and looked ok. Have heard nothing since. No phone call from local skipper or anything. Is there anything more i can do as i see a few people on this getting there medicals etc etc ?
    Yes there is a couple of things.Ring HR again and ask for an update on your application and ask has your form been sent to your local station as you haven’t been called for a local interview yet.See what they say first and ask should you contact your local station or can they do it.If they do it,then great.If you get no advice other than your vetting is still ongoing,then contact your local station or call into them,explain your waiting on local interviews.They should be able to check is your form with them.Your local interviews are part of your vetting and until your local station returns they’re report and your form,then your application won’t progress.Hopefully this helps.Good luck and keep us posted or pm me anytime.The info helps for those in a similar situation as the process is very frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Malman

Passed medical last January.. At least 5 more on the day for reserve. No news since

They must be waiting till they have enough for a class.... will ring HR on monday and see what they say....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

They must be waiting till they have enough for a class.... will ring HR on monday and see what they say....

Might be waiting on getting a class of 200 or something , more value for money if they get a heap trained at weekends over 5wks/ however long it takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kinglong

When did you do your interview Public Appointments

donman wrote: »
    Yes there is a couple of things.Ring HR again and ask for an update on your application and ask has your form been sent to your local station as you haven’t been called for a local interview yet.See what they say first and ask should you contact your local station or can they do it.If they do it,then great.If you get no advice other than your vetting is still ongoing,then contact your local station or call into them,explain your waiting on local interviews.They should be able to check is your form with them.Your local interviews are part of your vetting and until your local station returns they’re report and your form,then your application won’t progress.Hopefully this helps.Good luck and keep us posted or pm me anytime.The info helps for those in a similar situation as the process is very frustrating.

Just got a call today from local skipper believe it or not. Have a meeting with him tuesday. Anybody got any tips of questions he will asl etc etc. Formal dress or??

• Advertisement

Just got a call today from local skipper believe it or not. Have a meeting with him tuesday. Anybody got any tips of questions he will asl etc etc. Formal dress or??

Brilliant news.Well,basically it will revolve around what you have on your form.Probably ask you about work,any voluntary work or community work you if you have that on your form.Why you want to join etc etc.Pretty informal with the sergeant whereas the Super/Inspector is a bit more formal but informal at the same time,if you get my meaning.Its not too bad but sergeant will most likely have contacted your references before meeting you.Mine did anyway.Dress wise is casual,but you can wear a suit if you wish.I wore black trousers,white shirt and black jacket on my meetings.Best of luck on Tuesday.

Best of luck

I wonder if this new commissioner will have any impact on the recruitment of the reserves

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Rebelkid

Anyone contact HR recently for a update?

Rebelkid wrote: »
    Anyone contact HR recently for a update?

I contacted them about 3 weeks ago and was told that ‘’a class intake was currently under discussion for successful applicants’’.It’s just a waiting game unfortunately for us who are waiting with everything done.

Rang HRM today was told they are waiting till they have sufficient numbers who have passed vetting/medical and then a class will be formed....

• Registered Users Posts: 19 KimsMom

Do we know how many are usually in a class? I’ve passed my medical since April and all my vetting. When I rang for an update I was told my application was on the list for final approval from the board - whatever that means :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭2016claire

KimsMom wrote: »
    Do we know how many are usually in a class? I’ve passed my medical since April and all my vetting. When I rang for an update I was told my application was on the list for final approval from the board - whatever that means :)
    what number did ye contact them, thanks

Human Resources in the Phoenix Park, screenshot below

• Advertisement

From talking to some reserves 40/50..... HRM also said it wont be before September

KimsMom wrote: »

That sounds strange.Normally once your vetting is complete you get signed off and then go for your medical,which then means it’s just a matter of getting called for training.You should ask them,what they mean by that,if you’ve previously been told your vetting is complete and that you had been signed off.

That sounds strange.Normally once your vetting is complete you get signed off and then go for your medical,which then means it’s just a matter of getting called for training.You should ask them,what they mean by that,if you’ve previously been told your vetting is complete and that you had been signed off.

To be honest, I think they have a standard few lines they just use when you ring them, but I will ring them again.

Think your right....

Did anyone else get an email about a dedicated email address for reserve queries

Only got it there in the last hour or so

Nope, only one I have is a general address from the email for my medical

Did anyone else get an email about a dedicated email address for reserve queries

Only got it there in the last hour or so

Yep,got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

Yep,got it.

I did ya it would be more convenient if they got training dates ready instead of an email address. It’s not like they will reply

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Malman

Got it also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Got it here too.

Advertisement