Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭2016claire

Got it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jwin6

I had an interview with a super a few months ago and haven't heard anything since. what's the normal after the interview? Are you told it went ok or are you just invited for a medical? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

I was told there and then by the inspector that he was recommending my application..... got the medical about 3months after that
    How did your interview go

Has everyone who got the email done the medical

Jwin what other questions did he ask

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

I got the email and I havn't done the medical yet.

Has anyone e-mailed them yet

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

gem112 wrote: »
    Has anyone e-mailed them yet

Well ya I did they said it was at the final stage waiting in senior approval and also they will be meeting with Garda college soon to discuss dates for training. They are actually very good with quick replies so maybe this is a good start.

Thats the same response i got when i rang last week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Anyone any idea how much notice we would get for the training? I'm just trying to figure out wether I should provisionally put in for leave for September or am I being hugely optimistic 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 KimsMom

Hyneser03 wrote: »
    Well ya I did they said it was at the final stage waiting in senior approval and also they will be meeting with Garda college soon to discuss dates for training. They are actually very good with quick replies so maybe this is a good start.

That’s what they said to me when I rang also - awaiting final approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

KimsMom wrote: »
    That’s what they said to me when I rang also - awaiting final approval.

Oh really then hopefully it’s true and they will be getting a class in before September. There has to be 40 of us at This stage. Does anyone know what way the training is done this time is it weekends or like week days ?

Was told it wont be before September....

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bazm00re

I must be the last person in the process that has yet to even sit the interview in the local station. Did an interview in September in Dublin and apart from them calling me to resend my BR form I have heard nothing. Got an email and replied asking about an indication as to when I might expect to go forward to the next stage and I was just told that I was in the middle of being processed and no idea when I might go to interview. I don’t know whether to keep aside holiday days from work or not until next year! Well, I suppose it’s not as if it is a voluntary position.........oh wait!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Bazm00re wrote: »
    I must be the last person in the process that has yet to even sit the interview in the local station. Did an interview in September in Dublin and apart from them calling me to resend my BR form I have heard nothing. Got an email and replied asking about an indication as to when I might expect to go forward to the next stage and I was just told that I was in the middle of being processed and no idea when I might go to interview. I don’t know whether to keep aside holiday days from work or not until next year! Well, I suppose it’s not as if it is a voluntary position.........oh wait!!

I'm even further back. Did my interview around May 2017 if I recall, passed in July and was asked for some more detail on my BR form at the time. Got an email in May this year after 10 months looking for even more info on my BR form. I can only dream of a station interview at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭2016claire

Im same i did my interview nearly year ago and i did contact them few times to see if any update and they reply "your file is awaiting completion of vetting checks. Once a decision is reached regarding your suitability you will be notified accordingly".

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Willm5499

I had my meeting with local sergeant at the start of May, everything went great. About two weeks later I got a call to meet the Superintendent on 7th June. That was the last I've heard. I rang HR in the HQ on Wednesday gone & the gaurd was very obliging & told me my application is still active & not be worrying as it does take time. Im just assuming they are waiting to have a group at the same stage to send them off together??

You should get a date for medical in the next few week's

Did you get yours yet ?

Ive done everything.... awaiting to be given a training date fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Rebelkid

Emailed the new reserve email inquiring about training dates and a timeline to see if the response was going to be similar to above, they said that training dates is under discussion with the Garda College which might mean something could happen soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭rookie1470

Got a date later this month for medical, did it before about 2-3 yearsagoandwas just waiting on call to training but because of full time intake this was postponed. I had to fill out BR form again and another medical. Best of luck to everyone going forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

rookie1470 wrote: »
    Got a date later this month for medical, did it before about 2-3 yearsagoandwas just waiting on call to training but because of full time intake this was postponed. I had to fill out BR form again and another medical. Best of luck to everyone going forward

Good luck in the medical.Its the same format as Back a few years ago,so nothing to worry about.Keep us posted.They’re bound to have a decent number through at this stage.

Anyone heard anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

Anyone heard anything

No nothing.I’ll be surprised if we hear anything before September.With the new Commission report due September & New Commissioner taking over September,I honestly believe there won’t be any word until after that.

That suits me....

Anyone else have medical yet

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Anyone else have medical yet

No nothing.

I spoke to a friend of mine in HQ earlier today & he was telling me there is a lot of talk about a big intake in Sept/Oct. I would like to know what way its being structured this year i.e two full weeks of training or the five weekends ??? hopefully its the two full weeks & we can get stationed and settled before Christmas.

• Advertisement

Intresting

Advertisement