Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

The two weeks would suit me as well.... but with the amount of full time in the college id be surprised if there is room

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

Tahts good news hopefully it’s true and we will be starting in September. It’s hard to know I say it will be done over the weekends cause of the full timers in the college at the moment.
    Getting excited now it’s about time like

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

Id say thats fairly accurate, ive just been signed off for full time and the chief that signed me off was in contact with HQ and they have said they are lining me up for October 2018 providing everything is in order so there must be another intake.

SO7378 wrote: »
    Id say thats fairly accurate, ive just been signed off for full time and the chief that signed me off was in contact with HQ and they have said they are lining me up for October 2018 providing everything is in order so there must be another intake.

Well man well done on that oh and was there any word about an intake for the reserves I hope it’s October to

Sent an email to see if i could get any more info got the standard they are waiting for training dates but when they do get them the will give us about a months notice....

• Advertisement

Well guys Jesus it better be happening in like September or October or else they can just forget about it. I was at the races in Galway during the week and their was a few reserves there on duty I was chatting to them and they said that they loved it. Also that they needed more reserves in Galway they basically need them all over the country so they would want to get a move on.

Amyone else hear anything

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Malman

gem112 wrote: »
    Amyone else hear anything

Not a word. Have you?

No.... last i hears was my file was with senior management and they are awaiting training dates from the college

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Willm5499

I rang the district office today in Blanchardstown where I had my last interview with the Super Intendant on 7th June. The girl that deals with the applications rang me back with an update to say my application is now with the Chief Superintendent & pending.... I can only think that is a good sign because if they didn't want to persue any of us a quick phone call from them and that would be the end. Let's just all stay positive and look forward to getting down to the college & passing through...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 limerick53

hi all, hot another email yesterday looking for mire info from BR form I.e uncles /grandparents d.o.b.. some of this I have not been able to get,did the usual asking family ,geneolgy online research ,no luck et ,they have asked me this info before,told them I am at a standstill..but again they require,anyone have similar problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bazm00re

limerick53 wrote: »
    hi all, hot another email yesterday looking for mire info from BR form I.e uncles /grandparents d.o.b.. some of this I have not been able to get,did the usual asking family ,geneolgy online research ,no luck et ,they have asked me this info before,told them I am at a standstill..but again they require,anyone have similar problem?

I had a similar problem, paternal aunts and uncles all dead and my father too, so no body that would have the information, I did call the local parish office where I knew the family home was and the priest and his secretary were very helpful, dates from first decade of last century! But was by far the best source of these dates after searching geanology sites and family tree sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 KimsMom

If you’re in Dublin you can go to the General Register Office on Werburgh Street, https://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/GRO_Research.aspx
    You can research all the births and deaths of your family there. You’ll need to know your parents date of birth & work your way back & there’s a charge of €20 I think for unlimited searches but it’s really interesting & you never know what you’ll find.i think there’s a similar facility in Tipperary town also.

hi all thanks for the suggestions etc,have limited days to get them,living in kilkenny,has to be back friday etc... just wondering after all the searches would they accept application without some dates etc, some relatives lived in uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

hi all thanks for the suggestions etc,have limited days to get them,living in kilkenny,has to be back friday etc... just wondering after all the searches would they accept application without some dates etc, some relatives lived in uk.

Hi Limerick53,not 100% sure.I had sent mine back but had forgot to add 2 dates for Grandparents.I was lucky in that I did have the info,but got an email from HR,saying while they understood it was difficult to obtain the information as it was some time ago,that they really did require the information for my application to proceed.Once i had forwarded on the additional info,my application proceeded with no problems.Have you had any success in finding out the info?

hi donman..no ,have paid subscriptions to geneolgy sites etc,contacted family members etc,some relatives unknown to us,I.e left ireland and moced to uk and no contact since ,etc so proving difficult, I returned form today as it was the closing date,explained situation..but this is the 3rd time they required this info... surely they should understand this

hi donman..no ,have paid subscriptions to geneolgy sites etc,contacted family members etc,some relatives unknown to us,I.e left ireland and moced to uk and no contact since ,etc so proving difficult, I returned form today as it was the closing date,explained situation..but this is the 3rd time they required this info... surely they should understand this

That’s very frustrating limerick53,as if the process itself isn’t frustrating enough.I don’t really know what their response will be but if they keep coming back requesting the same info,then it only keeps delaying you moving forward.Have you maybe tried posting in the Fulltime section of Boards?Definately more people on there than here that may be able to help or point ye in the right direction.Back on 2012,we didn’t need that info .This info is a new addition.I hope ye get sorted,because it’s extremely frustrating.

Hyneser03 wrote: »
    Well guys Jesus it better be happening in like September or October or else they can just forget about it. I was at the races in Galway during the week and their was a few reserves there on duty I was chatting to them and they said that they loved it. Also that they needed more reserves in Galway they basically need them all over the country so they would want to get a move on.

Can’t copy the link to post here,but in The Times this morning,Charlie Flanagan has made a very positive statement on Reserve Recruitment.Just need to see action now on the back of his statement.

donman wrote: »
    Can’t copy the link to post here,but in The Times this morning,Charlie Flanagan has made a very positive statement on Reserve Recruitment.Just need to see action now on the back of his statement.

Well man is it in the Irish times is there anywhere we can see it what did he say ?

Well man is it in the Irish times is there anywhere we can see it what did he say ?

If you Google Garda Reserve and under news,you’ll find it there lad.

• Advertisement

If you Google Garda Reserve and under news,you’ll find it there lad.

Just read it there man hope that means getting a class in by October this year like they are hardly going to wait till next year

Can u post the txt here

Can u post the txt here

Charlie Flanagan, the justice minister, has promised to quadruple membership of the garda reserve over the next three years and to increase use of the auxiliary force on Irish streets.

He also plans to double the number of civilian garda staff to 4,000 by 2021, and to use civilian recruitment to increase the capacity of the force to tackle white-collar and high-tech crime.

By the end of 2021, he predicts, the total garda workforce will stand at 21,000, with 15,000 police officers, 4,000 civilian members and 2,000 reservists.

The minister said he was disappointed with how the state had utilised the garda reserve over the past decade and planned to change this.

“I believe there is a really important role and function for a complement of reservists that will assist the gardai in the performance of their duty,” he said.

“I am thinking particularly of crowd control. We see it at major concerts, the extra security that is required at big sporting events and the need to ensure the protection of people who are going to these events.

“Garda reservists can play a huge role in that regard, working side by side with An Garda Siochana, so I want to see that beefed up, and the civilian staff numbers doubled. The greatest call I hear from people is for [police] availability and visibility, so I want gardai on the front line doing the work they are trained to do.”

Flanagan acknowledged there were skills gaps in the force and said auditing and accounting needs could often be best met by civilians.

He will seek an early meeting with Drew Harris, the incoming garda commissioner, next month to discuss the increased recruitment and deployment of reservists and civilians in the force.

Department of Justice figures released last month showed that the reserve numbers have fallen considerably since their peak in 2013, from 1,156 to just 558 at the end of May.

Flanagan has told the Dail that a decision was taken to replenish the garda ranks after the public sector recruitment embargo was lifted in 2014 and, as part of that process, 276 serving reserves had successfully applied to become trainee gardai.

“Garda numbers are on track to reach 14,000 by the end of 2018,” added the minister.

“Taking account of projected retirements, reaching a strength of 15,000 by 2021 will require some 1,600 more garda members to be recruited on a phased basis over the next two years.”

@sob999

Just read it there man hope that means getting a class in by October this year like they are hardly going to wait till next year

I’ll go out on a limb here,October (Maybe),but reckon November is more likely if they can get things sorted.

I’ll go out on a limb here,October (Maybe),but reckon November is more likely if they can get things sorted.

Well ya November I don’t mind as long as it’s going to be in 2018 and not 2019 cause we are waiting way to long now like

Thanks for that.....Bit of luck they gey moving soon.... anyone know when the new commissioner is starting

There must be the guts of a class by now

Thanks for that.....Bit of luck they gey moving soon.... anyone know when the new commissioner is starting

He takes up the post in September plus the Police Commission report is due September also.Thats kinda why I don’t see us hearing anything until after that,but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

I hate the thought that we are so close but so far away. I wish they'd at least give us a bit of detail around training as I'm worried I won't be able to get the time off, especially if it's over a few weekends.

• Advertisement

Dose anyone have job spec from public jobs... i think the training sheudle is outlined in it....thought i had it but cant find it

Advertisement