Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

gem112 wrote: »
    I know.... so frustrating..

Going by Fulltime section on boards,they’re under pressure to fill October intake,Think it was similar for the last intake if I remember correctly.Going by that,I can’t understand why they can’t allocate a Reserve intake,as I’m sure by now,there are 200 ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

There has to be at least 50 of us by now

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Tommy_utd16

donman wrote: »
    Going by Fulltime section on boards,they’re under pressure to fill October intake,Think it was similar for the last intake if I remember correctly.Going by that,I can’t understand why they can’t allocate a Reserve intake,as I’m sure by now,there are 200 ready to go.

I would say there is a few things a play, if it's like the original reserve training program, they also need to organise CPD staff to do phase 2 classes weekly at divisional training stations, so there would be a lot of organising staff and locations for this. also they are busy doing these classes with full time probationers.

The other side of this is that they are trying to push through more full time recruits which are needed. Speaking from experience if there is not enough gardai for reserves, you will just be left sitting on stations waiting and hoping to do proper work during your shift. So the more classes going through the better for reserves,

just my opinion

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=891908311006308&id=137576076262825

Garda commissioner meeting the police athorty.... reserve get a mention at approx 49min and 1hr20min

Meeting about the reserves on the 10th of October

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=891908311006308&id=137576076262825

Garda commissioner meeting the police athorty.... reserve get a mention at approx 49min and 1hr20min

Meeting about the reserves on the 10th of October

Really hard to know what is going to happen.

• Advertisement

At least we know they are talking about us lol

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭howsitgoingboy

has everybody on here done their medical yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

has everybody on here done their medical yet?

No I havn't unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭howsitgoingboy

vardy98 wrote: »
    No I havn't unfortunately.

oh sorry about that, i wish i could five you some info but im sure you know yourself what its like..out of curiosity did you apply for AGS as a full time member?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

Is it tomorrow or Wednesday that they are meeting about the reserves?

• Advertisement

Wednesday i believe...... hope to hear something soon......all the new sergeant should be in there new jobs by next week.... that might free up some for training/supervising

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Wednesday i believe...... hope to hear something soon......all the new sergeant should be in there new jobs by next week.... that might free up some for training/supervising

Meeting to pause recruitment? (As per recommendations in recent reports)

I believe its a strategy meeting... how to best deploy resources....i dont think they will scrap this panel as they will not want to loose the budget asigned to the reserve........they need to stay on track for the program for government of 2000 reserves by 2021.
    That recent report is only a recommendation......

I believe its a strategy meeting... how to best deploy resources....i dont think they will scrap this panel as they will not want to loose the budget asigned to the reserve........they need to stay on track for the program for government of 2000 reserves by 2021.
    That recent report is only a recommendation......

Is meeting solely ref reserve or a general strategy meeting? Any further details? Thanks

Im led to believe that it about the reserves

I hope it’s going to be good news and that the training will be starting in November

Im led to believe that it about the reserves

Bit vague ..

Peppa look at the video futher back its said in the meeting with the policing athorty

Peppa look at the video futher back its said in the meeting with the policing athorty

Couldn’t see that video. If your referring to PA meets they have taken place.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Crusher82

Was just listening to the budget and no mention of garda reserve when he was announcing funding for garda maybe I'm wrong but it's a poor outlook .....

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Malman

STAY POSITIVE EVEYONE!! I just came across this from 3rd of Oct. From minister flanagan
    I have been informed by the Garda authorities that all essential policing operations, such as Operation Thor, will continue as before.

“I should also take the opportunity to remind that Garda overtime cannot be considered in isolation: we are making tangible progress on achieving the Government’s vision of an overall Garda workforce of 21,000 personnel by 2021 comprising 15,000 Garda members, 2,000 Reserve members and 4,000 civilians.

“I am satisfied that Garda management is acutely aware of the need to utilise the resources being made available to them in the most efficient and effective manner to ensure high visibility policing in our

Does anyone have any word about it today I wonder when where they meeting

• Registered Users Posts: 23 limerick53

no idea when meeting might be...still in the BR form stage..my application is still in progress.. they still looking for outstanding dates re family members 1 yr later..cant provide so God only knows if I will move to next stage..

Hopefully we will know in the next few days one way or the other

Ya I’m trying to look online to see if it’s mentioned anywhere but can’t find it

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Crusher82

It would b great if they jus let us know what was going to take place as I'm sure they are well aware that people r getting fed up waiting at this stage ....

Crusher82 wrote: »
    It would b great if they jus let us know what was going to take place as I'm sure they are well aware that people r getting fed up waiting at this stage ....

Ya ur right there lad

Doubtful that you will find anything online.... it was an internal meeting of all the assistant commissioners

• Advertisement

Doubtful that you will find anything online.... it was an internal meeting of all the assistant commissioners

Oh right but something will have to be said somewhere wouldn’t it ?

Advertisement