Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

Has anyone emailed HRM lately

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Willm5499

gem112 wrote: »
    Has anyone emailed HRM lately

No Gem, I last contacted them in August & was told like before "your application is still being processed " so I might actually give them a buzz tomorrow....

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

Willm5499 wrote: »
    No Gem, I last contacted them in August & was told like before "your application is still being processed " so I might actually give them a buzz tomorrow....

Let us know what they say man

Any word guys

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

Hyneser03 wrote: »
    Any word guys

NOT A THING.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

No news is good news :-) ;-)

Just got the standard email reply

Does anyone know how you get your Order of merit number....

Just got the standard email reply

Does anyone know how you get your Order of merit number....

What stage are you at

Everything done....sgt interview inspector/super interview done medical done.....file in commissioner office for sign off awaiting training....

Are they the numbers we got back at the start after the assessment?

• Advertisement

Think so but not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jb969665

This was a reply I got on Monday..I was told in July that I will woulda medical in two Weeks

Currently your application for the Garda Reserve is ongoing.

We are currently awaiting dates to be confirmed for medicals and will be in contact with you in due course.

Lads we are nearly in November and still nothing has anyone heard anything?

Not a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Rebelkid

Anyone in contact with appointments recently?

Got the standard awaiting training dates from the college.....

We still have the fitness tests too!!

There is no fitness test

Do we not have to do some beep test or is that just for full timers?

No thank god......thats just full-time.....

• Advertisement

Ah sweet, sure thats grand, all we have to do is continue waiting patiently :-)

Hyneser03 wrote: »
    Lads we are nearly in November and still nothing has anyone heard anything?

Written answers
    Wednesday, 24 October 2018

Department of Justice and Equality
    Garda Reserve

Photo of Michael MoynihanMichael Moynihan (Cork North West, Fianna Fail)
    Link to this: Individually | In context
    190. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality when current applicants to the Garda Reserves will be called for training; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [43982/18]
    Photo of Charles FlanaganCharles Flanagan (Laois, Fine Gael)
    Link to this: Individually | In context
    Section 26 of the Garda Síochána Act 2005 vests full control, direction and operation of An Garda Síochána in the office of Commissioner. The allocation of resources including recruitment and training of Garda members and members of the Garda Reserve is entirely a matter for the Garda Commissioner and I, as Minister, have no responsibility in this matter.
    To inform future decisions around the use of the Reserve, An Garda Siochana is currently conducting a strategic review as a matter of priority. This approach is in line with the recommendation by the Commission on the Future of Policing in Ireland, which published its report in September. The Commission also recommended that recruitment to the Reserve be paused pending completion of the strategic review.
    The Commission's report is a major report on one of the key functions of the State and it is now receiving appropriate consideration. My Department is engaged in a detailed consultation process and as part of this process, I have asked the Garda Commissioner to respond to the recommendations in the report insofar as they directly concern An Garda Síochána. I have requested that this response will include an implementation plan of how he intends to take matters forward.
    Once these engagements are completed, I will bring a High-level Implementation Plan and proposed project structure to Government for approval before the end of the year.
    I would advise any candidate with a query on the status of their application for entry into the Garda Reserve to contact the Garda Appointments Office directly.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

That says it all really and confirms a lot of what we all all ready knew, that it isn't happening until new direction is given a green light. Funny how a no cost volunteer service recruitment campaign has actually cost the state thousands and has no output of merit from that process.

delly wrote: »
    That says it all really and confirms a lot of what we all all ready knew, that it isn't happening until new direction is given a green light. Funny how a no cost volunteer service recruitment campaign has actually cost the state thousands and has no output of merit from that process.

The whole thing has been nuts .People put through the mill on vetting.Day off work going for a medical and cost going to Dublin.I’ve had a total gutfull .Anyway,sure they need a new can to kick,cause they sure as hell have the ****e kicked outta this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Rebelkid

I think the only way we will get a clearer answer is if we ring appointments instead of getting the same email each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Willm5499

I'm nearly sure we are finished with the PAS as soon as we done our interviews with the Super. I had my interview with the Super on the 7th of June & as you are all being told, when I ring the HR in HQ they just say the checks are being done. Now today I'm reading.... A senior civil servant in An Garda Síochána has been suspended from the force.

John Barrett is the force's Executive Head of Human Resources.

It is understood he has been suspended by the Minister for Justice, Charlie Flanagan on the recommendation of the Garda Commissioner, Drew Harris.

Mr Barrett did not respond to calls today and his solicitor had no comment to make.

In a statement, the Garda Press Office said: "This is an internal employment matter, An Garda Síochána will not be commenting further particularly on the identity of the individual"... Maybe they are putting a proper structure in place for the fulltime and reserves ?? All we can do is hang on in there & hope for the best :-)

Your order of merit number is the one you got after your online test

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Tommy_utd16

Your order of merit number is the one you got after your online test

Your order of merit number would change after each round. For example if a candidates order of merit after online test was 1st but then failed the second stage interview he'd be gone so the order of merit changes per stage.

But as far as I m aware whatever the last PAS exam is, that's the final order of merit. But for intakes to training it can still vary due to the individuals background checks taking longer, but I d imagine they try to keep it as tight as possible to order of merit.

Mine has stayed the same

• Advertisement

Its oh so quite

Advertisement