Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

gem112 wrote: »
    Its oh so quite

I’d say the majority are fed up at this stage.I mean,20 months on and this is still dragging on.How they expect members of the public to put themselves forward and Volunteer their time ,to support the Fulltime Gardai and their communities,with this ridiculous setup and timeline,i’ll Never know.Would turn the most enthusiastic of a person away.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Malman

I had a read of the GRA. Submission to the policing authority during the week. Easy to see why the authority decided to review the reserves. The GRA have no desire to have a reserve force. Only hope of getting this to move is the political pressure. Perhaps Drew Harris will have more favourable views, especially as he could have a few hundred more bodies on the street for little cost.

Malman wrote: »
    I had a read of the GRA. Submission to the policing authority during the week. Easy to see why the authority decided to review the reserves. The GRA have no desire to have a reserve force. Only hope of getting this to move is the political pressure. Perhaps Drew Harris will have more favourable views, especially as he could have a few hundred more bodies on the street for little cost.
    The GRA have opposed the Reserves since day one and will never accept the Reserves.They’re in the stone ages in my opinion.Not sure how the Commissioner will view the Reserves,as Northern Ireland previously had Police Reservists but they were disbanded many years ago,but this is a different jurisdiction.I personally feel the Justice Minister is in favour of progressing the Reserve Force,but has his obstacles to overcome first.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

We will get there... may take time but it will happen

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Joonnor212

I just rang recruitment and guess what still no date set,
    The wife wants to go on a holiday and knowing my luck that would be the date they start.

• Advertisement

Same as..... there is a public meeting of tge policing athorty tomorrow.... should be on the journal live stream... hopefully we might get a mention in it....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH6wEOEtYAY45H6GNTPrQXw

Link to the live stream from 1530 tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jb969665

I phoned yesterday and they said there will be an intake very early 2019...This morning I got an email to attend a medical, so things will hopefully move along

Bit of luck.....

Anyone see the section on reseve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Jamie83

jb969665 wrote: »
    I phoned yesterday and they said there will be an intake very early 2019...This morning I got an email to attend a medical, so things will hopefully move along

What date did you get for your medical I got the same email this morning for medical on 13th december

Anyone see the section on reseve

Yeah go to 1hr 10 min on the video..It goes on for about 15 mins..They confirmed that 100 Reserves was sanctioned for the new year..I thought there was more than 100 successful candidates though??

Jamie83 wrote: »
    What date did you get for your medical I got the same email this morning for medical on 13th december

I got the 13th also.Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭howsitgoingboy

what will ye guys do when it eventually comes to training i.e. with college or work ?

It all depends on how the structure it ..... i would rather if they went with the 2 week block in templemore.... get it over and done with

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Willm5499

I rang Blanchardstown Garda station on Friday where I had my final meeting with the Superintendent back in August. It was just a quick reminder that I'm still waiting and asked for an update.
    The Garda on duty took my details and said she would dig out my file & call me back. She rang back to say all the checks were finalised & that my file was now with the Chief Superintendent... I don't know what to make of that ??? but considering the meeting with the Policing Authority the other day and the statements about the Garda reserves were made by the commissioner I will hopefully be contacted soon at last.....

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

Wow tahts brilliant news thank god their moving with it I wonder how will we know if we are going to be 1 of those 100 going in.
    Will we be getting an email in December or what?

God only knows... i might give them a ring tomorrow.... see can i get any info...

Hyneser03 wrote: »
    Wow tahts brilliant news thank god their moving with it I wonder how will we know if we are going to be 1 of those 100 going in.
    Will we be getting an email in December or what?

Yes,you’ll get an email confirming the Training dates,whereby you’ll have to reply confirming if you are able to attend or not.Good luck everyone waiting.Fingers crossed it will go ahead in January and email is out in the next week or two.Would be a nice Christmas present.

I wonder how they are going to decide who will be in the first intake

• Advertisement

Last email i got said places would be offered on your order of merit number

Ok was that like the number we got back ages ago when called for interview? Mine was 3 I think that’s good isint it

What email was that you got lad

When i asked them for my order of merit number

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

I've just recieved a email to attend the medical on the 13th of December but my bmi is still a bit high any advice greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Willm5499

I just rang HQ & was told my file was sent over to HR team this morning by the chief Superintendent. I will hopefully get the email for the medical soon.....

How much do u need to loose vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Tommy_utd16

vardy98 wrote: »
    I've just recieved a email to attend the medical on the 13th of December but my bmi is still a bit high any advice greatly appreciated

Join gym and get a good training program made up for weight loss, book in to see dietitian get a food/meal plan for weight loss.

Start as soon as possible but also have these programs and proof of any weight loss from now until medical to show progress to the CMO during medical. There maybe some allowance on it if you can prove you're on track to bring down your BMI, maybe get a report from your on GP on the progress.

Just make sure you do it right and take professional advice, main thing is to do it right and stay healthy

Best of luck

Willm5499 wrote: »
    I just rang HQ & was told my file was sent over to HR team this morning by the chief Superintendent. I will hopefully get the email for the medical soon.....

That’s strange cause I have my medical done and I rang them there and they said that all checks are done and that they are waiting for senior management to sign off ?

• Advertisement

Goes to assistant commissioner/commissioner for final sign off as far as i know

Advertisement