Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

I wonder will we be getting an email about dates next week

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Willm5499

I'm not sure what way the system of recruitment is being conducted now. The fact it's taken this long & files are being sent from A to B the main thing for me is that it's in the h.q now with the HR management. Il be patiently waiting for a call or email il keep the updates going and to everyone best of luck.....

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

Willm5499 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what way the system of recruitment is being conducted now. The fact it's taken this long & files are being sent from A to B the main thing for me is that it's in the h.q now with the HR management. Il be patiently waiting for a call or email il keep the updates going and to everyone best of luck.....
    The process is PAS (Interview & Report Writing),then onto HR (Vetting & Medicals).HR send file to local station for Sgt & Sup Int or Inspector interviews and local vetting.They send file and report back to HR.If vetting clears,your called to Medical.Then it goes to get signed of at Commissioners Office.Then it’s Training.Hopefully that helps.

donman wrote: »
    The process is PAS (Interview & Report Writing),then onto HR (Vetting & Medicals).HR send file to local station for Sgt & Sup Int or Inspector interviews and local vetting.They send file and report back to HR.If vetting clears,your called to Medical.Then it goes to get signed of at Commissioners Office.Then it’s Training.Hopefully that helps.

Ya tahts helps we’ll im just waiting for commissioners signature cause I have all the rest done just have to wait now

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

Hyneser03 wrote: »
    Ya tahts helps we’ll im just waiting for commissioners signature cause I have all the rest done just have to wait now

Same as..... has anyone been onto HR to see if there is Any word....

• Advertisement

Yes that helps alot thanks Donman....

gem112 wrote: »
    Same as..... has anyone been onto HR to see if there is Any word....

When did u do ur medical

June

June

I done mine last November

How long does it last

• Advertisement

Sorry i mean does it last 6months or a year

Sorry i mean does it last 6months or a year

Jesus I don’t know I hope it’s a year cause that would be unfair if had to do it again because they delayed getting numbers in

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Joonnor212

Just out of curiosity the 100 trainees would that be the highest marking in the tests?
    Or would it be 10 from limerick, 10 from cork, 10 from Dublin and so on, as it will be local stations we will be in.

Joonnor212 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity the 100 trainees would that be the highest marking in the tests?
    Or would it be 10 from limerick, 10 from cork, 10 from Dublin and so on, as it will be local stations we will be in.

If the first 100 with low OOM (100 and below)have everything completed,then they go forward.So say 20-30 with an OOM below 100 have not got everything completed,then those OOM’s above 100 and everything completed will take their place.Thats how it normally works. Then,on the next Intake,those 20-30 would be in first if by then they have everything completed as they have lower OOM’s

I would say its the first 100 that have cleared vetting and medicals and have been signed off by thr commissioners office

If the first 100 with low OOM (100 and below)have everything completed,then they go forward.So say 20-30 with an OOM below 100 have not got everything completed,then those OOM’s above 100 and everything completed will take their place.Thats how it normally works. Then,on the next Intake,those 20-30 would be in first if by then they have everything completed as they have lower OOM’s
    What’s OOM 😂 and will it be local stations we are sent to ?

What’s OOM 😂 and will it be local stations we are sent to ?

OOM (Order Of Merit).No,you won’t be assigned to your local station.

OOM (Order Of Merit).No,you won’t be assigned to your local station.

Oh it will be the next nearest town

Oh it will be the next nearest town

That’s right.In my case,my local station is a couple of minutes away.Next station is 20mins and next from that is 45 minutes,so i’d be in either of those 2.

I’m the same, 20 minutes to the 2 stations who have reserves located.
    Just hoping now we get invited to the training.

• Advertisement

Im living in meath but marked dublin on my application due to my current job.....

Anyone put down for Carrick on Shannon

Limerick

Dublin North

I wonder will emails be sent out this week since it’s the first week of December like ? If a class is starting in January

I wonder will emails be sent out this week since it’s the first week of December like ? If a class is starting in January

If January is happening for sure,then emails should be out this week or next,but,there’s always the possibility of very short notice,which could only be a couple of weeks.They normally give enough notice though.Still just a waiting game.

Hopefully your right Hyneser, it would be great to have even the medical out of the way before the Christmas. Give us all something to look forward to after the Christmas. I think after that it's just the call to be fitted and traing dates, we'll see.....

I would be surprised if anything happens this side of Christmas

I would be surprised if anything happens this side of Christmas

Hi Guys and Gals,wonder could I throw this out there if ye are happy to answer.Who going for the Reserves,intends to go onto Fulltime eventually.Me personally,am to old for Fulltime.Maybe the Reserves is something your happy just to do,and have no intentions of going any further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Malman

Hi Guys and Gals,wonder could I throw this out there if ye are happy to answer.Who going for the Reserves,intends to go onto Fulltime eventually.Me personally,am to old for Fulltime.Maybe the Reserves is something your happy just to do,and have no intentions of going any further.

Too old also.. If this is delayed any further I'll be too old for reserves also :(

Advertisement