Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Joonnor212

That’s positive news. Well done on passing the medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

There is probably about 200 in the process of recruitment,but how many have got to the stage of medicals.... some haven't even done their interviews with the sgt....

How did the rest get on that had medicals today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Rebelkid wrote: »
    Also intending to go fulltime, joining the reserves to get experience.

For people thinking this make sure you keep it up or they may reject your full time application.

I applied via general stream and was rejected based on poor participation in Reserve. Haven't been going in, around 2 years now. Just hadnt got the time.

They take it as something iffy is going on if you don't like it.

So be warned :)

Anyone else have the medical today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Willm5499

gem112 wrote: »
    Anyone else have the medical today

Not yet, still waiting for the invite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Crusher82

Not even a sign of an interview for me in here in wexford any1 else in wexford on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

Crusher82 wrote: »
    Not even a sign of an interview for me in here in wexford any1 else in wexford on here

Have you contacted your local station?Contact them and see if they can do anything because your file will be there.Thats ridiculous but I know others who have had the same issues.You could also contact HR and say your still waiting on interview after all this time.

Willm5499 wrote: »
    Not yet, still waiting for the invite :)

Have you contacted HR for an update?

jb969665 wrote: »
    Hi All..I had my Medical this morning and passed.Doctor told me to tell the receptionist that I passed.She told me no dates are yet set for Training of Reserves.I asked her if she had any more info on it and she said they are basically waiting on a full class before training goes ahead.She said there was quite a few drop outs since the latest recruitment drive began.She reckons it will be January before we get any further details.Medical in total(including waiting) took only 1hour 20 mins.

Excellent news and well done.That was extremely quick for in and out.Thanks for the update also,but it’s baffling to think after all this time,they don’t have the numbers for an intake,now that they have a slot in January.It could end up a very short notice call.

• Advertisement

donman wrote: »
    Have you contacted HR for an update?

Yes about two or three weeks ago Donman. My file was with the Chief Superintendent in Blanchardstown. The garda on duty rang me back the next day to say it was now with the HR management in HQ. I'm not panicking about it il be called when they're ready :-)... Just delighted to hear there is movement with the application & people are getting calls for medicals. Il wait my turn...

Willm5499 wrote: »
    Yes about two or three weeks ago Donman. My file was with the Chief Superintendent in Blanchardstown. The garda on duty rang me back the next day to say it was now with the HR management in HQ. I'm not panicking about it il be called when they're ready :-)... Just delighted to hear there is movement with the application & people are getting calls for medicals. Il wait my turn...

Ah that’s good news. Vetting is the killer but I rang every 4 weeks just so they knew I was keen and for update.No harm checking in every now and again.Best of luck and hopefully you won’t have much longer to wait.

Ah that’s good news. Vetting is the killer but I rang every 4 weeks just so they knew I was keen and for update.No harm checking in every now and again.Best of luck and hopefully you won’t have much longer to wait.

Thanks pal :-)

Fingers x

Intresting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

That’s great news hopefully it will be January and we get informed soon.

Let's hope we're part of the group to be called. Alot more have dropped out of the campaign due to waiting time.....

Fingers x

I’ve my self tied in knots.

I heard they sent out invatations for medicals and alot came back saying they not intrested or have got full-time.....

• Advertisement

I heard they sent out invatations for medicals and alot came back saying they not intrested or have got full-time.....

That's great news for the ones who were soooooo patient enough to wait like us... I think just for that we should be called this week :-)...

I don’t think we will hear this side of Christmas.

Joonnor212 wrote: »
    I don’t think we will hear this side of Christmas.

Still a few days to go.Ye never know.They could be holding out as long as possible if they are struggling for numbers.They have time to play with,and could run into February if they can get a few more through.it is frustrating,as it’s coming up on 2 years since this all began.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Malman

Still a few days to go.Ye never know.They could be holding out as long as possible if they are struggling for numbers.They have time to play with,and could run into February if they can get a few more through.it is frustrating,as it’s coming up on 2 years since this all began.

Medical done this time last year will now have to be done again. Along with BR... I better ease of the turkey again this year....

2 years is a long time, and they can still say sorry you do not qualify for this round please try next time.
    Hopefully they have the numbers to go through.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I'm all for positivity folks, but really don't see anything happening with this for some time. There is no political capital in it and it looks like a few different quarters want to redefine what the reserves will do. While medicals and interviews are ongoing, to trigger an intake class is a different matter which I don't see as happening in the near future.

Malman wrote: »
    Medical done this time last year will now have to be done again. Along with BR... I better ease of the turkey again this year....

Ye still might be ok.Fingers crossed it doesn’t come to that.

delly wrote: »
    I'm all for positivity folks, but really don't see anything happening with this for some time. There is no political capital in it and it looks like a few different quarters want to redefine what the reserves will do. While medicals and interviews are ongoing, to trigger an intake class is a different matter which I don't see as happening in the near future.

Gonna agree with ye delly,based on the fact,that i’ve noticed the last few statements have no mention of 2000 Reserves.Only thing we have,is to stay positive and hope for the best.

Have being saying for a while....not going to hear this side of xmas.... middle of jan i would say.....
    I think they will go through with the 90 to be trained in the early part of the new year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Malman

Have being saying for a while....not going to hear this side of xmas.... middle of jan i would say.....
    I think they will go through with the 90 to be trained in the early part of the new year
    Worth a read crime correspondant Paul Collins yesterday on report commissioned by Francis Fitzgerald only just published. Sorry didn't post new thread
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2018/1221/1018605-policing-report/&ved=0ahUKEwjy-O3Sl7LfAhXSYlAKHXg9CGsQqQIIJigBMAA&usg=AOvVaw3zhjdVUhDuC2mb7k35ca0h

Advertisement