Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

Nearly the new year.... fingers crossed that we hear something soon.....

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

gem112 wrote: »
    Nearly the new year.... fingers crossed that we hear something soon.....

Ya man hopefully we hear this week or next I’m getting excited now

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Joonnor212

With all the free time over the Christmas I’m going mad here Hopefully we have some answers soon.

Any Garda reserves here that were on duty over Xmas were ye busy.

Anyone heard anything....

• Advertisement

Anyone heard anything....

Nothing

No heard nothing yet!
    Just curious do they send an email or is it by post they invite you for training?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Willm5499

Not yet but looks like the age limit is definitely going ahead....

Willm5499 wrote: »
    Not yet but looks like the age limit is definitely going ahead....

What does that mean for the reserves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

Joonnor212 wrote: »
    No heard nothing yet!
    Just curious do they send an email or is it by post they invite you for training?

You get an email with the dates.You’ll be asked to confirm that you can attend for training.

• Advertisement

I wonder will we hear anything this week

Dont think we will hear for another few weeks......im thinking middle of February before we hear anything

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Rebelkid

Didn't somebody on here ring appointments before Christmas and they confirmed there would be an intake early 2019?

March is still early 2019....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Rebelkid

Very true but hopefully not haha

I think the next full time Garda training is in April, so should be before then!

I would hope so too

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Willm5499

Ok I have a bit of news that might ease the frustration of us all waiting soooo long.. I was on to HR in HQ yesterday and they said only 1 or 2 more small checks on the vetting to be done. Like most this is a broken record by now. I was then speaking to a friend who works in HQ and he said he made an enquiry today and was told HR is in a bit of disarray at the moment. You probably know John Barrett was suspended a while ago and also there's 2 thirds of a sergeants list been promoted and about half of an inspectors list promoted with the rest all to follow. There's been a lot of pressure to get sergeants back out in stations due to lack of supervisors so unfortunately all of that has had a knock on effect on external recruitment but hopefully it all gets sorted soon. SO HOPEFULLY WE WILL HEAR SOMETHING SOON.....

I wonder will we hear anything this week hopefully

Hyneser03 wrote: »
    I wonder will we hear anything this week hopefully

I was just thinking the same this morning but I’d be saying it will be the end of January if we hear from them. That way with notification and training we would be finished for the end March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

I'm thinking it's unlikely we'd be called for Feb at this stage? I'd struggle to get the time off and I'd be gutted to wait this long and then have to turn down a place.

Depends on what way they structure the training

Depends on what way they structure the training

Ya I wonder what way training will be done this time

Im still thinking march for call and april for training

Im still thinking march for call and april for training

I hope sooner all I want is to start training get the uniform on and get out on the beat 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jb969665

Policing Report is live now on you-tube..

jb969665 wrote: »
    Policing Report is live now on you-tube..

I didn’t get the start of it was there anything about the reserves?

Dont think there was anything....think it was about the juvenile report that came out today.... next private meeting in the 24 and a public meeting is 28 of feb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

Another kick of the can down the road: Written answers
    Tuesday, 15 January 2019

Department of Justice and Equality
    Garda Reserve

Photo of Jim O'CallaghanJim O'Callaghan (Dublin Bay South, Fianna Fail)
    Link to this: Individually | In context
    416. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality when applicants for the Garda reserves that applied in April 2017 will be called to complete their full training; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [54226/18]
    Photo of Charles FlanaganCharles Flanagan (Laois, Fine Gael)
    Under the Garda Síochána Act 2005, the allocation of resources including the recruitment and training of Garda members and members of the Garda Reserve is entirely a matter for the Garda Commissioner and I, as Minister, have no responsibility in this matter.
    An Garda Síochána has indicated that a training class of approximately 100 Garda Reserves will commence training in the first quarter of 2019.
    It should also be noted that to inform future decisions around the use of the Reserve, An Garda Síochána is currently conducting a strategic review as a matter of priority. This approach is in line with the recommendation in the Report of the Commission on the Future of Policing in Ireland.
    On 18 December 2018, the Government endorsed the report of the Commission on the Future of Policing in Ireland and agreed to accept all 157 key recommendations contained in the report, including those related to the Garda Reserve. On 18 December 2018 I also published a four year high level plan, ‘A Policing Service for the Future’, which sets out the approach to implementation of the Commission's recommendations. The Strategic Review of the Garda Reserve will be one of the key issues advanced throughout 2019

• Advertisement

donman wrote: »
    Another kick of the can down the road: Written answers
    Tuesday, 15 January 2019

Department of Justice and Equality
    Garda Reserve

Photo of Jim O'CallaghanJim O'Callaghan (Dublin Bay South, Fianna Fail)
    416. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice
    and Equality when applicants for the Garda reserves that applied in April 2017 will be called to complete their full training; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [54226/18]
    Photo of Charles FlanaganCharles Flanagan (Laois, Fine Gael)
    Under the Garda Síochána Act 2005, the allocation of resources including the recruitment and training of Garda members and members of the Garda Reserve is entirely a matter for the Garda Commissioner and I, as Minister, have no responsibility in this matter.
    An Garda Síochána has indicated that a training class of approximately 100 Garda Reserves will commence training in the first quarter of 2019.
    It should also be noted that to inform future decisions around the use of the Reserve, An Garda Síochána is currently conducting a strategic review as a matter of priority. This approach is in line with the recommendation in the Report of the Commission on the Future of Policing in Ireland.
    On 18 December 2018, the Government endorsed the report of the Commission on the Future of Policing in Ireland and agreed to accept all 157 key recommendations contained in the report, including those related to the Garda Reserve. On 18 December 2018 I also published a four year high level plan, ‘A Policing Service for the Future’, which sets out the approach to implementation of the Commission's recommendations. The Strategic Review of the Garda Reserve will be one of the key issues advanced throughout 2019

That’s good news that it’s going to be between now and April for training

Advertisement