Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Rebelkid

Anyone ring appointments recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

No not in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

Hyneser03 wrote: »
    That’s good news that it’s going to be between now and April for training

Yep,but remember,we’ve heard this since the start of 2018 aswell plus it was to be January 2019 and now it’s further on.Think it will happen,but just have too wait it out.Cant see it being April as that the next Fulltime intake,so would need to be before that.

At this stage i wish they would just say yes its going to happen or no its never going to happen....

gem112 wrote: »
    At this stage i wish they would just say yes its going to happen or no its never going to happen....

I’m with you on that.

• Advertisement

Still no dates Lads & Lassies.Had a reply from Appointments.

Take it was the standard email

Take it was the standard email

Lol......Shorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Willm5499

Rebelkid wrote: »
    Anyone ring appointments recently?

I rang last Tues/Weds, same old... The vetting is still being done but only one or two small checks to be done.....

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jb969665

everyone get the email this morning regarding training?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Nice to see something positive!! We will get there (eventually!)

looks very positive...did you receive an email?

Yes got mine

jb969665 wrote: »
    everyone get the email this morning regarding training?

Yep.Hopefully see you all soon.

Id say offers will go out feb and we start im march

i'd say there will be a few changes to the Reserve structure for this intake..Going by what was said in the report before Christmas,there may be different powers for reserves and a different approach as to whats expected of the Reserves.

Id say offers will go out feb and we start im march

Yes.I think that could be highly probable.I really hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

This is great news guys so excited now for a second I thought it said training is starting next week I was panicking😂 ya I wonder how it’s goinh to be done this time round

• Registered Users Posts: 19 KimsMom

Got my e mail also - can’t believe it after all this time 😀

It’s says quarter 1 or 2 I wonder when the training will be

• Advertisement

jb969665 wrote: »
    i'd say there will be a few changes to the Reserve structure for this intake..Going by what was said in the report before Christmas,there may be different powers for reserves and a different approach as to whats expected of the Reserves.

Do ya think more powers or less powers

More powers,Maybe allowing into units like roads policing,maybe allowed out on your own

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭howsitgoingboy

Is anyone on here who received the email in college or any kind of education?

More powers,Maybe allowing into units like roads policing,maybe allowed out on your own

Jesus that would be great if that happenes

Is anyone on here who received the email in college or any kind of education?

I’m working full time & im studying part time (open university) if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭howsitgoingboy

KimsMom wrote: »
    I’m working full time & im studying part time (open university) if that helps.

What will you do when it comes to the training? In terms of college work and that ?

What will you do when it comes to the training? In terms of college work and that ?

Honestly, I have no idea at the moment. I’ve 3 exams between now & the end of May. Will worry about it when I see if I’m even called for training. Until then, I’ll practice my time management skills :)

I'd say more powers and maybe bit more freedom to do more work alone

When it says to confirm with them by email that we are still interested do they send a confirmation email saying they have received the email?

• Advertisement

Hyneser03 wrote: »
    When it says to confirm with them by email that we are still interested do they send a confirmation email saying they have received the email?

I didn't get a confirmation email..I copied the person and Garda Reserve email address too.

Advertisement