Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

jb969665 wrote: »
    I didn't get a confirmation email..I copied the person and Garda Reserve email address too.

Ya I just replied saying I’m still interested hope that was right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Willm5499

Still waiting

Willm5499 wrote: »
    Still waiting

Oh Did u not get the email

No not yet, I'm still waiting to be called for the medical so I'm not sure when to expect anything

No not yet, I'm still waiting to be called for the medical so I'm not sure when to expect anything

Oh right I get ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Joonnor212

I’m the same so don’t know what’s happening.
    Just have to wait and see what is planned!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

Bit of luck u get medicals soon

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Crusher82

No email for me I'm still waiting on br checks looks like iv a long wait yet 😢😢

I'm gonna email them now to ask what's going on, I applied in 2017 so it's no wonder people are getting frustrated with the waiting around & lack of communication...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Crusher82

I'm gonna email them now to ask what's going on, I applied in 2017 so it's no wonder people are getting frustrated with the waiting around & lack of communication...

I rang he last week an he told me the file is still awaiting some br checks an he told me not to worry as my file is still active....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭paddyCPW

For anyone who got the email, what did it say and when did you apply?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Dear Applicant
    I refer to your application for the position of Garda Reserve in An Garda Síochána.

We are currently in consultation with the Garda College to schedule dates for Phase I training in Quarter 1 and/or Quarter 2 2019.

In that regard, I would appreciate if you could confirm by email to gardareserve@garda.ie no later than Wednesday 30th January, 2019 that you are still interested in continuing with your application? If we do not receive a response by Wednesday 30th January, 2019 we will consider you are no longer interested in the role.

I applied in April 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭paddyCPW

Dear Applicant
    I refer to your application for the position of Garda Reserve in An Garda Síochána.

We are currently in consultation with the Garda College to schedule dates for Phase I training in Quarter 1 and/or Quarter 2 2019.

In that regard, I would appreciate if you could confirm by email to gardareserve@garda.ie no later than Wednesday 30th January, 2019 that you are still interested in continuing with your application? If we do not receive a response by Wednesday 30th January, 2019 we will consider you are no longer interested in the role.

I applied in April 2017.

Thanks for that

They will Defo need more reserves now as I read there that if there is no deal brexit they are sending 600 guards to police the border which will put a strain on other resources across stations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

KimsMom wrote: »
    Honestly, I have no idea at the moment. I’ve 3 exams between now & the end of May. Will worry about it when I see if I’m even called for training. Until then, I’ll practice my time management skills :)

Brilliant answer.

jb969665 wrote: »
    I'd say more powers and maybe bit more freedom to do more work alone

Think this will happen eventually alright.Maybe work alone after 2 year probation if you’ve proved yourself and commitment.

Hyneser03 wrote: »
    When it says to confirm with them by email that we are still interested do they send a confirmation email saying they have received the email?

No,ye won’t get a confirmation.If you’ve replied via your phone rather than computer,just double check with them before Wednesday,that they got your reply.

Keep onto them.

Joonnor212 wrote: »
    I’m the same so don’t know what’s happening.
    Just have to wait and see what is planned!

Keep onto them .

Crusher82 wrote: »
    No email for me I'm still waiting on br checks looks like iv a long wait yet 😢😢

Keep onto them.Ye need to keep checking in or ask ,can they tell ya what’s holding it up.They should be able to tell you.

• Advertisement

Next step should be dates for training,and we’ll have to confirm we are attending.Probably get a short final questionnaire with a few questions ie any penalty points,any court summons/convictions etc etc.Has to be printed off and signed by you and posted back.Thats how it was back in 2015 anyway.

I was onto a friend of mine in hq, he gave me a number to call 016662322. I explained that some candidates were getting emails & just wanted to make sure my file wasn't being forgotten about. He just said the emails being sent out were just emails of interest. That they were only getting the numbers in order for ones that still wanted to join. He told me my local checks were finished and the international vetting was still being done & that there's nothing to be concerned about with my application that when it comes back il be contacted.... Il have to just be patient so...

I was onto a friend of mine in hq, he gave me a number to call 016662322. I explained that some candidates were getting emails & just wanted to make sure my file wasn't being forgotten about. He just said the emails being sent out were just emails of interest. That they were only getting the numbers in order for ones that still wanted to join. He told me my local checks were finished and the international vetting was still being done & that there's nothing to be concerned about with my application that when it comes back il be contacted.... Il have to just be patient so...

Yes,that’s correct.They will want to see what the numbers are to organise a class.You could end up with vetting cleared only a week or two before an intake,asked to attend medical and be in with that short a timeframe.So,it’s all still possible.Keep checking.

Thanks Donman, for me it was more to check & see what stage my application was at so I could let my job know. That was cleared up today so il be patiently waiting. Thanks for that though...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Malman

donman wrote: »
    No,ye won’t get a confirmation.If you’ve replied via your phone rather than computer,just double check with them before Wednesday,that they got your reply.

I emailed back on laptop and asked for confirmation of receipt of mail.. Nothing back.. Did anyone get confirmation?

Would be nice to know how they might structure the training....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

gem112 wrote: »
    Would be nice to know how they might structure the training....

Definitely would love to know, just for work planning. I work shift work and annual leave is not easy to get.

I think it will be a bit funny weird if it's in the college, it will be strange to me being a student at age 41!!!

I know..... i do shift and if its march its the end of the leave year so everyone wants leave..... yeh be a bit stange going back to college at 40...

Definitely would love to know, just for work planning. I work shift work and annual leave is not easy to get.

I think it will be a bit funny weird if it's in the college, it will be strange to me being a student at age 41!!!

Would be best to have the conversation with your boss before dates come out,and explain the situation.Its going to be either over the few weeks or weekends.You’ll have an idea if they are going to be sticky about it or willing to help you out.You could also say or ask for the time off under exceptional circumstances.

• Advertisement

I hope everyone has sent back there yes or no emails

Advertisement