Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

How many on here have passed the medical

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

gem112 wrote: »

Medical passed end of April last year. Anybody see the program on channel 4 last night about the police specials .Celebrities are out with them and Fulltime police.On for another 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Crusher82

I'm not even close to medical still waiting on br checks an local meetings...question I have say my self and others that don't make the 100 does that mean we will have to start all over again in the next recruitment drive ??

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Willm5499

Still no word. For anyone who has recently had the medical, what does it entail ??

Might be no harm ringing your local district office and see what the hold up is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Waynejames

Crusher82 wrote: »
    I'm not even close to medical still waiting on br checks an local meetings...question I have say my self and others that don't make the 100 does that mean we will have to start all over again in the next recruitment drive ??

I passed my medical in December, but over heard a conversation that the medical is only valid for about 6 months then is classed as invalid and will have to take and pass all medical again???!

I heard it was a year

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Waynejames

I heard it was a year

Maybe be so gem112 I’m not 100% sure I just over heard a conversation

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭howsitgoingboy

Did you get that off the garda website

Yes but it should also be outlined in 'notes for applicants'

Howsitsgoingboy have you a copy of the "notes for applicants"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭howsitgoingboy

Howsitsgoingboy have you a copy of the "notes for applicants"

Here you go mate: https://www.garda.ie/en/careers/why-should-i-join-an-garda-siochana-/garda-trainee-recruitment-notes-for-candidate.pdf

for everyone wondering about information, this is probably the best resource.

Dates are out.Weekend Training.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jb969665

Dates are out..

Got the e-mail

jb969665 wrote: »
    Dates are out..

Congrats.

Got the e-mail

Congrats.

donman wrote: »
    Congrats.

Did you get an email,Donman?

Got the e-mail

It's says reply by Tuesday 20th Feb..The 20th is Wednesday though?

jb969665 wrote: »
    Did you get an email,Donman?

Yep.Great to finally have this waiting game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Crusher82

Congrats every1 who got the mail ..when is it starting ?? An how many weekends is it over ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Spanout90

Got it as well!!!

Accepting but may be out of the country for 10 days in May. I heard two day which are taking place on the 23-24th of March as we all now know 😠, then two weeks training in Templemore and then 2 more days.

Have to ring and find out if and when the other training days are happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

Well I got an email to respond about that my medical is still the same and have to respond by Monday. I wonder will I get a date for training

Think you will

Think you will

I hope so man cause like nothing has changed regarding my medical and I don’t want to miss out on this training particularly if it’s the only one for a while. Maybe that’s why they want it sent back no later then Monday

Did anyone else who done their medial about a year ago get an email regarding training dates ?

I know a lad who got the same email...

I know a lad who got the same email...

Oh with the medical was it ?

Yeah just a declaration to say nothing has changed

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Willm5499

Well done to all that got the emails. I'm freaking now because I'm still waiting to be called for the medical so I'm thinking I'm still in the lurch. Il have to give them a bell on Monday morning and ask about my application stage.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kinglong

Hi all ,, I went for my medical for garda reserves on July 15th gone at 10am just wondering was there anyone else on this day aswell ?? Have few questions thanks in advance

I am waiting on medical also might miss take in but hopefully they will have another class sometime this year

Advertisement