Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kellie23

Hi guys, I’ve been following this post for a while. Glad to say I’m down for the 23rd and 24th of March, such a long wait but I’m so glad things are finally moving forward :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kinglong

Hi did you get threw or have you heard anymore??

still waiting

kinglong wrote: »
    still waiting

a long wait

Hi all ,, I went for my medical for garda reserves on July 15th gone at 10am just wondering was there anyone else on this day aswell ?? Have few questions thanks in advance

a very long wait

Hi all ,, I went for my medical for garda reserves on July 15th gone at 10am just wondering was there anyone else on this day aswell ?? Have few questions thanks in advance

yes

• Advertisement

Willm5499 wrote: »
    Well done to all that got the emails. I'm freaking now because I'm still waiting to be called for the medical so I'm thinking I'm still in the lurch. Il have to give them a bell on Monday morning and ask about my application stage.....

I am waiting on medical also might miss this class but hopefully they will take in another class later in the year

Well done to all that got the emails. I'm freaking now because I'm still waiting to be called for the medical so I'm thinking I'm still in the lurch. Il have to give them a bell on Monday morning and ask about my application stage.....

waiting on medical also

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭howsitgoingboy

I haven’t got an email regarding training dates, but I did get the first email regarding if I am still interested ?

Anybody in the same boat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Joonnor212

Haven’t got an email, was onto appointments and they said that my file has to go to commissioner for approval as I failed my French in secondary.
    I’m also an EMT and FAR Instructor so I think I might be missing this one.

Joonnor212 wrote: »
    Haven’t got an email, was onto appointments and they said that my file has to go to commissioner for approval as I failed my French in secondary.
    I’m also an EMT and FAR Instructor so I think I might be missing this one.

Did you receive the email about whether you were still interested or not though, earlier this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Joonnor212

No got no email and I had the medical passed in September last, rang the appointments office and just said that my application had to be sent to himself.
    Just have to keep waiting now.

Joonnor212 wrote: »
    No got no email and I had the medical passed in September last, rang the appointments office and just said that my application had to be sent to himself.
    Just have to keep waiting now.

damn, wonder whats happening with mine then :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

Kellie23 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I’ve been following this post for a while. Glad to say I’m down for the 23rd and 24th of March, such a long wait but I’m so glad things are finally moving forward :)

Congrats Kellie23.See ya in Templemore.It’s been a long wait.

damn, wonder whats happening with mine then :(

It could simply be down to your OOM.Emails most likely went out to the lowest 100 OOM ‘s first.

jb969665 wrote: »
    It's says reply by Tuesday 20th Feb..The 20th is Wednesday though?

Most likely just a typo error.20th is probably correct but a call will verify that.I’ve accepted already.I ain’t waiting till the 20th,lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Rebelkid

I accepted straight away too lol. Delighted its finally moving, it says we will receive a confirmation letter of acceptance I presume they won't be issued till Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

I accepted straight away too..... would be nice to know how tje rest of the dates and how they will structure the training

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Some poor unfortunate will come in on Monday morning to an onslaught of emails :-)
    Hopefully they'll get the details out to us soon enough.

Will see will they tell me over the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Rebelkid

Hopefully its the 2 weekends and the full 2 weeks get us moving quicker.

• Advertisement

Hope so too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

gem112 wrote: »
    Will see will they tell me over the phone

You may turn on the charm with them and get us all the answers!!!

I will do my best lol

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Willm5499

I'l ring HQ in the morning and ask for details on the intake process. I'm still waiting to be called for the medical & if I'm honest I'm starting to lose interest considering I done the test & interview in August 2017....

Rebelkid wrote: »
    I accepted straight away too lol. Delighted its finally moving, it says we will receive a confirmation letter of acceptance I presume they won't be issued till Monday?

They might let us know before the 20th as we’ve replied or wait till after the 20th.Should hear this week anyway.

I'l ring HQ in the morning and ask for details on the intake process. I'm still waiting to be called for the medical & if I'm honest I'm starting to lose interest considering I done the test & interview in August 2017....

Is your vetting completed?Stick with it and don’t give in as I know it is frustrating.i should have been in back in 2015,but everything got cancelled.Had to reapply 2017 and now finally going to get in.I refused to be beaten.It was close at times but ye have to grin and bear it if ye really want it bad enough.You’ll get there.Don’t worry lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Willm5499

Thanks pal,

I rang & emailed about four weeks ago and they said checks were being done so

Thanks pal,

I rang & emailed about four weeks ago and they said checks were being done so
    Vetting is the killer,but just keep checking with them.You will make it in,even though it is deflating and ye question,why am i even bothering.It will be worth it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jb969665

In relation to the 2 weeks training in Templemore, im wondering if employers are supposed to pay you as normal,or do we need to take Holiday for this period?I know it might be at the discretion of each employer,but im wondering if there's something set in stone to say an employer must pay you?

• Advertisement

Its at your own expense

Advertisement