Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

On the email, it says you will receive a confirmation lettet

This is what I got

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭howsitgoingboy

Hyneser03 wrote: »
    This is what I got

Ahh I see, wonder what’s happening with mine..again

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

Ahh I see, wonder what’s happening with mine..again

I say we should know more by tomorrow or Friday

Hyneser03 wrote: »
    I say we should know more by tomorrow or Friday

These are the addresses I sent them too, the email address on both of them is ‘gardareserve@garda.ie’..but they have different names..this hardly matters does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

No letter.... i assume that they will go out today after the dead line to reply yes or no

• Advertisement

gem112 wrote: »
    No letter.... i assume that they will go out today after the dead line to reply yes or no

Sorry lads just to get this right..is the confirmation an actual post letter, or an email? Sorry about this

I think its a post letter

I think its a post letter

Did you receive a confirmation email?

I did

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Skydiver1961

Congrats to you all . It is a wonderful achievement to finally be entering training after such a long wait. I am sure I speak for all my fellow Reserves in welcoming you. As you are aware it has been some time since we have had new recruits enter the service. Our numbers are at an all time low and the additional numbers will be more than welcome to put us on the road of the targeted 2000 members which has been stated by the government. You will enjoy your training and the many challenges it will present. My advise if any is that you approach it all with an open mind , do not be afraid to ask questions and if you know of any servicing Reserves do seek them out to avail of the benefit of their experience and advice.

• Advertisement

Thanks skydiver...

Still no news on the rest of the dates....

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Howie1979

I did

I did as well

Sorry lads just to get this right..is the confirmation an actual post letter, or an email? Sorry about this

It’s posted letter hope we all get them soon

Howie1979 wrote: »
    It’s posted letter hope we all get them soon

Yeah I rang and they didn’t receive my email for some reason, going to ring again hete

What you should do it screen shot in your email where you have sent it back on the date and time if they say we never got it

Found out the problem eventually guys. Hotmail for some reason or another is not always accepted by AGS...just to let other Hotmail users know..and also to prevent you stressing :D

Found out the problem eventually guys. Hotmail for some reason or another is not always accepted by AGS...just to let other Hotmail users know..and also to prevent you stressing :D

You got sorted in the end that’s the main thing. Funny you say that my buddy set up my hotmail account years ago and he did it as hotmail.co.uk coz he said .com is always a probably I though it was just him been lazy

You got sorted in the end that’s the main thing. Funny you say that my buddy set up my hotmail account years ago and he did it as hotmail.co.uk coz he said .com is always a probably I though it was just him been lazy

Haha there you go anyway, I wish they could have told me that though prior.. anyway done now

Haha there you go anyway, I wish they could have told me that though prior.. anyway done now

Does anyone know how many of us they are taken in this class? Is there many from cork starting in March?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Rebelkid

100 were sanctioned but not sure if there will be 100. I'm a cork man myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Waynejames

Rebelkid wrote: »
    100 were sanctioned but not sure if there will be 100. I'm a cork man myself

Cork also

• Advertisement

Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bazm00re

Hi all, just wondering from all those that have been through it, what is involved in the medical? I have only just gotten an interview in my local station this week! Happy for all that are going to training, but happier that my own application has moved forward a little too. Been a long time waiting without word.

Bazm00re wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering from all those that have been through it, what is involved in the medical? I have only just gotten an interview in my local station this week! Happy for all that are going to training, but happier that my own application has moved forward a little too. Been a long time waiting without word.

Basically you have to supply a urine sample with a nurse. Then she will check your bmi, body fat weight etc followed by your height..they will then conduct a hearing test..when you pass that you will be sent up to the doctor who conducts an eye test on you as well as examining other parts of your body etc. they are extremely nice people. Hope this helps...Any other Q’s fire away?

Thanks for that. Do you know what is acceptable maximum BMI? And how long from interview to medical? Have I a chance to shed a few kg’s? Just after eating a packet of chrisps and really regretting it now! Lol!

Bazm00re wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Do you know what is acceptable maximum BMI? And how long from interview to medical? Have I a chance to shed a few kg’s? Just after eating a packet of chrisps and really regretting it now! Lol!

I don’t know the maximum I’d only be guessing if I was to tell you, but to be honest I don’t think you have to be an athlete to pass it..in regards to the length of time from interview to medical again it would be impossible to estimate..I’m going to say I had my interview towards the end of 2017 and had my medical towards the end of this summer ‘18...when did you do your interview...what flavour haha

Bmi of 30 or below pass
    Bmi 30 to 35 you have 12 weeks to get below 30
    Bmi above 35 straight fail

Bmi of 30 or below pass
    Bmi 30 to 35 you have 12 weeks to get below 30
    Bmi above 35 straight fail

Ah dead on, I am sitting at 28.1! Just nice to know where the goal posts are.i has my interview in Dublin back in September 2017 and I have only got the local station interview on Sunday next. Still a bit to go, but just happy to be moving again.

Happy days

No post today....thought we would have got the detailed letter by now

• Advertisement

No post today....thought we would have got the detailed letter by now[/quoti

Bit of a pain yeah but none the less our dates are in now so tbh I wouldn’t mind if the letter came on the Friday before we started

Advertisement