Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Skydiver1961

Commissioner just announced 100 new recruits to be join this quarter at the Police Authority Monthly Meeting
    ...All good news

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jb969665

Commissioner just announced 100 new recruits to be join this quarter at the Police Authority Monthly Meeting
    ...All good news
    I tried to find the section on the video where he talk about the reserves,but I couldn't find it..Do you know what part of the video it's on?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭paddyCPW

jb969665 wrote: »
    I tried to find the section on the video where he talk about the reserves,but I couldn't find it..Do you know what part of the video it's on?

Do you have link?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭paddyCPW

Found it

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

Did u get a chance to ring them today

• Advertisement

Hyneser03 wrote: »
    Did u get a chance to ring them today

No I didn't get a chance today.I'll ring them in the morning and let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Willm5499

Just watched the meeting today with the Policing Authority and commissioner. He says that they are on track to bring the 100 into the organisation in the first quarter. The whole setup will be different & conditions changing. He said they want the reserves to know what's expected of them from the start & giving them training for a wider range of tasks.....

Willm5499 wrote: »
    Just watched the meeting today with the Policing Authority and commissioner. He says that they are on track to bring the 100 into the organisation in the first quarter. The whole setup will be different & conditions changing. He said they want the reserves to know what's expected of them from the start & giving them training for a wider range of tasks.....

What part of the clip does he discuss the Reserves?I must habe missed it

No I didn't get a chance today.I'll ring them in the morning and let you know

Good man thanks

Willm5499 wrote: »
    Oh really that’s good I wonder what sort of other tasks will they be giving us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Willm5499

What part of the clip does he discuss the Reserves?I must habe missed it

It's about 10-15 mins in. If you go onto YouTube & subscribe to the Policing Authority page you will never miss a meeting...

No news yet today guys ?

I phoned this morning...I was transferred to a Sergeants office but no answer..went back to the main number and the person i spoke to said she doesn't have any dealings with the Reserve section..she did however say that there's rooms booked for that weekend 23/24th March in the college.

I phoned this morning...I was transferred to a Sergeants office but no answer..went back to the main number and the person i spoke to said she doesn't have any dealings with the Reserve section..she did however say that there's rooms booked for that weekend 23/24th March in the college.

Pity they couldn’t tell ya more like we should be getting the info on Monday cause like it’s nearly like 20 days till we going down and no info yet

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

At this stage we should have something.....

gem112 wrote: »
    At this stage we should have something.....

Ya man we should by Monday or Tuesday the latest

Hope so.... need to try sort leave in work

Did anyone ring HQ and ask ?

Hope so.... need to try sort leave in work

Ya same man haven’t said anything to my manager yet

Rang the other day and got nowhere

• Advertisement

Did anyone ring HQ and ask ?

I’d be afraid they would recognise me ringing them again 😂

I know the feeling

I know the feeling

Even though I need to know have to tell my manager next week regardless like

Was thinking of setting up a whatsapp group for those of us headding down the 23rd.... pm me if you are interested

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kellie23

Was thinking of setting up a whatsapp group for those of us headding down the 23rd.... pm me if you are interested

I’d be interested gem, good idea :)

Kellie23 wrote: »
    I’d be interested gem, good idea :)

Good idea,Gem .. I just PM you there

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Skydiver1961

There are a number of groups at present on the go.

We have GR National Group for those who complete training and become attested. This includes members from all over the country

Well did anyone here anything today ?

There are a number of groups at present on the go.

We have GR National Group for those who complete training and become attested. This includes members from all over the country

Tahts a good thing what do ye normally do in that group ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Just wondering lads, Been always kinda interested in joining the garda but joining the reserve would prob be the best bet for me and get some experience before going all out in if you get me, currently in college and would like to get in some experience, whats the story with the recruitment am I too late for 2019?

Advertisement