Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Analytics/Data Warehousng/IM Jobs in Melbourne

Options
  • 16-09-2014 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭

My team has a number of open positions for AGILE Iteration Managers, Business Analysts, Senior and Junior Data Analysts (SAS/Teradata/Hadoop/MapR). Jobs are based in Melbourne (and possibly Sydney CBD) with a large telecoms company.
    Opportunity to play with shiny new Big Data toys!

PM me if you have any of above skills and are interested. PR preferred but can sponsor if exceptionally well qualified.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

Interesting. I'm currently working in this area in Brisbane and specifically in the big data/Hadoop space. I see this area growing rapidly over the next year or so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

colman1212 wrote: »
    Interesting. I'm currently working in this area in Brisbane and specifically in the big data/Hadoop space. I see this area growing rapidly over the next year or so...

Yep. It's going to be an "in demand" skill-set, so lots of money to be made by consultants/contractors!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

Is there anything happening in Customer Service, Video Conferencing or Events?

Would be very interested if so

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Is there anything happening in Customer Service, Video Conferencing or Events?

Would be very interested if so

Looking forward to hearing from you!

No idea, sorry. It's a large company and I am not familiar within any of these areas recruiting needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

jackbhoy wrote: »
    No idea, sorry. It's a large company and I am not familiar within any of these areas recruiting needs.

No problem thanks for the quick reply :)

I'm heading over in 4 weeks so on the look out for jobs places to stay etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

It's interesting to see all the different 'flavours' of agile now. I'm very surprised they're advertising agile roles and then mention the traditional 'iteration managers', 'business analysts' etc. A true Agile practice would surely try to lure component Agile team members with more appealing titles such as 'scrum masters', 'product owners', 'scrum team members' etc.

Not to sound like a complete Agile totalitarian but I've gone to a few interviews and ask about agile and describe my experiences with agile and end up sounding like a we are speaking different languages. The IT industry is being turned on it's head. Agile doesn't work for everyone but there is a gap emerging where people who knew the old waterfall method and have adapted agile and then the people who have recently graduated and never experienced waterfall and who, in my opinion struggle to really use it to it's potential.

Sorry for the rant. I'll ask around as I know some people in Melbourne looking for work and will let you know.

It's interesting to see all the different 'flavours' of agile now. I'm very surprised they're advertising agile roles and then mention the traditional 'iteration managers', 'business analysts' etc. A true Agile practice would surely try to lure component Agile team members with more appealing titles such as 'scrum masters', 'product owners', 'scrum team members' etc.

Not to sound like a complete Agile totalitarian but I've gone to a few interviews and ask about agile and describe my experiences with agile and end up sounding like a we are speaking different languages. The IT industry is being turned on it's head. Agile doesn't work for everyone but there is a gap emerging where people who knew the old waterfall method and have adapted agile and then the people who have recently graduated and never experienced waterfall and who, in my opinion struggle to really use it to it's potential.

Sorry for the rant. I'll ask around as I know some people in Melbourne looking for work and will let you know.

Thanks.

Yeah, there are a lot of Agile people out there looking for shedloads of $$$ because they are Agile certified up the whazoo and think they know how to solve the worlds ills, but when they come on board they struggle with real world where you have to use old school PM (and people) skills and manage stakeholders who don't have any interest in Agile.

I find some Agile people way too dogmatic in that they try to shoehorn everything into strict Agile methodology when it is not a panacea for every type of work flow.

I don't really mind about titles, as long as they have good core skills in things like IM/BA the rest is easy.

Please send any good candidates on, if they are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭darcy07

whats the money like for IMs and Ba roles I am currently a Product Owner in an agile team

darcy07 wrote: »
    whats the money like for IMs and Ba roles I am currently a Product Owner in an agile team

Very much dependent on experience but I'd imagine somewhere in region of $110-130k pre super and performance based bonus (currently c. 12.5%).

Advertisement