Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Fees

Options
  • 16-09-2014 8:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Looking to change credit card issuer.  What are the foreign exchange costs if I make non euro purchases on a credit card issued by you.  Credit card to be of a type with no annual fees.
    Do not want to know interest rates on purchases as we pay off in full monthly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Drewgt wrote: »
    Looking to change credit card issuer.  What are the foreign exchange costs if I make non euro purchases on a credit card issued by you.  Credit card to be of a type with no annual fees.
    Hi Drewgt, 

Many thanks for your post and for considering Bank of Ireland for your credit card needs. 

You can compare our credit card types, fees and charges here 
    Each credit card page has an online application and if you have any questions, a representative will be happy to help on 0818 200 343.
    There is also a page on 'Guidance on our credit card facilities' that you mind find useful here

I hope this helps and thanks again for considering Bank of Ireland. 

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Drewgt

Hi Drewgt, 

Many thanks for your post and for considering Bank of Ireland for your credit card needs. 

You can compare our credit card types, fees and charges 
    Each credit card page has an online application and if you have any questions, a representative will be happy to help on 0818 200 343.
    There is also a page on 'Guidance on our credit card facilities' that you mind find useful

Billy
    Hi Billy

I didn't ask for links.  You have not answered my question.

Andrew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Just click the link Andrew. All the info is there in a table format. It's not that difficult to click and read.

Classic/Student Credit Card Cross Border Handling Fee is 2.25% value of transaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Drewgt, 

You can compare our credit card types, fees and charges 
    There is also a page on 'Guidance on our credit card facilities' that you mind find useful

Billy
    Hi Billy

I didn't ask for links.  You have not answered my question.

Andrew
    Hi Andrew, 

Thanks for your post. 

The cross-border handling fee for the Classic Credit Card is 2.25%. 
    There are no annual fees for this card however the annual Government Stamp Duty applies to the card. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Recently increased from 1.75% I believe. What is the reason for this increase?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Drewgt

ardmacha wrote: »

Thanks for the info.   Certainly BOI won't be on my shopping list at that cost.   
    It was a tentative enquiry from BOI anyway as I'm not well disposed to you after several issues over the years that my family have had. 

Thanks Again   

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

ardmacha wrote: »

Hi ardmacha,

We would not be in a position to get into the reasons for our Credit Card fees policy here on Boards.

Please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement