Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Borussia Dortmund vs Arsenal (KO 19:45 16/09)

• 16-09-2014 8:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭

gun__1314342455_ucl_dortmund_arsenal.jpg

Borussia Dortmund
    • Jurgen Klopp could field a similar team to the one that beat Freiburg 3-1 at the weekend, although Sven Bender should start in central midfield.
    • Dortmund still have plenty of players out through injury, while Hummels and Blaszczykowski are lacking match fitness and aren't yet ready to return.
    • Adrian Ramos could lead the line, though Immobile and Aubameyang are both available too.
    • Jojic and Kagawa trained away from the main group on Monday but will still be available to play

Arsenal
    • Even if Mathieu Debuchy was fit he would miss out through suspension, having been sent off against Besiktas in Arsenal's playoff and also stretchered off during the draw with Man City at the weekend.
    • Arsene Wenger confirmed that Nacho Monreal hasn't travelled so he will call upon Kieran Gibbs at left-back after the he recovered from his latest injury.
    • Calum Chambers has a slight knock but should be fine to start. (Has ebola now though)
    • Santi Cazorla will hope for a start, potentially in place of Mesut Özil who was ineffective on Saturday.
    • Cramp forced Danny Welbeck off at the weekend but that shouldn't stop him from playing. If it does, Sanchez could play through the middle and Cazorla or Oxlade-Chamberlain could come in on the right.

3-3 draw. Sure why not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Due to injuries to seems to be a good time to be playing Dortmund. The reverse is also true.

2-1 Arse, sure why not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Looking forward to this one, pick of the opening night games by a distance. Tough one to call but I'd go with a draw or a narrow home win if there's to be a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

3-1 Dortmund. Should be a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Just panicked there when I saw that ITV and TV3 are showing the Liverpool vs Lundogorets, however this small fixture has thankfully managed to squeeze it's way onto Setanta Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Confident of a win for arsenal for some reason. Let's say two nil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

I fancy an Arsenal win here too. Showed enough signs at the weekend that the team is starting to click.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Just panicked there when I saw that ITV and TV3 are showing the Liverpool vs Lundogorets, however this small fixture has thankfully managed to squeeze it's way onto Setanta Ireland.
    We never get on Irish TV ahead of United or Liverpool, but I'm not getting ITVs logic, this is a far better/bigger game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Im predicting a 3-1 win for the arsenal, dortmund arent the team they were last year in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

We never get on Irish TV ahead of United or Liverpool, but I'm not getting ITVs logic, this is a far better/bigger game.

Liverpool's first game back in Europe will definitely get more views than Arsenal even though that game will certainly be more of a spectacle. Even more so in Ireland. It's always been the way in the CL, if their is a Liverpool or United game on they usually always get preference no matter how dreary the opposition is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Im predicting a 3-1 win for the arsenal, dortmund arent the team they were last year in my opinion

Where did you get this from? Lewandowski is the only player who's left and they've added Ramos, Immobile, Kagawa and Ginter.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

More confident of a result against Dortmund than I was against City. We won there last year, don't see why we can't this year. Will be a dull match though I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Lukker- wrote: »
    Liverpool's first game back in Europe will definitely get more views than Arsenal even though that game will certainly be more of a spectacle. Even more so in Ireland.
    Oh I'm resigned to it in Ireland, ITV though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Where did you get this from? Lewandowski is the only player who's left and they've added Ramos, Immobile, Kagawa and Ginter.
    Where did i get my opinion from?!

Some of their most important players are out for tonight, sahin, reus, gundogan, hummels etc, dont see the danger in them tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

It is their first CL in 5 years, so I suppose it is a pretty big deal, even though it's a low key match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

5 times winners back in the European Cup ;) is bound to be the first pick for ITV, I'll guess that RTE2 will show the return leg next Wednesday for the same reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Lukker- wrote: »
    Liverpool's first game back in Europe will definitely get more views than Arsenal even though that game will certainly be more of a spectacle. Even more so in Ireland. It's always been the way in the CL, if their is a Liverpool or United game on they usually always get preference no matter how dreary the opposition is.

Hopefully it won't be a problem for the knockout stages.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Where did i get my opinion from?!

Some of their most important players are out for tonight, sahin, reus, gundogan, hummels etc, dont see the danger in them tonight

Weidenfeller

Piszczek Sokratis Subotic Durm

Bender Jojic

Mkhitaryan Kagawa Grosskreutz

Ramos

Not exactly a bad possible team. With Aubameyang, Immobile, Ginter, Schmelzer on the bench. Not saying that they'll beat Arsenal, but you're seriously under rating them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

5 times winners back in the European Cup ;) is bound to be the first pick for ITV, I'll guess that RTE2 will show the return leg next Wednesday for the same reason.

They don't play return legs the following week in the Champions League these days. Hopefully Liverpool fans aren't expecting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Man Utd and Liverpool are the two big draws in the UK for viewers. ITV want the ratings and the bigger advert revenue that's comes with higher viewers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Godge wrote: »
    They don't play return legs the following week in the Champions League these days. Hopefully Liverpool fans aren't expecting it.

Its been so long....:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭DvB

2-0 to Dortmund.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I wonder why Wanderers FA Cup matches never get covered by tele ? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Looking forward to this one, pick of the opening night games by a distance. Tough one to call but I'd go with a draw or a narrow home win if there's to be a winner.

Change of plan actually, I'm apparently watching Eastenders tonight. Can any Liverpool fans fill me in on the last few years? Is Pat Butcher still in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Change of plan actually, I'm apparently watching Eastenders tonight. Can any Liverpool fans fill me in on the last few years? Is Pat Butcher still in it?

Never watch the omnibus? Anyway Arsenal fan so can't help you- I think Sonia is back and looking for lady love (urgh Sonia)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Return leg next Wednesday? Ye've been out for a while but not quite that long...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Arsenal are more than good enough to win this.
    Depends on their frame of mind and manager's instructions though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I reckon 1-0 to Arsenal with the goal coming from Welbeck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Shinji Kagawa will be out to show Premier League fans what he's capable of doing with a manager who believes in him.

2-1 BVB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

I can smell goals in this one, from both sides. Kagawa will be one for us to watch out for now that he's being played centrally again. While our defense will be pretty makeshift, I think we have the firepower to stay toe to toe with Dortmund tonight and I just about fancy us to sneak a win, considering they're missing some very important players.

Just to point out, Arsenal are 16/5 for this and I've had a punt on it because I think the bookies are highly overpricing us, hopefully I'm not wrong. I'll guess a 3-2 win for Arsenal, sure why not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Gonna go for a 2-1 win to Arsenal. Think we should have too much firepower for them. Need to keep it tight at the back and hopefully our pace up front will be enough to catch them on the break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

Really looking forward to this, the way both teams play should make for a very exciting match. Lat year's fixture were brilliant, edge of the seat stuff. It seemed that at any moment, either team could be within 10 seconds of scoring. Hopefully tonight will live up to those standards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Is this on sky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Raf32 wrote: »
    Is this on sky?

yeah & setanta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

#Arsenal team to play Dortmund: Szczesny, Bellerin, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Alexis, Ozil, Welbeck #BORvAFC

#Arsenal subs: Ospina, Chambers, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Campbell, Podolski #BORvAFC

Sky Go it is!

• Advertisement

#Arsenal team to play Dortmund: Szczesny, Bellerin, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Alexis, Ozil, Welbeck #BORvAFC

#Arsenal subs: Ospina, Chambers, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Campbell, Podolski #BORvAFC

Chamber who is unwell is the only replacement defender on the bench ?????

Chamber who is unwell is the only replacement defender on the bench ?????
    Im guessing hes deemed fit enough to play otherwise we would see Hayden there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

BxrCyPgIUAAHOCq.jpg

Sky Go hooked up! Let's go!

Good luck to Arsenal's newest right-back --

"Hector the Protector"

• Advertisement

Good luck to Arsenal's newest left-back --

"Hector the Protector"
    Hopefully he remembers hes supposed to be on the right;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Loving the amount of pace in the arsenal team. We had none at all at some stages last year

jonny666 wrote: »
    Loving the amount of pace in the arsenal team. We had none at all at some stages last year

As long as they're as quick getting back too :rolleyes:

Hopefully he remembers hes supposed to be on the right;)

I have the left side on the brain.
    It always worries me. Even more than the right tonight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I'm excited by Bellerin starting. He's lightning and has a good cross. Welbz to score his first arsenal goal this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I'm excited by Bellerin starting. He's lightning and has a good cross. Welbz to score his first arsenal goal this evening

+1, looking forward to see how Bellerin does.
    Hoping Ozil has a big game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Gutted Ramos isnt starting, had backed him FGS. This should be a cracking game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Still amazed that this isn't the game on RTE/ITV. Anywho, I can't wait for this game. Potential to be a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I'd love to see a game in that stadium. Atmosphere always sounds great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That_Guy wrote: »
    Still amazed that this isn't the game on RTE/ITV. Anywho, I can't wait for this game. Potential to be a cracker.
    You are joking, right? Anytime Liverpool, United or Celtic are involved in the CL, they'll be on Irish telly. Doesn't matter how glamourous any other game on that night might be. This is potentially way more entertaining than Liverpool's game is likely to turn out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement