Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dingle sprint tri

Options
  • 16-09-2014 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

Going down this weekend for the inaugural dingle sprint triathlon. The Olympic has been running for a few years and was hoping for a little feed back.

The weather looks great and looking forward to the race. But it'll be sad to say goodbye to the 2014 season :(

Link: http://dingletriathlon.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Shoppingbike

This is a good well organised friendly event, the guy who organises is into the adventure sport himself. Last year the weather was not great and I was glad I only did the duathlon as the sea looked pretty grim that day. The run parts are fairly innocuous, although you will be in dingle town it should be quiet enough in the morning. The sprint cycle has 2 challenging hills - mam na gaoithe - after about 10/11k and a killer 3km from the end - leataoibh. The swim is the swim so expect anything. There was plenty of support from the coastguard and local boatmen last year so will be grand. I'm not doing it this year as I thought I would let someone else have the opportunity to finish last :-) always a good weekend in dingle.

Advertisement