Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connemara Rough Diamond - obstacle course

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Think I passed you on le beach too...black shorts and top?

Ah they would have been at that stage. Started out grey though :) I kept my eye out for blue brooks but they were everywhere.

Did you have a blue Zip top on?

Man, I suffered on that beach. Some wind out! How did you find it altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Ah they have been at that stage. Started out grey though :) I kept my eye out for blue brooks but they were everywhere.

Did you have a blue Zip top on?

Man, I suffered on that beach. Some wind out! How did you find it altogether?

Yeah me brooks got a good cleaning running through the stream on the beach. Had blue astana cycling shirt on but black and red gillet on top at that stage. Loved it but was seriously cramping on the bike after the beach. Face is seriously windburned/sandblasted now. Thought the course was alot better than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Animella

I think I passed you by at the beach. Dark hair, purple head band and purple runners. I'd say Dakar would have passed you on the opposite direction at the grassy bit on the beach?

Well, that's if it was you. I had il luminous green socks on, cos I'm fashionable like!

Yep that was me - struggling big time so didn't really notice people overtaking me. (How dare you pass an old lady out like that?? ) And yes, met Dakar coming down just as got off the beach. He was flying but I got my birthday greeting in!

Are there results anywhere?

Animella wrote: »
    Yep that was me - struggling big time so didn't really notice people overtaking me. (How dare you pass an old lady out like that?? ) And yes, met Dakar coming down just as got off the beach. He was flying but I got my birthday greeting in!

Are there results anywhere?

Haven't seen them yet. They only announced the winner's cause there was a problem with the times. Might be a few days

Yep. Made it interesting to say the least. Missed the start of the expert by 20 mins somehow so we just took off on our own. Caught a few on the way round so did well. Really enjoyed the beach traverse and great banter all the way round. Marshals were full of encouragement. Conditions weren't great but everyone got on with it. Didn't notice any of ye as we were scrambling from the start but well done everyone.

...now wine pints pizza and some relax time. See ye next year.

Awful you missed the start. I'd have been really annoyed- they said they wouldn't start till 10.45 but they actually started it at 10.32 ( by my watch anyway).

Didn't know there was a problem will results. Will have to quell my curiosity a few days so :-(

• Advertisement

Awful you missed the start. I'd have been really annoyed- they said they wouldn't start till 10.45 but they actually started it at 10.32 ( by my watch anyway).

Didn't know there was a problem will results. Will have to quell my curiosity a few days so :-(
    Ah no bother really.we were dropping our bikes down so missed it. We started at 10.50 after a bit of confusion. Tbh its our own fault for messing around at the start and not paying attention. Made for a lonely climb up the diamond but how bad. He said they'd have the results sorted asap so hopefully sooner rather than later.

Results are up guys!

Happy with my F vet placing - it's all relative! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Results up on Red Tag Timing http://www.redtagtiming.com

My second adventure race - did the Sport - only registered on Friday due to an incomplete team representing my club. Had a running injury entering the race so wasn't supposed to do any racing, hills, trails, or anything above 5km! Unchecked all the boxes. Very well organised, didn't have any issues at all.

I started off a few rows back, gradually made my way up, did the first two stages at >95% max HR! Kudos to two solos who let me draft behind them for a few km before T3. Beach was good fun despite the headwind. I missed my clipless pedals on the final cycle. Finished in 13th place overall :)

Heard a few reports of one guy drafting behind a van :( Bad form and sad if true!

My results aren't up :(

I dabbed at each checkpoint, wtf like!

My results aren't up :(

I dabbed at each checkpoint, wtf like!

That's disappointing (and moves me one more place down!) Did you email redtagtiming?

• Advertisement

That's disappointing (and moves me one more place down!) Did you email redtagtiming?

Yeah, it was all my fault. I gave the chip to an organiser instead of the tag people. They are sorting it out for me :)

Ah I did the expert route, your placing is safe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Got a text from my cousin on Saturday evening wanting to know if I was still going to be in Connemara on Sunday morning.

'Yeah, sure, meet up for coffee, be grand' I thought.

'We're climbing Diamond Mountain as part of the Climb a Hill for Jack and Jill' she said. Considering that she was doing it in memory of her wee daughter who had need of their services, well, I couldn't say no. So back up the mountain on Sunday morning we went. All the way up this time. Fairly blew away the hangover that I'd worked hard on acquiring on Saturday night, I can tell you. And boy do I have a deeper respect for what you guys who did the expert course put yourselves through... :)

Well done Dakar. One way of clearing the head. Would actually love to climb to the top of Diamond mountain - minus a hangover though!

The Jack and Jill Children's foundation do amazing work, we had some support from them when my own daughter was a baby.

Hope you get your results soon Senor Fancy Pants.

Delighted I did the Rough Diamond anyway. Roll on Sea2 Summit now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Yeah, it was all my fault. I gave the chip to an organiser instead of the tag people. They are sorting it out for me :)

Ah I did the expert route, your placing is safe :)

In fairness if it's RedTag they are good at sussing out results. They'll use video to place you at the finish line and work from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 TJGer

I was probably one of those 2 Micilin Muc. You're Trisport? I'd the Achill Roar top on. We worked hard to catch ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

TJGer wrote: »
    I was probably one of those 2 Micilin Muc. You're Trisport? I'd the Achill Roar top on. We worked hard to catch ya!

That was me! Very much appreciated, even if I did lose a place or two!

How are the legs? I'm still recovering!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 TJGer

Legs are sound now. Took a day or two though! Back training, looking forward to Sea2Summit. Ye have a good club there. Pat and Maries young lad will be a force to be reckoned with before too long!

Advertisement