Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I join the college?

Options
  • 16-09-2014 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hello. I failed a supplemental exam in my first year of college in Trinity. I want to do a different course here.

I am not sure how do I apply to enter a course,do I need to use the CAO? I have enough points for the course I want.

Also,what are the fees for this year?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

It's too late to enter through CAO - the deadline passed a good while back. CAO works on a one-time offer, it doesn't work that you can accept the next one down if you have already accepted the first one, as far as I know. Classes have started this week so it's something you need to contact the college about. I'm not sure they will allow you in unless there are exceptional circumstances as places have been allotted for those who applied, but you should definitely get in contact and see what they say.

Fees vary depending on what course you are doing; the Student Contribution Charge is €2750 this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

J_E wrote: »
    Student Contribution Charge is €2750 this year.
    Unfortunately, the state only pays once for each year of your degree. If you start first year of something else, you'll have to pay the fee that applies to a non-EU student for first year, and the student contribution thereafter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

jrmb wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the state only pays once for each year of your degree. If you start first year of something else, you'll have to pay the fee that applies to a non-EU student for first year, and the student contribution thereafter.

That's correct, hence I said the tuition fee will vary, it depends on course. For example mine are €1700 but someone else's could be less.

Advertisement