Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT - 30th Birthday Party Cork - LOCATION REQUIRED

Options
  • 16-09-2014 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,

I urgently need your help!

I am organising a surprise 30th birthday party in Cork City on the 4th Oct for my Sister. I had booked an area behind the bar in SoHo for 50 people, however 70 people have confirmed this week that they will be attending the party. (Disaster)

Can anyone please suggest another bar in Cork City that could cater for 70 people and provide finger food?

Any suggests would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

LittleMiss Princess

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Little Miss Princess I have moved your thread to the Cork City forum which should provide you with more local answers.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

At a guess - Woodford or Bodega would accomodate without any issues.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

The Hub over by angelsea st ? they do a lot of craft beer and cater to parties

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I'd stick with the original booking. I wouldn't be too worried about numbers - people will come and go at different times, and people who say they're going won't turn up - always happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I wouldn't say the Woodford would be big enough to accommodate that many Gimmick, the Bodega would manage it no problem I'd say but it's a bit short notice - they tend to book up fast for parties/hens.

I think what the previous poster suggested about sticking with the SoHo booking would be best - sure there's not going to be all 70 people there at the one time - I'm sure it'll be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

get back onto soho and enquire about the room on the top floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Soho have a private VIP bar too that they'd give you if it's not already booked. It's not that big of an ask to stretch from 50-70 when it's all finger food anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

What! Where's my invite! *notes time and place in diary and shows up anyway*

Really though, just say it to Soho's that there might be some more people. Will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Clancys do private parties aswell.

Was at a graduation party there last year and they were doing the best deal compared to Soho.

Advertisement