Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit card skimmed

Options
  • 16-09-2014 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi , I received a letter from BOI saying that my visa debit card details may have been compromised as a result of a recent card skimming incident. I received a new card in the post. My question is , it says if you intend to travel abroard in the coming days , ensure you have alternative means of payment? I am travelling to the UK and have used my debit card to book eg. airport parking and it will need my card to validate this? Will I be able to use my new visa debit in London.Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Judy09, 

Many thanks for your post. 

As you have received and activated your new card, this will work abroad where the Visa symbol/logo is displayed. The previous letter was sent prior to receiving your new card.

As you intend to travel, we would advise calling Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 and a representative can place a note on your account about your travel arrangements. Representative assisted hours are 8am – 12midnight Mon – Fri and 9am – 6pm Sat, Sun and Bank/Public Holidays.

I hope this helps. 

Billy 

Advertisement