Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help pet waste disposal!

Options
  • 16-09-2014 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Can anyone recommend a way to dispose of a large household bin full of animal excrement??
    Bin is also full of rain water, so person cant really take it to the dump as water will spill everywhere and Im not entirely sure that would even be allowed.

Even posting this is making me feel ill....

Comments

All i can really think about is rubber gloves bleach. Put alot of bleach in and try poring a bit at a time directly into the drain ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 annabelle79

Thanks for the reply,
    Theres no drain in the garden it is in - well none that can be accessed easily.

Does anyone think that the household waste collection people might take the lot? bin and all?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭coley

Can anyone recommend a way to dispose of a large household bin full of animal excrement??
    Bin is also full of rain water, so person cant really take it to the dump as water will spill everywhere and Im not entirely sure that would even be allowed.

Even posting this is making me feel ill....

Can you bury it?
    Or possibly dispose of it in a septic tank?

There's no exposed soil nearby that it could be buried in. No septic tank either.... getting it to a septic tank would be an issue too due to the water in it.
    Thanks though Coley

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

What about soaking up the water with cat litter/wood pellets? If it's all solid it's easier to dispose of...

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    What about soaking up the water with cat litter/wood pellets? If it's all solid it's easier to dispose of...

Thats a good idea, would prob make it pretty heavy, but heavy is better than S*tty water everywhere......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

You could contact a septic tank emptying company, all they do is stick a pipe down into the tank and suck up the waste, so maybe if you call them and explain your predicament they might be able to help. They'll probably charge their standard fee for it though.

Failing that, can you wheel the bin onto a grassy/soil area of the garden and drill a few holes in the bottom to let the water drain out?

I have to ask though, who would fill a bin full of waste? That's just insane.

You could contact a septic tank emptying company, all they do is stick a pipe down into the tank and suck up the waste, so maybe if you call them and explain your predicament they might be able to help. They'll probably charge their standard fee for it though.

Failing that, can you wheel the bin onto a grassy/soil area of the garden and drill a few holes in the bottom to let the water drain out?

I have to ask though, who would fill a bin full of waste? That's just insane.

I agree it is insane and stupid, unless it is emptied very regularly, this one clearly wasnt and I dont know how long for either...

There is no grassy area of the garden nor soil!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

New Home wrote: »
    I'd go with wood pellets (the burning kind; don't buy "pet wood pellets" or you'll pay 3x the price for the same thing). They will form a goo you should be able to scope up into plastic bags to throw away. Before pouring them in though I'd strongly recommend simply using buckets to get most of the water out and flush it down the toilet.

Advertisement