Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

playstation support lost my ps4

Options
  • 16-09-2014 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭

just wondering has anyone had any issue before with their console going missing
    i sent one back over two months ago, iv rang them countless times to be told ring back next week that they should have an answer on it and that its being escalated each and every time
    so just off the phone again to be told by this guy that basically its lost the repair center has lost it and again im told its been escalated and i should receive a response in a week
    all they have done is fob me off ,no guarantee of when ill actually receive a replacement or anything im fuming €400 for it to break then for it to be lost :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well I havent heard of it happen but im sure if you kick up enough of a fuss they will give you a few freebies with a brand new system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Get back on the phone and ask 3 times to speak to a supervisor . Tell the super that you want a replacement sent out imediately or you will be asking for a refund from Sony or you will take them to the small claims court for a total refund as the time it has taken for the repair is well over the statutory 28 days acceptable time for repair. Afaik that rule actually applies in Eire as well as UK .

Even Pissy World give you that warranty...if it aint sorted within 28 days you get your money back.

2 months is a completely unreasonable time to wait for a repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Get back on the phone and ask 3 times to speak to a supervisor . Tell the super that you want a replacement sent out imediately or you will be asking for a refund from Sony or you will take them to the small claims court for a total refund as the time it has taken for the repair is well over the statutory 28 days acceptable time for repair. Afaik that rule actually applies in Eire as well as UK .

Even Pissy World give you that warranty...if it aint sorted within 28 days you get your money back.

2 months is a completely unreasonable time to wait for a repair.

just off the phone with them again i was trying to get a supervisor and they all refused.
    i was told they will pass the notes onto their supervisor and have it dealt with asap.
    its basically the same fob story again, i even quoted the statutory 28 days acceptable time for repair and once again was told it will be sorted asap.
    I guess its going to be a small claims court as i cant get anywhere ringing them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Best way to deal with it is to contact them in a public way - Facebook and Twitter. Bet you'll get a fast response then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

chrislad wrote: »
    Best way to deal with it is to contact them in a public way - Facebook and Twitter. Bet you'll get a fast response then.

Yes this.

Also did you tell them you are refusing to get off the phone until A) you speak to a supervisor and B) you get this issue resolved.

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    Yes this.

Also did you tell them you are refusing to get off the phone until A) you speak to a supervisor and B) you get this issue resolved.

To a point where I got feb up arguing with him I was about to lose it cause he just kept refusing to hand the phone to a supervisor saying it was not possible to just hand the phone over
    Iv since left a post on their twitter will do the same now on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Had a similar situation years ago with a 360 that was broke, returned, still broke, returned me a refurb, dead out of the box.
    This all happened quickly mind you, but still ridiculous. Next time I rang them didn't leave the call until I was promised (and in an email) I would receive a NEW console asap.

OP, don't let them away with this, outrageous service these chancers are at!

GrumPy wrote: »
    Had a similar situation years ago with a 360 that was broke, returned, still broke, returned me a refurb, dead out of the box.
    This all happened quickly mind you, but still ridiculous. Next time I rang them didn't leave the call until I was promised (and in an email) I would receive a NEW console asap.

OP, don't let them away with this, outrageous service these chancers are at!

Can they not just hang up on you,I was thinking that's what would happen me
    It takes up to an hour on hold each time to get through to be hung up on I'd lose the plot
    Iv found other people on twitter that are having the exact same problem as me that they were told it's lost and noting other then being told it's lost has been done about it

sugarman wrote: »
    Youre scaring me now, mines just been sent back!

Ya never know You could be lucky, there's a good few people on twitter who have had theirs lost from the repair centre,plenty giving out about the customer service also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Record the phone call and post it to the net. Start a thread on the larger international sites with a link e.g. The Verge etc. That'll get things moving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

spider_pig wrote: »
    Can they not just hang up on you

No

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If they keep this up the next step would be the small claims court. You'll have to inform them that you are stepping up the claim and bringing them to the small claims court first. That might be enough to get a supervisor on the line. I'd research it first though to see the details of how to go about this.

Just off the phone with them again I think this time iv made some progress (hopefully)
    The guy said the ps4 was lost in transit from either the repair or screening centre that one centre was still waiting for the ps4 from the other
    All my calls over the last two months have went no where despite them telling me it was escalated

A supervisor only intervened yesterday and told the centre they won't be receiving a console to send me one out ASAP and I shouldn't have to make anymore calls regarding it which I hear every time I ring, that if they are on the ball I should have a console by Tuesday

I eventually did just over two weeks ago after being told plenty more lies from them telling me it had been sent when it hadn't.
    it's also cost me over a €10u0 in phone calls to them.
    I've sent multiple complaints too all have gone unanswered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Hit them on the social networks, or bring them to court.

Advertisement