Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline thread 16/09/2014 to 26/11/2014

Comments

Wine is a good alternative to water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Look outside your garden gate love.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

What was wrong with the councils looking after the water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boil notices
    Cryptosporidium
    Lead pipes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

100's of thousands of wasters protesting " WE want it all for FREE" " We don't want to pay for anything " "WE will continue to sponge our dole and rent allowance - but don't wanna pay for Water - like the rest of Europe"

Joke

Not tonight, Josephine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

Joe only keeping an eye on the Twiter Machine...... no mention for us.. maybe he gave up on us??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Joe being abused on Twitter ...never!...anyone got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Robert2012

This one doesn't know if she has a meter installed, but still has strong opinions on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

this wan and her arguments are fairly poor !!

'i'm not opposed to paying for water' !! = 'I'm opposed to paying for water'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Even Joe's getting ratty with IW as a topic now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

what Joe meant to say "I can see the abuse on twitter directed at me which is fair enough, it's dat bloody boards.ie that needs to gerra grip"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Nearly crashed laughing coming in listening to this, the bold John on again. You just can't make this ****e up, this caller wrote to Enda, I'm sure he loved that.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Robert2012

The water meter is on the path outside her bubble..

Should have rung Enda!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

"Eyeghreesh waagghhter"? Never heard of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Wonder is Andrea any relation to Danny

Andrea De Vito.......any relation to....?

170px-Danny_DeVito_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

"andrea Devito" surely someone is going to leap on this:D

pc7 wrote: »
    Wonder is Andrea any relation to Danny
    SNAP!

Whoy Whoy Whoy??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

This woman is delusional.

So, when she's brings her kids to the dentist does she refuse to give over the details so she must have paid full price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

You can tell these people all you want but they just don't want to understand and they just don't want to pay and that's it. The only solution left is to cut them off fullstop and let them put out rain butts.

You give your PPS number when you get a job....................... but obviously most of these cranks never went for a job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I cant take too much more of these accents

Irish water pulled the drain plug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

If you keep passing motions and pulling plugs, you'll be in bother when Irish Water cut you off.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Aaagh, I've lost my feed over the interweb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

One way or another IW is finished. The politicians are already backtracking and vote saving is in overdrive. All the moaning in the world by the Duffy callers won't change that.

A Major Minefield

• Advertisement

I cant take too much more of these accents
    ah Sept, can you not just admire how Corkese just flows lyrically from the tongue...

the_monkey wrote: »
    100's of thousands of wasters protesting " WE want it all for FREE" " We don't want to pay for anything " "WE will continue to sponge our dole and rent allowance - but don't wanna pay for Water - like the rest of Europe"

Joke

Don't know about you, but I don't want to pay the Spanish, French and Germans for my water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

amazing how some boardsies can tell that every objector is unemployed and receiving rent allowance

Joke

We already pay for water. I don't want to pay twice. Oh by the way I work as does my wife and will be attending Saturday's protest as we did the one few weeks ago so you put your stereotyping where the sun doesn't shine :)

I'm back on line listening - I don't know whether to be happy or sad! Maybe I need help....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

2smiggy wrote: »
    this wan and her arguments are fairly poor !!

'i'm not opposed to paying for water' !! = 'I'm opposed to paying for water'
    People just don't get it, pity it's not highlight more, we are already paying for water thru the UNIVERSAL SOCIAL CHARGE, now in my dicitionary, the word universal means, all inclusive, if they want us to pay for water separately then they are going to have to abolish the UNIVERSAL SOCIAL CHARGE, the state casn't have it both ways, we could all well afford to pay these charges, but not pay the USC as well, it's daylight robbery.

Big C wrote: »
    amazing how some boardsies can tell that every objector is unemployed and receiving rent allowance

They know they aren't put putting people in little boxes seems to be par for the course around here.

What's going to be done about public representatives as in TD's and councillors etc, actively encouraging people not to co-operate with IW? Are there consequences for them in effectively promoting anarchy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

It will be hilarious if sinn fein get into power and duffy will be sweating..

Joke[/QUOTE
    We're not getting it for free you clown, we are alread paying thru our UNIVERSAL SOCIAL CHARGE< you clown. Monkey is your right name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

18-25 year olds.

Freeloaders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Big C wrote: »

It's probably an unfair assumption, but I'd say a lot of them are... I would find it hard to believe that if John O'Donovan put as much effort in to looking for a job as he does phoning and protesting that he couldnt get a job somewhere..

It will be hilarious if sinn fein get into power and duffy will be sweating..
    IW could be their greatest vote getter...

We already pay for water. I don't want to pay twice. Oh by the way I work as does my wife and will be attending Saturday's protest as we did the one few weeks ago so you put your stereotyping where the sun doesn't shine :)

You pay for a crap water supply, that's the issue - it's about improving same. I also pay for your crap water supply in my taxes and I also pay for my own as we cannot get a public water supply.

• Advertisement

I do agree that there should be a personal allowance.

I house share with 4 others. We get 30,000 litres allowance.

House next door has 2 parents and 4 children. They get 114,000 litres allowance

Seriously, how much water extra than us would they use? I'd venture that us, with 5 adults, will use a lot more.

It's probably an unfair assumption, but I'd say a lot of them are... I would find it hard to believe that if John O'Donovan put as much effort in to looking for a job as he does phoning and protesting that he couldnt get a job somewhere..

I bet numerous employers are ringing the researchers now to get JOD's number. :cool::cool:

When I was 18, my Dad came home and said, "Me and your Mum are moving." I said, "Where are we going to?". He replied, "It will be too far for you to travel to work."

It was time to stand on my own two feet, clearly!

Lets see what cuts the shinners agree to in the North this week and then come down and lecture us on our budget

Joke
    The rest of Europe doesn't have a UNIVERSAL SOCIAL CHARGE!!!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement