Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline thread 16/09/2014 to 26/11/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Sounds like your 18-25 year old does nutthin' love.......except being a sponge, soaking up our valuable water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Sligo Quay wrote: »
    the_monkey wrote: »
    100's of thousands of wasters protesting " WE want it all for FREE" " We don't want to pay for anything " "WE will continue to sponge our dole and rent allowance - but don't wanna pay for Water - like the rest of Europe"

Joke[/QUOTE
    We're not getting it for free you clown, we are alread paying thru our UNIVERSAL SOCIAL CHARGE< you clown. Monkey is your right name.

do you pay for your electricity ? should this be covered under the universal social charge. you don't get it i'm afraid. it costs money to provide clean water. the more you use ,the more you should pay. don't like it, stick out a bucket , and boil the water you want to consume

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Robert2012

Meanwhile, at Joes' pad in Clontarf...

swimming-pools-filling.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

It's probably an unfair assumption, but I'd say a lot of them are... ..

brilliant reply, proves how on the ball your reasoning is

Lots of Factoids from the UCD lad. Fair play to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

The only way now is no allowances ffs. Everyine pays just like a pint of milk, loaf of bread everyone pays.

When I was a student, we only used water if one of the Mums was coming (and we cleared the floor so you could see it, too)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

People just don't get it, pity it's not highlight more, we are already paying for water thru the UNIVERSAL SOCIAL CHARGE, now in my dicitionary, the word universal means, all inclusive, if they want us to pay for water separately then they are going to have to abolish the UNIVERSAL SOCIAL CHARGE, the state casn't have it both ways, we could all well afford to pay these charges, but not pay the USC as well, it's daylight robbery.

Not quite. We are paying for the water, schools etc through Government borrowing - last year it was €12billion, this year projected to be €6billion. That's just to fund the gap between public expenditure and spending on services, welfare, roads... All that debt is piling up and will need to be paid off by our children.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

2smiggy wrote: »

do you pay for your electricity ? should this be covered under the universal social charge. you don't get it i'm afraid. it costs money to provide clean water. the more you use ,the more you should pay. don't like it, stick out a bucket , and boil the water you want to consume
    I agree, but the UNIVERSAL SOCIAL CHARGE has to go, then we pay for what we use, but at the moment, government hasn't got right on it's side with the unjust USC, they can't have it every way.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

lol what 4 letter word are they saying Joe? Ars*, hole, go on say it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

Can someone get this caller a laxative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

I agree, but the UNIVERSAL SOCIAL CHARGE has to go, then we pay for what we use, but at the moment, government hasn't got right on it's side with the unjust USC, they can't have it every way.

Politics Forum is that way ---->

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

where is he reading those comments from?

neris wrote: »
    Can someone get this caller a laxative
    Nope, it'll muck up the septic tank

Fantastic hosting here.......no-one seems to know who is talking.

Classic Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

"election in 10 months "

does joe know something we dont ?

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I don't like it either, the USC, it's costing me 30-40 euros a week or so. But john o'donovans 'wages' need to be paid every week !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

"election in 10 months "

does joe know something we dont ?

:)

He must be running for something..................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

I have my own well.. I want Tax relief for maintaining it plus all the tax I paid to the state that went in public water systems ...

Do I think that will ever happen.. NO.
    I think I will have a little protest march of my own

Irish Water means to me I only pay for my own water and not others..

• Advertisement

He must be running for something..................
    Well, it won't be a bus. Joe prefers the limo...

I don't like it either, the USC, it's costing me 30-40 euros a week or so. But john o'donovans 'wages' need to be paid every week !!

and mine too

Sounds like Darth Vader just arrived there

so its not the tax breaks its the clean water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

A healthy dose of Sinn Féin bashing there...

Great chest beater here. Who is subsidising his college experience....ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Feck sake even the ads have cork accents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

Bob geldof?

Good to hear Geldof back on the airwaves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

That's just about it - it's your patriotic duty as a citizen to work and pay taxes to help those who cannot support themselves.

Sounds like Bob Geldorf to me...

• Advertisement

'Howzzz it gooin' Joe'

As you man lifts himself up out of bed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Sensible caller alert!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

Enjoy your gold plated pension and cram your waffle...

Is that Bob Geldof?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭scargill

I look in amazement at other EU countries that don't pay the VRT rates we do!

This official.......just like the lpt another joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

This lad is going to give us tears...

Feck off Bob, do you know how much stamp duty I paid? 5 fecking figures now I have to pay property tax on that same property. I pay it but just cause they do it elsewhere doesn't matter. Oh no now they are putting me in bad humour.

Ah......the Scandinavian utopia.

Michael McDowell on the sherry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

scargill wrote: »
    I look in amazement at other EU countries that don't pay the VRT rates we do!

Not many european citizens pay 52% income tax either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Mr BMW, I know the type unfortunately.

He's happy to pay cause it won't make a dent in his pension

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

But the issue isnt to do with the charge its to do with the abysmal way its being set up and communicated. They managed to figure out the bonuses they could afford to pay before a cent has been collected.. its a joke.

My favourite Bob Geldof quote

“You can't trust politicians. It doesn't matter who makes a political speech. It's all lies - and it applies to any rock star who wants to make a political speech as well.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭scargill

borrowing for your wages and pension pal !

Im waiting for Lenihans letter ffs......whats the hold up...here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

This "very modest charge" won't be collected weekly, you utter clown. If it were only €3.50 per week or €14 per month and it could be paid that way, that would be fine. The utter a55holes in charge totally fail to make it easy to collect and will want it in one or two lump sums.
    FFS; years ago the TV Licence people sussed that one out and made it possible to buy weekly licence stamps - is the government so stupid it's totally forgotten the simple things?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

But the issue isnt to do with the charge its to do with the abysmal way its being set up and communicated. They managed to figure out the bonuses they could afford to pay before a cent has been collected.. its a joke.

Priorities, priorities....

• Advertisement

did he take the early retirement ??? did he get promotion in his last year to boost his pension

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement