Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline thread 16/09/2014 to 26/11/2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Ah here give over from whinging over your shop for one day, ffs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

jays the pure fear off liveline today is mental.

they really are scared this ones going down, and this is the best the ol rolodex can get em?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Has anyone else in here registered for IW or am I the only gombeen who filled in the form, gave my pps and sent it back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Joe doesn't care too much for Mick's logic - that the whole Irish Water thing has been whipped up by people with a political agenda and the media. Given of course, that Joe has made a good few programmes on the back of it...............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

The much sought after Scandinavian Model
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0eqYEdY8Eb_Z7pJG3k8-X0RF6Xu56FEYK1IwHjsHkT2QbeSDqTQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

new radio time if Olge comes on

pc7 wrote: »
    Has anyone else in here registered for IW or am I the only gombeen who filled in the form, gave my pps and sent it back?
    Nope, you are not alone. I am so law abiding, it's ridiculous - well, actually my OH insisted.....

Ask him Joe has he ever marched for anything?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Jesus...how easy it would have been to have included a charge on the esb bill allocated for repairs....all the money saved on set up alone could have gone to repairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Sh1t. Dolly birds everywhere won't be able to get their camel eyelashes on Saturday.......

Boo hoo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Shut up bob we can't hear this guy, he must know how Midge Ur felt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

What's the point of your whinge, caller? Simply cater to the marchers with ices, teas and guns. <edit> I mean buns.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    This "very modest charge" won't be collected weekly, you utter clown. If it were only €3.50 per week or €14 per month and it could be paid that way, that would be fine. The utter a55holes in charge totally fail to make it easy to collect and will want it in one or two lump sums.
    FFS; years ago the TV Licence people sussed that one out and made it possible to buy weekly licence stamps - is the government so stupid it's totally forgotten the simple things?

Dead right Dan.

new radio time if Olge comes on

"cough" Ogle......Olge was the post above:D

will ya listen to this tool. OF COURSE you do it when its inconvenient. thats the bloody point.

if it didnt matter it wouldnt be listened to

bet he'd be out if it was about rent increased on his shop :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    If it were only €3.50 per week

That's just about the sum of it - one less pint of black stuff a week (and a cheap pint at that) in exchange for c 1500 pints of H2O.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

"Every other country in Europe pays water charges and property tax" they say. Well, isn't it great that Ireland leads the way in something. The rest of Europe should follow us.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Robert2012

Is that Mrs Brown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

This lad will be back on next week after his shop finds itself targeted on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

did yer man turn on his hairdryer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

a glass of minerals !! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

"Come up in buses from the country".

How insular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

BarryD wrote: »
    That's just about the sum of it - one less pint of black stuff a week (and a cheap pint at that) in exchange for c 1500 pints of H2O.

Or approx. one cigarette a day!

will ya listen to this tool. OF COURSE you do it when its inconvenient. thats the bloody point.

if it didnt matter it wouldnt be listened to

bet he'd be out if it was about rent increased on his shop :D

Well said, its a pity Joe hasnt asked him, would he demsonstrate if that happened to him.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Water charges should have been brought in ten years ago when people could pay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

Your point is your shop is more important than 100'000 people that want to protest.

Caller "Town will be like it was "Funny Friday " on Saturday Joe, people will not come in to shop"

Yes, and that's why the taxi drivers blockaded the airport when licensing was de-regulated, which had nothing to do with the airport.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Never violence says joe. He must have been in st tropez the weekend of the orange order march

• Advertisement

More like an Aggressive Tax System at the moment

one at a time ffs

Your point is your shop is more important than 100'000 people that want to protest.

You see if he had his thinking cap on, a good marketing ploy, would be to offer discount hair extensions to those of the "blue rinse brigade" that would be up marching, problem solved Mr Retailer!!!!

Joe needs to drag the threads of this together. Or alternatively, we could change topic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

in other words the Kells March will be a piss up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

We already pay for water. I don't want to pay twice.
    We don't.

• Advertisement

He sounds like Uncle Albert from Only Fools and Horses

You see if he had his thinking cap on, a good marketing ploy, would be to offer discount hair extensions to those of the "blue rinse brigade" that would be up marching, problem solved Mr Retailer!!!!

the false eyelashes would be good for combating the tear gas

200k to march as well???, think of the overtime for our poor boys and gals in blue...............

lucylu wrote: »
    in other words the Kells March will be a piss up

Think I may wander up to the Kells march sounds like it's going to be fierce craic

Irish Water don't have a spokeman???

What about Elizabeth Arnett? I feel sorry for her, she was doing such a great job for IW. Then they fell off the cliff...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

IW have no spokesperson lol. These idiots are the worst at PR I've ever heard or seen.

88130-26709-grampa-simpson_large.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

the old lad makes a great point. too many people abusing the use of clean water for years.

Who are all these water wasters ffs??????? This is a red herring

We need to wrench some of the snouts out of the public trough and there would be more than enough to pay for the water via the taxes already collected, as was the intention.

IW have no spokesperson lol. These idiots are the worst at PR I've ever heard or seen.

They'll give a written statement - how wonderful.

Thank the Lord it's happy hour where I am!! Slainte to you all!! I'm off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

ThisRegard wrote: »
    We already pay for water. I don't want to pay twice.
    We don't.

Oh so none of our taxes have ever or are at present going towards water infrastructure. Explain that brains.

todays show was brought to you by.

* young Fine Gael.

*ISME

* Irish Water.

and the government.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

pc7 wrote: »

You're archaic, online myself.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement