Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline thread 16/09/2014 to 26/11/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

anyone listening to the news there about the schools looking for job bridge cleaners !!?

The whole system needs someone looking and scrutinizing the jobs advertised. They could even hire someone on job bridge to do it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I hope Comrade Joe is listening to this news report about his beloved "Jobsbridge".

The way he was slapping himself on the back just before the end.. i.e. "We're the only place who highlighted this problem so comprehensively"... makes me think that Duffy was well aware of what was coming up in the headlines... Trying to prove to everybody that Liveline is still relevant and not simply an hour for him to push his own agenda and air his own personal grievances..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Have there been recent cuts in the loss making RTE that I wasnt made aware of 200K Joe Duffy?

They decided to cut the creation of anything even approaching quality original programming decades ago so, no, nothing cut recently.

2smiggy wrote: »
    They could even hire someone on job bridge to do it !

Inspired! Idea of the week award to 2smiggy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

2smiggy wrote: »
    Joe back to that gob ****e Sandra again. Sandra will be looking out the window a long time.

Joe is really acting the prick here. I think it was the Sinn Fein being against it has really pushed him against.

Also the researchers are sure to hand pick the few young people who have had good things to say about it

I am curious to know if Sandra would accept a jobbridge position in any other school other than the one that she can see from her window. She stated the other day that she can't emigrate as she has a young family so I am wondering if she would be willing to travel anywhere within Ireland to get her experience, like most other people starting out working have to do

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

I am curious to know if Sandra would accept a jobbridge position in any other school other than the one that she can see from her window. She stated the other day that she can't emigrate as she has a young family so I am wondering if she would be willing to travel anywhere within Ireland to get her experience, like most other people starting out working have to do

Excuse me, she went to college and graduated so she's entitled to the exact job she wants in the exact place she wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭furiousox

Really poor from Duffy again today, as soon as your man said his full name as gaeilge the anti-shinner radar kicked in.
    He even asked him "Is that the Sinn Fein position, are you a member of Sinn Fein??"
    You could clearly hear his tone becoming more snidey and dismissive towards the caller after that.
    He can come across as being very ill mannered sometimes.

CPL 593H

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Nobody owes any of us a living - unless its RTE with Lottie and Rex Ryan.

One of the shows Rex is involved in even got a mention on Drivetime.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

furiousox wrote: »
    Really poor from Duffy again today, as soon as your man said his full name as gaeilge the anti-shinner radar kicked in.
    He even asked him "Is that the Sinn Fein position, are you a member of Sinn Fein??"
    You could clearly hear his tone becoming more snidey and dismissive towards the caller after that.
    He can come across as being very ill mannered sometimes.

But yet will paint Fianna fail crooks like Ivor callelly is a great light.

Sure didn't joe see him cycling every morning, there was no harm in him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

One of the shows Rex is involved in even got a mention on Drivetime.

Rex was also given an interview on IrelandAM in which Mark Cagney slobbered all over him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Rex was also given an interview on IrelandAM in which Mark Cagney slobbered all over him.

Cagney and Hayes were Gerry's best buds, they're likely to look after Rex. Not excusing it btw (do I even need to say that on here given my views on nepotism in RTE?)….just saying...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

There's no shortage of pals throwing each other bones for fees, in RTE.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

Joe loves a good "poor me" parking story. These drivers obviously dont listen to Joe or they would have parked in the Matter Hospital

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/donegal-cars-fall-foul-of-the-clampers-30604932.html

neris wrote: »
    Joe loves a good "poor me" parking story. These drivers obviously dont listen to Joe or they would have parked in the Matter Hospital

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/donegal-cars-fall-foul-of-the-clampers-30604932.html

Caller: "It's a disgrace Joe, sure how were we to know you had to pay to park? We're from Donegal. And you think they'd let us off as it's the All Ireland Final? etc. etc."
    Joe: So you lost and the match and lost your money too……you lost on the double so to speak? Moriya says I. And do you think there were any Kerry cars clamped yesterday?
    Caller: No Joe, not a single one. I reckon it's the Dublin Traffic Wardens getting their back on Donegal people because we beat them in the semi final.
    Joe: EXPUNGE!

I just had a horrible thought.

Now that Colm Hayes has written an AMAZEBALLS sit-com for Radio and that it "stars" both Colm himself and Rex Ryan and because naturally as it's written by someone who works in RTE it will be the funniest thing ever and as Rex Ryan's comedic star rises due to the amazing success of this wonderful wonderful production we have……wait for it…..

REX RYAN ON FUNNY FRIDAY?

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I think Rex is about 60 years outside the age bracket for allowable 'comedians' on Funny Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭furiousox

Joe loves a good "poor me" parking story....

Here's another one :D

http://www.independent.ie/woman/celeb-news/duffy-on-crutches-after-leg-crushed-26527900.html

CPL 593H

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Clamping on a Sunday Joe, the Lord's day when I'm entitled to park where I like..

Told you he was a tight bastard - Joe Duffy should be buying books to support the economy he claims to always care about (Fiver Friday so to speak) and supporting all the "artists" he has on his show yet he uses the library! And this was when he was on over €450k pa. Hypocrite.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I think Rex is about 60 years outside the age bracket for allowable 'comedians' on Funny Friday.

Yeah, but he's "RTE" and therefore entitled to get fees from every available outlet in RTE. Duffy will he handing out the goody bags of cash to Rex wait until you see.

• Advertisement

Probably a disgruntled caller, who got rudely cut off after the Duffy interviewing 'style'.

Anyone catch the promo so we can find out what's not on the show today? Or is it too early for same? I have to admit to not actually knowing when the promo goes out…...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Anyone catch the promo so we can find out what's not on the show today? Or is it too early for same? I have to admit to not actually knowing when the promo goes out…...

Haughey getting a hiding in a pub on the morning of the budget i thought i heard him say for today

promo is usually between 12.30 - 45 on the Rolando Collins Show

Joe dodges that one, smart enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭sudzs

I'm loving all the callers asking Joe if he'd work for free!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Caller "I don't work for free Joe do you?" good start to the week:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I always thought the walking was free?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

Duffy asks questions of this lad when he knows the answer he wants already.

Haughey getting a hiding in a pub on the morning of the budget i thought i heard him say for today

According to the leading civil servant at the time that was the real reason he missed the budget, not because he fell off a horse.

Joe is like a dog with a bone, he couldn't get the proles angry about the removal of street furniture last week, someone mentions the free walking tours blocking the footpaths, and here we are.

Free walking tours, it's worse than Jobsbridge, so Joe will say.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I always thought the walking was free?

The radio presentation certainly isn't. My TV licence is due soon. :mad:

• Advertisement

Just in, ah balls, did I miss someone asking Joe would he work for free? :eek::mad:

The first caller should organise a protest march/walk.......................(and charge for it).

Wonder is there a JobBridge scheme for this venture? ;):D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

ThisRegard wrote: »
    According to the leading civil servant at the time that was the real reason he missed the budget, not because he fell off a horse.

Joe is like a dog with a bone, he couldn't get the proles angry about the removal of street furniture last week, someone mentions the free walking tours blocking the footpaths, and here we are.

Free walking tours, it's worse than Jobsbridge drawbridge, so Joe will say.

FYP hope you dont mind ..:D

Just in, ah balls, did I miss someone asking Joe would he work for free? :eek::mad:

"These tours are free, aren't they?"
    "I don't work for free, Joe. Do you?"
    <swerve>
    And Joe totally rubbered that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

God forbid, an entrepeur!,but he won't go down well with joe because he doesn't talk like auld Mr Brennan.

Walking tour wars?

For a fella who charges fees to RTE himself and knows the ins and outs of it like the back of his hands I'd say, Joe's acting fairly dumb when it comes to the fees this guy is charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

On the jobbridge/drawbridge theme, I overheard one of my colleagues this morning saying that her friend had just started on a drawbridge scheme. When somebody asked why is it called drawbridge, she said it's because she can still draw the dole.......

• Advertisement

As this is so boring, I'll tell you about the amusing highlight of my weekend.

Was in Belfast with the Nordie Proddy wife herself. We passed Anne Summers and they had a posted in the window saying

"50% off all Rampant Rabbits, Vibrators and Dildos"

So I pointed to the posted and asked herself "Do you thinks that 50% off the price or the length or girth?".

She was not amused. I thought it was funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Personally I would go for this "Business Model" over the Sandymount one
    Suit-Me-Up-Female-Fashion-Model-Renata-8P9A1186.jpg

Joe certainly won't be disclosing that information anyway!

As this is so boring, I'll tell you about the amusing highlight of my weekend.

Was in Belfast with the Nordie Proddy wife herself. We passed Anne Summers and they had a posted in the window saying

"50% off all Rampant Rabbits, Vibrators and Dildos"

So I pointed to the posted and asked herself "Do you thinks that 50% off the price or the length or girth?".

She was not amused. I thought it was funny!

It could be that your 'activity' might be reduced by 50% if you're not careful.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭sudzs

Another topical issue of national importance being covered on Liveline. :rolleyes:

Roger_007 wrote: »
    It could be that your 'activity' might be reduced by 50% if you're not careful.;)

That's already happened. I got married.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Out of interest, how can a pub crawl not promote excessive drinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Losing the will to live listening to this muck.

"This is my main objective"

Well why didn't you say so 20 minutes ago ?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Cork_chick_94

Why has joe such an agenda against this english chap ?

redbuck wrote: »
    Losing the will to live listening to this muck.

Another candidate for worst Lahv Lahn ever……again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement