Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contemporary/Different Panel Garden Fence

• 16-09-2014 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi

I am looking for a panel fence that is bit more modern or different to what is available from the major retailers.

Any suggestions? I was considering buying some wood panels, placing them horizontely acoress a frame and then painting but my DIY skills may not stretch that far!

Thanks in advance

David

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Jimmy_M

Recently, I made some fence panels from 7x1 rough treated timber placed horizontally between vertical 2 x 4.

I was putting them onto an existing ugly block built concrete wall - so anything would have been an improvement but i was really happy with how they turned out.

I got the 2 x 4 rebated in a local joiners. They charged me 20 euros i think to do 7 pieces 1.8m long.
    I then just screwed the 7x1 timber onto the rebated part from the back, so the 7 x 1 was flush with the 2 x 4.
    Then stood it up and used express nails to fix to the wall.
    There were 4 panels approx 2.5m in length and then I had a pillar in on corner which a had to cover up too.

I hadnt done anything like this before (well Id done a few things with wood but not to this scale) - but it was pretty easy. I had intentions to paint the fence myself, but when it was up we liked the knotty wooden look, so we intend to stain it.

I cant put pics up here yet i dont think, but if you send your email address i could send you some.

Advertisement