Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada visa

Options
  • 16-09-2014 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I am confused, I always though you had to get a visa before getting a job, I'm filling a visa form here which asks for job details and documentation. Can I please get advice on this. Also.....where is best place to apply for Canadian visa, also where is the most popular sites to look for jobs, and most popular sites to get a house

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

What form exactly are you filling out?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You do it yourself. No company. Although I seriously wonder what form you're filling out if you're asking what company to apply through.

Indeed.ca

Padmapper.com

Read the FAQ. It's stickied at the top of the forum.

I'm starting to think it's invisible to people!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭W74255

COYVB wrote: »
    What form exactly are you filling out?

Citizen and Immigration Canada www cic ca

Faith wrote: »
    You do it yourself. No company. Although I seriously wonder what form you're filling out if you're asking what company to apply through.

Indeed.ca

Padmapper.com

Read the FAQ. It's stickied at the top of the forum.

I'm starting to think it's invisible to people!

Citizen and Immigration Canada www cic ca

Why are you filling that out if you haven't applied for a visa yet?

• Advertisement

Why are you filling that out if you haven't applied for a visa yet?
    That is a visa form? Where's the best website to go to apply for a visa

W74255 wrote: »
    That is a visa form? Where's the best website to go to apply for a visa

Have you read the forum FAQ yet?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057139067

Have you read the forum FAQ yet?

I will read it now

What scheme are you filling out the form for? There are loads of different ways to emigrate to Canada, each with their own requirements. It's not really just a case of filling out a one-size-fits-all form and getting a visa, unfortunately. The first thing to nail down is what schemes, if any, you're eligible for. If you can wait until next year and you're under 35 the IEC is as good a way as any to get your foot in the door, as it were, over here. That gets you 2 years

What scheme are you filling out the form for? There are loads of different ways to emigrate to Canada, each with their own requirements. It's not really just a case of filling out a one-size-fits-all form and getting a visa, unfortunately. The first thing to nail down is what schemes, if any, you're eligible for. If you can wait until next year and you're under 35 the IEC is as good a way as any to get your foot in the door, as it were, over here. That gets you 2 years
    I'll explain my situ. I'm 28 as is my partner. We have one a 18 month old son. I have a degree in business and my partner has 5 years experience as accounts assistant. We plan to move to Canada in the hope of staying permanently. So not sure what visa we get. We'd rather go by next April.

• Advertisement

Id recommend you both go for the IEC next year, get jobs and then apply for permanent residency via the Canadian experience class after one year of work each has been completed

I can wait until next year. What month? I'm not sure of the scheme I need. I have a degree but no real experience, my partner has no degree but 6 years accounts assistant exoerience. We have an 18 month old. Thanks

Opens early in the year. Feb/mar I think. You qualify once you're under 35. Both you and your gf need to apply but your nipper will be able to go with you too as far as I know. The process is relatively simple and inexpensive, but there's huge interest in it so it's worth getting in as fast as possible once it opens

Opens early in the year. Feb/mar I think. You qualify once you're under 35. Both you and your gf need to apply but your nipper will be able to go with you too as far as I know. The process is relatively simple and inexpensive, but there's huge interest in it so it's worth getting in as fast as possible once it opens
    Where's the site to apply in February? How much does it usually cost? Can my partner and son come the same time as me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

All of your questions are answered in the IEC FAQ Thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Charlie589

Can someone please help me too. I am completely confused and ignorant about this. My brother in law intends to go to Canada to stay with uncles who are canadian citizens and has a job lined up over there. I looked on line and on one page it says he doesnt need a visa and on another it says he does. I emailed them and they said he doesnt need a permit/visa to visit or transit Canada but he is staying a minimum of one year. Im lost??

You don't need a permit to visit, but if they suspect you'll be working they won't let you in. You need a work permit to work, and a visitor permit/visa to visit. Ireland is visa exempt which means you don't need to pre-apply, the immigration officer will stamp it into your passport. I think 90 days is the maximum at a time, but you can extend it easily enough... Again only if not working.

If working comes into it, it's a whole other kettle of fish.

For that you either need to apply via the iec scheme when it opens again next year or apply to immigrate under another scheme, which will usually take a lot longer and involves lots of paperwork and a job offer or proof you can fill a gap in the domestic employment market

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Charlie589

Thanks Coyyb for your response. So basically his intention of heading off in January for a year is unrealistic.

Advertisement