Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa for partner/spouse

Options
  • 16-09-2014 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

My partner has been sponsored for an Australian visa with a view to stating with the company permanently. We live in Ireland at the moment. If we get married before going to Aus, does that simplify the visa process for me? I intend to undertake postgrad study there but I've missed the application deadline for 2015 so trying to figure out the simplest way for me to go with him. My qualification isn't on the list of "required" professions anymore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I assume your partner is sponsored on a 457 visa ......has his/her visa been granted yet?

If you can prove you been living together for 6 months you can claim to be defacto (which is same thing to being married) and be added on his/her visa as long as the employer agrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Smellbourne

As Mandrake Said - They recognise 'defacto' like a 'marrage' here so just compile your proof of habitation (Lease agreements/ wedding invitaion/ bills/ anything with both your names on them, & photos etc etc.).
    The immi.gov.au site has all the details

No need to put on a ring on it....unless its about time you did anyway :-)

Good Luck

Advertisement