Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disc Drive Noise

Options
  • 16-09-2014 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi all,

Is anyone else experiencing a loud disc drive on their PS4?

It seems mine is excessively loud (like the disc is spinning way faster than it should). It causes the PS4 to vibrate slightly, which I've alleviated by sticking a small bit of plastic in one corner. And it is excessively loud, making stealth night time playing redundant :P.

Any thoughts / solutions?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭budman9

Hi,
    not onlu you have problem with loud Blu-ray Drive in PS4. It seems to be normal in some models, and probably will be fixed in 2gen's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Mine is loud when I initially turn it on and after a couple of minutes, it dies down significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Whenever I run Killzone it goes crazy like it's about to levitate but for most games it seems fine.

(I'd imagine it would be tougher on first party games due to the span of system knowledge by the developers but still it's something to watch out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I had a launch day PS4 that was ,and still is wisper quite (I sold it to my cousin) I bought a Destiny bundle PS4 last week and it is also wisper quite.

Maybe I was lucky.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Maybe I was lucky.

Or deaf.

I SAID, OR DEAF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

F1ngers wrote: »
    Or deaf.

I SAID, OR DEAF.

I'm not BLIND... WHAT :p

• Registered Users Posts: 41 GerSmith

Thanks for the response folks. Seems I might just get onto Sony while it's within warranty.

I've never done it before, does anyone know the process?

Advertisement