Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 5 very slow to load videos

• 16-09-2014 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    My iPhone is very slow to load videos, it's only acting this way the last 7/8 weeks.
    Up until then it was perfect.

Now, even with full 3G reception, any video I play only loads a few seconds at a time, so it's constantly stopping and starting.

Can be slow to load web pages at times too but only occasionally.

Any ideas on how to remedy this situation??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Download speedtest app to check your internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

Doing that now.

Forgot to mention, I'm stilling running whatever ios6 version that I got the phone with from new.

Could this have a bearing on the problem??

TheFarrier wrote: »
    Doing that now.

Forgot to mention, I'm stilling running whatever ios6 version that I got the phone with from new.

I don't think so.
    Not extremely anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Doing that now.

No, that's not the issue. But you should really stay up to date with iOS, iOS 8 is out tomorrow.

Ok thanks.

As soon as I get this dang speedtest dl'd ill be back with stats.

Thank you

• Advertisement

I got the speedtest app and the results are as follows: (phone showing 2 bars of 3G reception)

Ping: 43ms
    Download: 2.86mbps
    Upload:0.24mbps

These figures mean nothing to me, I hope someone here can decipher them for me.

Thanks

Not terrible.
    Shouldn't be freezing anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Autonomous

Ah the iphone 'bug'.....happens when a new phone comes out, the old model sudden acts up...you need an iPhone 6

...now where's my tinfoil hat gone?

I get something similar on my 5S with Meteor on 3G. I just loaded up YouTube, played a clip with no issues.

One thing I can suggest - in YouTube, go to Settings then turn on 'Play HD on Wi-fi only' and see if that makes a difference?

theothernt wrote: »
    I get something similar on my 5S with Meteor on 3G. I just loaded up YouTube, played a clip with no issues.

One thing I can suggest - in YouTube, go to Settings then turn on 'Play HD on Wi-fi only' and see if that makes a difference?

Are you using the YouTube app or on safari??

I have the app but don't use it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

I got the speedtest app and the results are as follows: (phone showing 2 bars of 3G reception)

These figures mean nothing to me, I hope someone here can decipher them for me.

Thanks

Don't know where you are, on wifi or 3G.

But I am on 48. On my last test with Speedtext on 3G, on Ranelagh triangle, 18th May it says 10.11 down and 1.44 up. ping of 62.

In trim co Meath at the moment, on 3G (just about)

Got rid of a few unwanted apps on the phone this evening, seems to have helped, just have to wait and see now.

Thanks for all your help

Are you using the YouTube app or on safari??

I have the app but don't use it

I use the YouTube app as you have a lot more control, I'd give it a try.

(also, sadly deleting apps won't affect anything)

Advertisement