Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wait!!

Options
  • 16-09-2014 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone,

I've only been trying for about 4 months but I feel like I'm bursting with things to say. First of all I have so so so much respect for all long timers, it's heartbreaking to even read about the struggles, I really wish everybody the very best of luck with their journey (Sounding a bit vomity here-sorry!).

My main complaint so far is the 'wait' after ovulation for the 'missed' period. It feels like 6mths every time! Each month feels nearly longer than the previous, I thought I'd get used to it!! Anyway, this month in particular is agonising. I know I am hyper sensitive to every little twinge and inner twerk in my body but this month things feel different. I felt nauseous and dizzy the day we did the main deed(what's the PC way of saying this??) and then every day ever since (feels like 3mths ago but only 10 days) there's been sensations inside, I felt sick a good bit but nothing drastic. Ive been crippled with 'period' pain the last 3 days so I'm trying to convince myself that's all it is but obviously there's a whopping great part of me really hoping it isn't. I did cave and do a First Response yesterday which was neg so I'm preparing myself for that but as much as I try I can't stamp out that little part of me that is still hoping it will turn positive in a few days. My period is due in 5 days.

This is likely a very stupid question but does anyone have any hints or tips to try to pass the days without the freak out and constant wondering?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

I agree the two week wait is agonising however the longer you are ttc I reckon the less you will think about it (hopefully however you will get your bfp real soon :)

Try not to obsess. I was buying tests which were costing over a tenner each time so bought some cheap strips on ebay so at least if I do want to test early it's not costing me a fortune each time.
    Easier sAid than done but just enjoy the journey!!

Advertisement