Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 5 Captain poll

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Suarez for me, no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Di Maria (lei)
    Such a difficult one this week. I'm leaning towards Rooney, but might give Mata the option either. Love gameweeks like these where its all up in the air. Expect big jumps in rankings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Rooney (lei)
    Costa hasn't been announced injured, has he?
    If not captain someone else.
    If so captain Costa.
    Simple. Really. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Maybe Di Maria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Siggy or falcao !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Welbeck for a differential

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Ramsey (avl)
    Welbeck for a differential

If I had him or ade I'd probably go with one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Ace2007 wrote: »
    If I had him or ade I'd probably go with one of them.

I'd take a goal and 3 BPS for Welbeck right now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Sigurdsson (SOT)
    Falcao for me this week. Just cant see any other viable options....big risk though, but sure feck it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Adebayor (WBA)
    madness to captain naismith ? he looks like he'll score every game, missed a sitter last weekend to continue his run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Other
    On Ramsey for now, but considering Siggy or even Mad Mario for a differential

Don't think the City defence will be as soft as what Costa has met so far

(Though the way my luck is going he will probably score a hat trick !!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ramsey (avl)
    will probably choose Aguero. Costa vice. no real stand-out options for me this week. have Naismith but honestly i don't have the cojones to chance it on him. Ade, for those who have him, i think is a good punt

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Fatty Magoo

Naismith. Home to Palace he should bag one or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Welbeck (avl)
    So if, hypothetically, the only home player you had was Naismith, and he was home to Man City, and you had Costa playing away to QPR, you'd captain Naismith?
    No exceptions*.

* I would make exception in that case.

On Ramsey for now, but considering Siggy or even Mad Mario for a differential

Don't think the City defence will be as soft as what Costa has met so far

(Though the way my luck is going he will probably score a hat trick !!!)

I captained mad Mario last weeks as a differential. He had a home game. Spent the entire game walking around outside the box . I fell 700000 places !
    I won't EVER captain or have him in my team again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

I'm going to take a risk on Eriksen. He got his first last week and they are at home to a struggling West Brom side.

Don't fancy the fixtures for Chelsea, Man utd or Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Ramsey (avl)
    Going with Kun for now, very tempted by Costa though. Home player will probably win through on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

km79 wrote: »
    Spent the entire game walking around outside the box . I fell 700000 places !

I can imagine you screaming as you typed this :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Falcao (lei)
    There's no one really standing out to me. There's no one that I'm really terrified will go nuts. So seems like a good week to take a mini punt. So I'm thinking of Adebayor. Not someone I would normally consider, even against weaker teams - but could be worth a shot here.

IK09 wrote: »
    I can imagine you screaming as you typed this :pac:

I'm sad to say it nearly ruined my weekend and im a united fan :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Falcao (lei)
    There's no one really standing out to me. There's no one that I'm really terrified will go nuts. So seems like a good week to take a mini punt. So I'm thinking of Adebayor. Not someone I would normally consider, even against weaker teams - but could be worth a shot here.

Ade has been left at home for tonight's Europa lg game which shud have him nice and fresh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭Pipjam

Rooney (lei)
    Ade has been left at home for tonight's Europa lg game which shud have him nice and fresh.

The worry would be the rest of the team not being fresh though. Have they left many others at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Rooney (lei)
    iroced wrote: »
    Costa hasn't been announced injured, has he?
    If not captain someone else.
    If so captain Costa.
    Simple. Really. :cool:
    Pipjam wrote: »
    Mourinho reckons Costa is struggling with a niggle but should be fine rolleyes.png

Seriously :pac:?

Have to captain him now :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Going to chance Lamela myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Falcao (lei)
    Nuts102 wrote: »
    Going to chance Lamela myself.

You're the second person I've seen opt for Lamela, personally I think yiz are both mad, he's never scored in the premier league. Your options must be quite poor for this week???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Costa, Fabregas and Wellbeck have tough games. Sterling and Sigurdson are other options. But i think Spurs will put a few past a poor West Brom and he is playing off the striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Stuck with costa since the start so il stick with him again unless hes 100% out then il jump on Ramsey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Falcao (lei)
    The worry would be the rest of the team not being fresh though. Have they left many others at home?

Team and subs:

Lloris (c), Naughton, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Bentaleb, Stambouli; Lennon, Paulinho, Townsend; Kane

Subs: Vorm, Chiriches, Dier, Capoue, Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado

Falcao (lei)

I think 5 were left at home Chadli was another one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Ramsey (avl)
    Certainly tough to call this week. If i had a spurs or everton attacker id probably punt on them. Dont think utd will have it as easy this week, and they have a few threats in attack now so if they only score one or two its still quite possible some of mata rooney rvp falcao or di maria wont benefit. My options are costa, aguero, welbeck, ramsey, siggy, sterling, fabregas. Out of all those id say aguero is the best bet. Has scored goals already this season and chelsea seem more vulnerable in defence than they did last season. If i get any return from my captain ill be delighted as its shaping up to be a lean week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Rooney (lei)
    km79 wrote: »
    I captained mad Mario last weeks as a differential. He had a home game. Spent the entire game walking around outside the box . I fell 700000 places !
    I won't EVER captain or have him in my team again.

Had an apple from that cart myself. :(

Falcao (lei)
    FHFC wrote: »
    Had an apple from that cart myself. :(

Could've been worse lads I'd Mario and rvp captain.

Could've been worse lads I'd Mario and rvp captain.

i had Mario and di maria captain which in a way is worse! especially as I switched it from di maria as I convinced myself I was letting my heart rule my head !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I have Costa, Rooney and Balotelli up front but I've gone a bit mad and captained Chadli

Bookmark this post for a few days time. This will either be genius or stupidity :eek:

I'm being a bit indecisive now about putting Eriksen in as captian now...dont like players who have played europa league at the weekend (I know he's a sub but id worry about spurs as a squad).

Surely LVG will have been able to put a plan together to break down leicster with no euro distractions...(a plan that involves rooney scoring a shedload)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Falcao (lei)
    mectavba wrote: »
    I'm being a bit indecisive now about putting Eriksen in as captian now...dont like players who have played europa league at the weekend (I know he's a sub but id worry about spurs as a squad).

Surely LVG will have been able to put a plan together to break down leicster with no euro distractions...(a plan that involves rooney scoring a shedload)

Yeah I had decided on Adebayor. But then I was thinking back to Spurs last european game. And they were walloped by Liverpool 3 days after it. However, the european before that was followed by a 4-0 defeat of QPR. So it's really hard to know! West Brom don't seem to be in great form, so you would think Spurs would win that one - the question is how many will they score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Di Maria (lei)

Why would you give the armband to Eriksen?

Genuine question.

wonski wrote: »
    Why would you give the armband to Eriksen?

Genuine question.

Scored last week.

Takes all their set pieces.

SHOULD be a routine win for Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Di Maria (lei)
    Scored last week.

Takes all their set pieces.

SHOULD be a routine win for Spurs.

He only had one good game against Sunderland. Not a captain material imo but if you want to go this route - go ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

This season I think I will always go with a "big" player as captain, regardless of who the opposition is I.e the Suarez Effect. Somebody is bound to do well the odd week with an Eriksen, Adebayor or some obvious choice, but I think most weeks, I think Costa/Aguero/Rooney/Fabregas is likely to deliver be goods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Debating ade this week with both costa and Rooney away from home

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Anyone considering Balotelli ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Other
    bodking wrote: »
    Anyone considering Balotelli ??

Still in 2 minds
    Have it on Ramsey for now, but tempted

Got burned last time - had Costa (C) and Ramsey (V) both doubtful, so moved to Balotelli and then Costa scored a hat trick

No chance Costa will score big against City, but Balo is as likely to score 2pts as 20pts

Can't decide !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ramsey (avl)
    Aguero for me,hoping he gets a brace as he is close to top form imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Falcao (lei)
    Was tempted for Ade earlier in the week but that was before I realised they had that tough Europa league match.

Left with Aguero/Fab/Costa as choices. I don't fancy any of them. Chelsea will just go to City for a 0-0, maybe try to sneak a 1-0. I think it'll be a dour dull game with little chances.

Don't really know who to go for? Take a chance on Aguero???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

G1032 wrote: »
    Was tempted for Ade earlier in the week but that was before I realised they had that tough Europa league match.

Left with Aguero/Fab/Costa as choices. I don't fancy any of them. Chelsea will just go to City for a 0-0, maybe try to sneak a 1-0. I think it'll be a dour dull game with little chances.

Don't really know who to go for? Take a chance on Aguero???

Didn't Ade and a few others not travel for last nights game

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Adebayor (WBA)
    eh i dunno wrote: »
    Didn't Ade and a few others not travel for last nights game

Yes. Ade and chadli left at home. Lamela came on. Eriksen travelled But didn't play. Pretty much a second team out. If I had Adebayor I'd be captaining him!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭CorkyLFC

Di Maria (lei)
    1st time I've changed my captain from Costa. Have gone with Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Rooney (lei)
    I voted for Costa above but have changed to Rooney. I've taken everything everybody's said on board but it boils down to do I captain a player who is, on paper anyway, playing the toughest game of his domestic season. I didn't want to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Think Rooney is the safest choice in an awkward week myself

• Advertisement
Advertisement