Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying dearly for 3mb, only 1.3km from exchange and getting on average 0.40mb downloa

Options
  • 16-09-2014 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

What is going on? I understand peak times will be congested but this is ridiculous. It's impossible to watch videos, stream music,images load bit by bit like old dial up. There must be some solution to this. 
    I could possibly live with it, if it wasn't a €100 every two months for 0.40mb.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Damokc

Please feel free to PM me your eircom account details and I'll run some tests to see if there is anything creating this issue.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

Do you think its reasonable to be paying for this?
    Eircom_slows.jpg

Damokc wrote: »
    Do you think its reasonable to be paying for this?
    Eircom_slows.jpg

Hi Damokc

Having looked in to this I can confirm that there are no issues with the line internally or externally. Your internal set up looks to be fine also.
    As you had mentioned congestion at peak times is indeed expected with your broadband subscription however I highly recommend connecting to the internet with an Ethernet cable at these times as connecting using WIFI (wirelessly) will reduce speeds further.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

Phone socket is in the hall. We have a laptop which we rarely use,an iPad which is mostly used so even if it were possible a cable is not an option. How much is my area being throttled?

Damokc wrote: »
    Phone socket is in the hall. We have a laptop which we rarely use,an iPad which is mostly used so even if it were possible a cable is not an option. How much is my area being throttled?

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Your service or area is not throttled Damokc. You are currently subscribed to a package which offers up to 3MB download speeds. Speeds are provided and advised on the terms of when connected by directly to the modem. Using Wifi will always affect speeds and at peak times the speeds will be even slower because of congestion. These are the main reasons for speeds are advised in terms of 'up to'. [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]I am sorry I cannot offer you better news Damokc, I understand your IPAD cannot connect directly to the modem however eircom cannot provide service based on the multiple adaptability preferences other companies decide to use. I've checked your area for possible NGB upgrades and unfortunately your area is not planned for an upgrade yet. New plans should be released in mid 2015 and hopefully I'll be able to offer you better news on this then.

Al[/font]

• Advertisement
Advertisement