Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet stuck on Jellybean screen and recovery menu options wont load

• 17-09-2014 1:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭

Really out of ideas on this one. It is a CnM Tablet bought from Agros.
    It just stays on the jellybean screen and when I try to boot into recovery mode all I see is the little android man with the red triangle coming out of his chest. But no recovery options displayed.

I also can't hook it up to my pc and it says it's looking for drivers. Even tho I previously hooked it up before.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Really out of ideas on this one. It is a CnM Tablet bought from Agros.
    It just stays on the jellybean screen and when I try to boot into recovery mode all I see is the little android man with the red triangle coming out of his chest. But no recovery options displayed.

I also can't hook it up to my pc and it says it's looking for drivers. Even tho I previously hooked it up before.

Any ideas?

Did this happen suddenly, were you trying to flash an official or custom ROM before it happened? Or did it happen out of the blue? It may be possible to reflash the firmware if you install the ADB drivers, note: these are different to the generic mass storage ones you may have used previously

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Thanks for getting back, yoyo :)
    It just happened out of the blue.

I managed to find the recovery menu and doing a factory reset does nothing. Still the same stuck on the jellybean screen. Am guessing I will have to reinstall jellybean?

Thanks for getting back, yoyo :)
    It just happened out of the blue.

I managed to find the recovery menu and doing a factory reset does nothing. Still the same stuck on the jellybean screen. Am guessing I will have to reinstall jellybean?

Worth a shot, hopefully the flash memory isn't banjaxed.. Make sure to get the tablets ADB drivers, and the driver installs successfully. You should be able to flash the firmware then.
    What is the model number of the tablet? Googles not being that helpful! Also if it is in warranty I'd return it :)

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    Worth a shot, hopefully the flash memory isn't banjaxed.. Make sure to get the tablets ADB drivers, and the driver installs successfully. You should be able to flash the firmware then.
    What is the model number of the tablet? Googles not being that helpful! Also if it is in warranty I'd return it :)

Nick

sadly i dont have the receipt anymore. its a cnm 7dc-16.
    all these flashing / etc of tablets is all new to me. have a bit of a tech background so not totally like chinese but google aint helping.

anytime i search for anything more popular branded tablets come up.

Unfortunately it looks like the cnm website is gone. Doing a bit of digging I found this link: here. The firmware download link hasn't been archived but I would ask Argos to get the firmware update package from the distributor for you. CNM and Versus are the same brand

Nick

• Advertisement

Fed up with this now.
    Yoyo, or I guess anyone else, know of a decent place to get this fixed?

Fed up with this now.
    Yoyo, or I guess anyone else, know of a decent place to get this fixed?

Couldn't tell you being honest. A repair shop may be able to sort it for you, if it was a very cheap tablet it may not be worth it, plus it could be hardware failure that caused the issue.
    I would definitely get it touch with Argos and ask them for the firmware package though. This seems to be their official website but the download links are dead.
    Something else you could try is ask CNM on Facebook or Twitter if you use these services. May be worth a shot

Nick

Advertisement