Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office interior design advice

Options
  • 17-09-2014 9:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

I'm starting the process of setting up an office for my company. I have some candidates that are acceptable and the next step is to get the interior set up. I have about 1000sq ft and want to put in a couple of desks, an area for clients to sit and have it generally looking professional.

I don't just want to paint the walls, change the carpets and put in a couple of desks. I'd like to get somebody that can look at the office and tell me what the best solutions would be for my needs.

I've been googling but the results I've been getting seem to be for companies that do office design for large organisations. I don't want a rolls royce solution. This is a small enough job.

I know Boards don't like people recommending companies so would anybody have any google recommendations I could try. And if anybody has gotten a job like this done themselves what kind of ball park price would I be looking at.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

We kitted our office out with desks, drawers, lamps, a sofa & shelves from IKEA. Worked perfectly, looks well and wasn't crazy expensive.

Plan it out on paper first to make sure everything fits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

An architect would charge about 10% of the cost, though probably would have a minimum fee. It is worthwhile using one, there are enough out there who are hungry for work. Work environment is important for several reasons, morale being just one.
    You need to think about image, privacy, meeting areas, public areas, space per person (is 7SqM a guideline or a rule?) The smell of someone's lunch being heated up in the office microwave would not be appropriate when visitors call. What would be appropriate for a lawfirm would not be right for an IT start-up. Too many 'designers' out there are chancers, get a professional.

Advertisement