Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple looking for Apartment to rent in St Kilda Area

Options
  • 17-09-2014 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

4 weeks today my Girlfriend and I are setting off to Melbourne we will be looking for an aprtment in the St Kilda are with easy access to shops, trams, trains to the CBD

Have been looking on gumtree etc with not much luck

Ideally would like to stay with other Irish people in the same situation as us!

If anyone has any info please let me know :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Smellbourne

try:
    flatmatefinder.com.au (this is how we got our first place)
    or
    domain.com.au (more for full lease and then you find people to move in and share)
    or
    realestate.com.au (as above)
    or
    there are a few 'Irish in Melbourne' pages on facebook. just do a search. people usually put up when they need tenants in house shares
    or
    arrive in St.K and stay in one of the many backpackers for the first couple of days as they all have notice boards with posts that might help or you could meet likeminded folk to go in on a houseshare with.

If you're looking to be close to the CBD you're much better off getting a place in one of the closer suburbs like Richmond/Carlton/Fitzroy/Collingwood/South Melbourne. St. K does have more of a backpacker vibe if thats what you're after and is buzzing during the summer in all fairness.

Best of luck, youll love it no matter where you end up :)

Advertisement