Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Hi and thanks for your email.

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances we have had to change the service where the Gillette razor promo is handled. The new service is currently in a transition situation and working their way through outstanding applications and requests. This is taking more time than expected, resulting in the promised product is taking longer than set out in our original T&Cs.

We want to reassure you that you will receive your razor/samples in due cause.

For further information please contact 0845 456 0142 or you prefer email pgpromotions@sykes.com

The phone is not manned at all times but there is a voicemail service in place for you to leave a message along with your details. Someone will call you back within in one working day.

This is an exceptional situation for which we sincerely apologise. We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Kind regards,

Joanne

Consumer Relations

I trust Joanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭howyegettinon1

kneemos wrote: »
    I trust Joanne.

Joanne@autoreply.gillete.com

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

TheDriver wrote: »
    is your tin foil hat working?

Double sided. Best to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

They never bothered responding to my last three emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭NinetyForNone

Sam Mac wrote: »
    They never bothered responding to my last three emails.
    Would they have been blocked because of f*****g profanities?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Hi and thanks for your email.

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances we have had to change the service where the Gillette razor promo is handled. The new service is currently in a transition situation and working their way through outstanding applications and requests. This is taking more time than expected, resulting in the promised product is taking longer than set out in our original T&Cs.

We want to reassure you that you will receive your razor/samples in due cause.

For further information please contact 0845 456 0142 or you prefer email pgpromotions@sykes.com

The phone is not manned at all times but there is a voicemail service in place for you to leave a message along with your details. Someone will call you back within in one working day.

This is an exceptional situation for which we sincerely apologise. We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Kind regards,

Joanne

Consumer Relations

Joanne can't write for sh*t!!!you would've thought someone would have checked that before it was auto replied to everyone

Would they have been blocked because of f*****g profanities?

Ah come here.. I was polite each time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Just received the following from P&G Promotions <pgpromotions@sykes.com>:
    Good morning,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the Gillette Fusion ProGlide razor promotion. Unfortunately we will not be able to fulfil this request. This is due to insufficient/incorrect information being provided at the time of application.

Future promotions will be available if you wish to apply again.

Kind regards,

On behalf of the P&G Promotional customer care team.

Would be interested to know what constitutes insufficient / incorrect information, especially as I once again provided my full name & address in follow-up correspondence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

So "transition situation" means bad pedalling at high speed while pointing the blame at the potential customer "It's your fault you wanted one, we weren't expecting Irish people to want one".
    This is epic customer alienation!

Well, well, well..
    Look what decided to show its face this Monday morning;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Got mine in the post today....finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭major deegan

Yamanoto wrote: »

Would be interested to know what constitutes insufficient / incorrect information, especially as I once again provided my full name & address in follow-up correspondence.

Me too! Got the same e mail from them today..and yes I filled out whatever was on the initial form.. They mustn't have enough to go around perhaps!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i reckon ireland is going to banned from further promos in future.

This surely is pr disaster on how not to run a promtion.

if i dont get mine ill be writing to the ceo to complain.

i alos be complaning to their Data protection officer as this is clearly a collection of data for no specific use, just to pee them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Well, well, well..
    Look what decided to show its face this Monday morning;
    GiftofGab wrote: »
    Got mine in the post today....finally.

Did either of you email them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

Me too! Got the same e mail from them today..and yes I filled out whatever was on the initial form.. They mustn't have enough to go around perhaps!
    I got the same reply.I'm going to escalate just for the fun.

nc6000 wrote: »
    Did either of you email them?

Yes, about five times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

pgukire.im@pg.com ?
    Weird looking email address. Will they require my bank details and request a small fee to recieve it? :pac:

I emailed the above address but got no reply am I using the right one gents?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

irishgeo wrote: »
    i reckon ireland is going to banned from further promos in future.

The problem also was experienced by a number of people the other side of the Irish Sea..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,797 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Yamanoto wrote: »

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the Gillette Fusion ProGlide razor promotion. Unfortunately we will not be able to fulfil this request. This is due to insufficient/incorrect information being provided at the time of application.

I got exactly the same message....what total rubbish!

I asked for clarification and got back

Unfortunately I do not have the specifics on what information was incorrect. I have checked with the ordering team and they advise that they sort through the requests and any that can not be completed due to incorrect information are not fulfilled. Which is the case this time round.

Kind regards,

errr...well that clears things up!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭NinetyForNone

So is it time the start the official disgruntled bargain hunter boardies campaign to boycott Procter & Gamble and get them listed as a proscribed terrorist organisation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

I emailed them requesting to be taken off their database and any associated databases, suggesting that the promotion was a front for a data mining exercise.

TBH they can shove the razor at this stage......blade end first

gmisk wrote: »
    Unfortunately I do not have the specifics on what information was incorrect. I have checked with the ordering team and they advise that they sort through the requests and any that can not be completed due to incorrect information are not fulfilled. Which is the case this time round.

Kind regards,

errr...well that clears things up!

"We forgot to put a limit on how many applications we would accept but you the potential customer were wrong to apply after that imaginary number was decided on after it was exceeded. BTW, we still own your details, thanks and regards suckers!"

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mac 3

Just Mailed em. We'll see what comes back for sh!ts and giggles..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Just wondering if any of those who have received the razor hadn't sent an email? I've invested too much time not to be rewarded.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Had faith in Joanne.Hope she doesn't let me down,might start stalking her .

fdevine wrote: »
    I emailed them requesting to be taken off their database and any associated databases, suggesting that the promotion was a front for a data mining exercise.

TBH they can shove the razor at this stage......blade end first

It's been so long I can't even remember which email account I used (I only applied once and I suspect from a regularly but not often used email account). Or whether I used work or home address. Did we receive a confirmation email and can anyone tell me what the subject line was?

Gonna email for a prompt delivery or prompt removal from database.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Here's the info P&G requested as part of the promotion.

http://web.archive.org/web/20140925152016/http://www.firstreal.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Edser

So is it time the start the official disgruntled bargain hunter boardies campaign to boycott Procter & Gamble and get them listed as a proscribed terrorist organisation?

Chancers. I was actually buying razors last week and while browsing, deliberately decided to go for Wilkinson sword, avoiding Gillette.

Only a small statement, but my small statement :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

sent email, still no answer or razor (1 week ago)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Spipov wrote: »
    sent email, still no answer or razor (1 week ago)

I'm the same.. What's the address im going write agsin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement