Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ugly Babies

• 17-09-2014 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭

They are out there but nobody ever says anything.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

All babies are ugly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

They should be put down, only the strong and handsome should survive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Most babies look awful. Like I'd cry with horror after all that pushing and pain to be handed a shrivelled up wrinkly person with a film of gross stuff still on them.
    That said, they do tend to get better looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Autonomous

I think you're ugly inside op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

They acknowledge it when the person gets older. My brother had a gastrointestinal operation when he was two weeks old, for Pyloric stenosis, which left him looking absolutely hideous for the next few weeks. We used to have a photo of him, taken shortly after the operation, and I even managed to get my mum to agree (albeit many years later) that he was a very ugly baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Nobody ever says anything because a new mother would tear them limb from limb for not gooing over her adorable squishy little babby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

There has been an inordinate amount of hairy babies born in my parish since a particularly amorous milkman started doing the rounds (so to speak).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Most babies look awful. Like I'd cry with horror after all that pushing and pain to be handed a shrivelled up wrinkly person with a film of gross stuff still on them.
    That said, they do tend to get better looking.

I'm on about the ugly babies that will stay ugly forever, most of them look like a constipated Jimmy Magee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I'm on about the ugly babies that will stay ugly forever, most of them look like a constipated Jimmy Magee.

Ah so you are on about ugly people?

Some people are beautiful some are ugly. That is just the way it is ( I am in the second camp).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭The Purveyor of Truth

Couple of months back I was standing beside a couple holding a baby and another couple were walking past and the woman stopped and said:

"Oh what a cute little baby. What's his name?" The other woman, with a look that would have Medusa to shame, says: "Amy".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

I know a mother who has a big, fat baby.
    She's always feeding him - it's like an obsession.
    He's got rolls of fat on his arms, legs, belly.

People always say stuff like 'Wow, he's very solid isn't he?'
    She beams with pride.

But actually what they mean is 'Your child is already starting to look dangerously obese and you should probably stop constantly shovelling food down his gob.'

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Couple of months back I was standing beside a couple holding a baby and another couple were walking past and the woman stopped and said:

"Oh what a cute little baby. What's his name?" The other woman, with a look that would have Medusa to shame, says: "Amy".

I bet Amy is dressed head to toe in pink now to detract from her boyish looks

There has been an inordinate amount of hairy babies born in my parish since a particularly amorous milkman started doing the rounds (so to speak).

You'd need proof if you're going to make that sort of accusation. I've heard that he's a very careful man. A very careful man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

wazky wrote: »
    They should be put down, only the strong and handsome should survive.
    The same doctrine should be followed as seen in the movie 300. No exceptions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

RayM wrote: »
    You'd need proof if you're going to make that sort of accusation. I've heard that he's a very careful man. A very careful man.
    Not when it comes to taking precautions in the bedroom :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Luck can change. I was hideous looking as a baby but now I'm stunning (and modest too). In fact, we joke that my mother's PND was triggered by how hideous I looked :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I'm an ugly baby.

On the inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Babies are inherently cute.

BMJD wrote: »
    Not when it comes to taking precautions in the bedroom :rolleyes:

You wouldn't be advocating artificial contraception, would you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

RayM wrote: »
    You wouldn't be advocating artificial contraception, would you?

JUST FECK OFF!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

First thing my mother ever said to me was that I was a horrible looking baby. Apparently the nurse wasn't amused.

First thing my mother ever said to me was that I was a horrible looking baby. Apparently the nurse wasn't amused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ugly or not, all babies taste the same

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

Ugly identical twins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Newborns are not cute. I defy anyone to be cute after being pushed through a 10cm tunnel while out of their tiny squashed heads on drugs as well as being jetlagged, hungover and covered in blood and amniotic fluid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

My first daughter was squished and wrinkly when she arrived into this world. Ill admit she didn't look pretty but she was the most beautiful little thing in the world to me.

My second daughter had a easier birth and arrived looking perfect and beautiful and still is.

They were both beautiful to me (just in different ways)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

What sexual position produces the ugliest kids?
    Ask your parents

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I'd agree with the op. I'm noticing these days that there are a lot of very sloppy babies who look as though they couldn't be bothered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You hear people saying how the name just came to them when they saw the baby for the first time.

If that was the case there would be a lot more babies called Winston.

Or Churchill, I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

It's always difficult to tell a parent their baby resembles a gremlin. So when I'm asked the usual nonsense - "Who do you think they look like?" I usually reply with - "Themself."

I don't know about that.

My mother tells my brother that he was so ugly when he was born, that when the placenta was delivered she thought it was twins.

:)

Most babies are cute because they're ickle and have tiny fingers and toes. Some are horrors who look like mini geriatrics, but they tend to grow into themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Seriously, all babies are ugly [AND THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME, aside from colour variation] compared to, say, kittens and puppies - only ones that say otherwise are the parents, and suck up friends too afraid to tell the truth ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 littlebuddy84

Babies are the ugliest things ever. I really don't understand people who think their lovely/cute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I dont know why people would get offended. If they didnt change the baby themselves they wouldnt be able to tell either.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Th!ng

Child birth is a lot like maggots wriggling forth from rotting apples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I was an ugly baby. 39 years later things have not improved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Ugly babies? What about the hairy ones?!?!? :eek: It's like they couldn't be bothered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Ruu wrote: »
    Ugly babies? What about the hairy ones?!?!? :eek: It's like they couldn't be bothered.

Thought of this.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qty-VjKzoJI

So, so true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

You don't think the babies are copying his style do you ?

KungPao wrote: »
    Ugly identical twins?

No just twice the ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭CantonasCollar

I would agree that most newborns look fairly similar, but I have seen a truly ugly baby. 15 months later and she has only got worse. I feel sorry for her parents, because they must know she is ugly and people are lying if they say anything different.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

I often hear women sniggering ''oh its a ginger'' when they see a new baby that has red hair.Always reminds me of Dumbo when they mocked his big ears.So cruel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I often hear women sniggering ''oh its a ginger'' when they see a new baby that has red hair.Always reminds me of Dumbo when they mocked his big ears.So cruel.

That's so cruel! They're probably just jealous and dried up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

****ty, screaming, snotty... Babies. Bless. I was one once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I know a mother who has a big, fat baby.
    She's always feeding him - it's like an obsession.
    He's got rolls of fat on his arms, legs, belly.

People always say stuff like 'Wow, he's very solid isn't he?'
    She beams with pride.

But actually what they mean is 'Your child is already starting to look dangerously obese and you should probably stop constantly shovelling food down his gob.'

He's not ginger with a flat cap and an expensive gold watch is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    That's so cruel! They're probably just jealous and dried up.

Frankly I'll love my child in spite of anything.

Except if it's ginger, obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

^I hope my baby has red hair. It's an amazingly effective dickhead filter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Bafucin

The Th!ng wrote: »
    Child birth is a lot like maggots wriggling forth from rotting apples.
    Speak for yourself I was always a handsome child and sprang from a peach.

• Advertisement
Advertisement