Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC/Server Memory Testing Hardware

Options
  • 17-09-2014 11:27am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys,

A company I do some work for has a bucketload of memory sitting here from various systems, PCs, Servers etc however I am not sure if its good or not.

Unfortunately they have a fairly high turnover of equipment so the chance of them having a system to test it is slim.

What I need to get my hands on is a memory tester, such as a ramcheck lx but I can't see them forking out for few thousand dollars to purchase it.

Does anyone have access to one of these where it could be leased or rented for say a month or know anywhere that would offer a service to test all this memory.

Another alternative is that if someone has access to one, I'm sure some financial arrangement could be come to where they test it on the companies behalf.

Like I said, there is a substantial amount of it and if working, would be worth a few quid so they are reluctant to throw it out.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tox

Advertisement