Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eating Lunch at NUI Maynooth

Options
  • 17-09-2014 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm going to be bringing my own lunch with me to college and was wondering if there's anywhere you can go to eat. It looks like there's only restaurants and nowhere for people who can't really afford to buy their meals every day. I know things are cheap at colleges but not as cheap as making my own lunch.
    Thanks in advance!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

The Common Room and the couches in the arts block are your main options,
    you could also sit outside if it's nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    The Common Room and the couches in the arts block are your main options,
    you could also sit outside if it's nice.

You can eat your lunch in Phoenix too.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

you pay enough to be there you can eat wherever the hell you want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Will55555

There are a couple of prefabs that are joined onto the arts building with some comfy couches, a sink, kettle, 2 microwaves and a fridge. It's called the commuter/mature student room. You'll see it on your right hand side if you are walking from phoenix towards Iontas.

https: //www. maynoothuniversity.ie/sites/default/files/assets/document/Venues%20-%20Campus%20Map%20-%20NUI%20Maynooth.pdf

(Please note, I had to put 2 spaces in the above URL because I can't post URLs as a user with so few posts. Just delete the gaps to get to the pdf.)

On the map it's called the Annex. At the right hand side of the Arts Building!

Other than that you can always eat in the Students Union foyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BooksBitsNBobs

Will55555 wrote: »
    There are a couple of prefabs that are joined onto the arts building with some comfy couches, a sink, kettle, 2 microwaves and a fridge. It's called the commuter/mature student room. You'll see it on your right hand side if you are walking from phoenix towards Iontas.

https: //www. maynoothuniversity.ie/sites/default/files/assets/document/Venues%20-%20Campus%20Map%20-%20NUI%20Maynooth.pdf

(Please note, I had to put 2 spaces in the above URL because I can't post URLs as a user with so few posts. Just delete the gaps to get to the pdf.)

On the map it's called the Annex. At the right hand side of the Arts Building!

Other than that you can always eat in the Students Union foyer.

So can anyone use that area? I'll be commuting so I guess I qualify.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 BooksBitsNBobs

Toshi101 wrote: »
    you pay enough to be there you can eat wherever the hell you want :)
    Haha. Couldn't agree with you more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Eat where you like. Canteen, su whatever. No one will say boo to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Will55555

So can anyone use that area? I'll be commuting so I guess I qualify.

Yeah, of course you can. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Eat where you like. Canteen, su whatever. No one will say boo to you.
    I was firmly told not to eat my own lunch at O'Briens and in Pugin, and in the place that was there before Chill I had two people at my table ordering me out as soon as I took the lid off my lunchbox. In all three places I'd bought a coffee. I can understand people wanting to keep their tables for people who buy stuff, but I did buy stuff.

And I kind of think that if it's a publicly available seat on a university campus, anyone should be able to eat their lunch there. I'd get less crap for eating or drinking nothing, than I have for attempting the vile crime of scoffing my own bourbon creams. If you're a student on campus, you should be able to eat where you like.

Hey I never tried up in Costa, are they friendly up there? I like their coffee quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

ya in Pugin hall they can be a bit strict if you don't buy anything.. but if ya buy the soup and a roll for 2.50 and eat your own stuff with it you will be fine..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

mickstupp wrote: »
    Hey I never tried up in Costa, are they friendly up there? I like their coffee quite a bit.

I've been up in Costa loads of times and rarely bought anything and nothing was ever said to me. I've also sat down in the restaurant in Phoenix and the sandwich bar area doing write ups or whatever and nothing was ever said either.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭FatherlyNick

Had all my lunches in Phoenix and no one ever told me to get lost. I guess its safe to eat there.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Always ate in Phoenix and Costa, spent full days in the place and was only ever kicked out at closing time.. Phoenix is the place to go if you've a couple of hours and your own lunch :)

Advertisement