Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Webmail

Options
  • 17-09-2014 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭

My eircom webmail username has changed during the last week i.e. when people received emails from me they saw my first name and surname, now they see a different first name and my surname. I did not activate or authorise this change. My first name now comes up as my mother's (now deceased) first name for some reason and it's pretty freaky.

I did get an email purporting to be from Microsoft advising that an attempt was made to access my email account and to follow the link to recover the account, change password etc but I was hesitant to to so. I did however go into the eircom website and changed my password there.

I cannot get any link on the Eircom webpage to lead me to a solution or to a customer service advisor. I have phoned 1901 but they ask me for landline number with them but I no longer have a landline.

Can anybody advise me how I can change back my user name to my own name as it was before? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moving to Talk to eircom, to see if the reps there can help

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

My eircom webmail username has changed during the last week i.e. when people received emails from me they saw my first name and surname, now they see a different first name and my surname.  I did not activate or authorise this change.  My first name now comes up as my mother's (now deceased) first name for some reason and it's pretty freaky.

I did get an email purporting to be from Microsoft advising that an attempt was made to access my email account and to follow the link to recover the account, change password etc but I was hesitant to to so.  I did however go into the eircom website and changed my password there.

I cannot get any link on the Eircom webpage to lead me to a solution or to a customer service advisor.  I have phoned 1901 but they ask me for landline number with them but I no longer have a landline.

Can anybody advise me how I can change back my user name to my own name as it was before?  Thanks

Hi bottlebrush

This does indeed seem very odd, the name would normally be changed in settings (via wenmail: https://secure.eircom.net/email/) and you can revert to original through settings also. The best advice I can offer in relation to finding out how this could have happened is to contact eircoms email support team. If you are an eircom broadband customer you can reach email support on 1890260260 however if you are not subscribed to eircom broadband you will need to contact email support on 1530277100 (charged at 33c per min)

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement